Windows 10: windows mail

Discus and support windows mail in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; when trying to signin to windows live mail acct, it tells me: to help protect your onlin id acct you must signin again. what is that? usually never... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by catsears, Sep 21, 2020.

1. catsears Win User

windows mail

when trying to signin to windows live mail acct, it tells me: to help protect your onlin id acct you must signin again.

what is that? usually never have a problem signing into my windows live email address, why the problem?

what do I do to change it?

thanks

I cant keep changing the silly microsoft acct password all the time!!! I dont understand all this email differences....

:)

catsears, Sep 21, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. windows mail :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Sep 21, 2020
  3. Edwin Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Sep 21, 2020
  4. windows mail

Mail App in Windows 10

Hi John,

We apologize for the delay in response.

Follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1:

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the Mailbox sync settings.

• Open the Mail app and sign in to your account.
    • Click on the gear icon (Settings) from the bottom left corner.
    • Click on the Accounts under
      Settings
    • Click on your account and select Change settings.
    • Click on the Change mailbox sync settings and check in the
      Sync options.
    If the issue persist, follow the below step.

Step 2:

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the mail app, reconfigure the email account in mail app and check if the mail app is working properly.

Follow the below steps to uninstall the Mail and Calendar apps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select
      Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to reinstall the Mail and calendar app.
    get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

Note: After performing the above steps, install the Mail and calendar app form the Windows store.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Sep 21, 2020
Thema:

windows mail

1. windows mail - Similar Threads - mail

2. Problems with the Mail App and with Solitaire

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems with the Mail App and with Solitaire: I was told several times by tech support that I may have trouble with my old i7 Microsoft PC in handling Windows 10 simply b because the old PC was not made to handle Microsoft 10. It is at a point where the PC does its own thing and makes huge mistakes like transferring...
  3. Can't add an email account to Windows mail app

Can't add an email account to Windows mail app: I cannot add another email in the mail app. I go through the steps but Windows gets stuck on this screen. I've left it for hours but it does not make any progress. Thank you in advance. [ATTACH]...
  4. Cortana "Open mail" command gives options control panel mail or settings

in Cortana
    Cortana "Open mail" command gives options control panel mail or settings: Cortana for some reason opens a dialog asking me to select control panel, mail, or settings when I say open mail. Very strange when selecting mail, it opens control panel and when selecting control panel it still opens control panel. This a brand new laptop with the latest...
  5. Fresh install, added gsuite account to Windows Mail and it isn't getting any messages

Fresh install, added gsuite account to Windows Mail and it isn't getting any messages: Windows mail version Version 16005.13228.41011.0 on Windows 20H2. I have email using Google Gsuite. I added an account to Windows mail by choosing "Google". I entered my email and Google password in the Google dialog. I answered the MFA challenge on my phone, and it appeared...
  6. Windows 10 Mail App Storage Use

Windows 10 Mail App Storage Use: Hello, recently I got a notice from Windows telling me that I was running out of storage room in one of the drives on my laptop. On the storage management it told me that the Mail app was using about 47GB of storage. On the Mail app I couldn't find any option to manage the...
  7. Window's 10 Mail app no longer working! Version 16005.13228.41011.0

in Windows 10 Customization
    Window's 10 Mail app no longer working! Version 16005.13228.41011.0: I posted yesterday about this, someone gave me some options to try. I did disable the firewall which made no difference, reenable it. I uninstalled and reinstalled the Microsoft Mail app which also was unsuccessful, lost all the folders I had created to store email! Email...
  8. I got notification that my windows 10 was out of date. I updated it. Now all my e-mails...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I got notification that my windows 10 was out of date. I updated it. Now all my e-mails...: i got a notification that my windows 10 was out of date and needed to be upgraded. I did that. It restarted. Now all my e-mails are gone! How do I get them back?...
  9. My Mail app keeps disappearing from settings

My Mail app keeps disappearing from settings: I keep having to download mail and calender app to my default apps list. But even with not turning my PC off a certain time later it will just disappear and just who the + on email with choose a default. I have reset to Microsoft recommended and it shows nothing under...
  10. moving email to folders in Windows 10 Mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    moving email to folders in Windows 10 Mail: I cannot figure out how to move an email to folders in Windows Mail 10. These are folders that were originally created in a Gmail account and now show up under folders option. I click the three dots in the upper right hand corner of the email panel, select move, and none of...