Windows 10: Windows Mail

Discus and support Windows Mail in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; It's more complicated than that so I don't understand how you managed. I did have to copy msidcrl30.dll to c:/windows/system32 folder as well. Omitted... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by davidvh2, Aug 3, 2015.

1. rgauchey Win User

Windows Mail

I did have to copy msidcrl30.dll to c:/windows/system32 folder as well. Omitted that. The link by resi1972 has all the answers.

rgauchey, Aug 24, 2015
  2. davidvh2 Win User

And?

davidvh2, Aug 24, 2015
  3. resi1972 Win User
    Here's is apart from what Endoavor wrote in the windows 8 forum:

I did adjust it for Windows10

Instructions how to install WinMail to 10:
    Take ownership of winmail folder ( if you use windows 8x64 , you need to take ownership of program files/winmail and program files(x86)/winmail). Remember to check the " show system files " before that.
    ~ install Brinks Take Ownership.reg Here (works only for Windows 10 when English)
    ~ Then right click on your W10 'Program Files/Windows Mail' folder, and click Take Ownership.
    ~ Then right click on your W10 'Program Files/Windows Mail' folder, and Delete it.
    ~ Then copy/paste 'the windows mail folders from the attachment ' to the Windows Mail' folders
    C:\Program Files and C:\Program Files (x86) if you have a 64bit OS else only the 32bits folder
    ~ Create a shortcut from the WinMail.exe you just copied - to the Desktop.
    If you can't see winmail.exe in the folder goto view and uncheck the
    Hide protected operating system files checkbox

Windows Mail [​IMG]

~ copy/replace the
    msidcrl30.dll from the attachment to C:\Windows\System32\msidcrl30.dll. Use the 32bit dll for a 32bits windows 10 and the 64 bits dll wheb your windows is a 64 bits OS
    ~ Download the WinMailEdit.reg (supplied at the bottom of this post) ..and merge it (x86/x64)
    ~ Then you are done..
    ~ Start WinMail and she opens immediately..
    ...from here you setup the Windows Mail client as normal...

resi1972, Aug 24, 2015
  4. burtic76 Win User

Windows Mail

I have this problem with winmail on win 10 64 it, i also installed winmail on win 10 32bit and works fine , but it wont start on 64 bit version
    Windows Mail [​IMG]

Windows Mail [​IMG]

burtic76, Sep 14, 2015
  5. kepster01 Win User
    Does anyone know how to get the (send a link) and (send a page) to work in winmail on windows 10

kepster01, Oct 2, 2015
  6. prikker Win User
    prikker, Oct 5, 2015
  7. Nordberg Win User
    Hi.

First of all.. Please excuse my poor english as I am from Germany. Thx..

About three weeks ago I upgraded my first PC from "Windows 7 Ultimate x64" to "Windows 10 PRO" (Build 10240).
    After having different probs with some programs (sorry.. Apps) & features, e.g. Soundcard drivers, the "only-512-entries-in-the-Start-Menü-Bug" and some other little crazy things, I must say that Windows 10 now runs stable and smooth.

So today I decided to have an eye on the old "WinMail" which has run absolutely stable under my old Windows 7 and still runs on my second Windows 7 PC.

After this -> "Windows Mail" unfortunately I run into two problems.

The first problem affects the settings for WinMail.
    The above part of the "Advanced" tab (german=Erweitert) under "Tools" (german="Extras") -> "Options" is completely empty
    (see pictures #1 & #2 - comparison Windows 7 / Windows 10).
    Windows Mail [​IMG]

Windows Mail [​IMG]

I rechecked all the necessary files in the folders under "programs\Windows Mail" & "programs (x86)\Windows Mail" for the correct version & ownership, etc..
    They are exactly the same as those in the old Windows 7 folder. The msidcrl30.dll's (System32 & SYSWOW64) are exactly the same too as under Windows 7.

The second problem relates to the POP3 server.
    From time to time when I open WinMail or when I click on the "Send/Receive" button when WinMail is running an error pops up with the following message:
    "Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity account:.. 'mx.freenet.de', Server: 'mx.freenet.de', Protocol: POP3, Port: 995, Secure (SSL): Yes, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F "(see picture #3).

Windows Mail [​IMG]

This error occurs, as I already mentioned, only sporadically and in no fixed rhythm.
    I have checked the account settings again and again. Everything is as it should be and how it is on my second "Windows 7 Ultimate x64"-PC.
    I also disabled my Antivirus program (Avira) [Windows Defender is OFF] and the Windows Firewall. But the error shows up anyway.

Both errors don't show up on my second Windows 7 computer with exactly the same settings.

Would be great if someone could try to help me with this..

-
    Regards

Nordberg, Oct 5, 2015
  8. Nordberg Win User

Windows Mail

Installed it yesterday and it looks good.
    Its very close to WinMail and the import functions work very well.
    Also no errors so far.

Seems I have a new mail client.. R.I.P WinMail

Thanks for the link.. *Smile

--
    Regards

Nordberg, Oct 6, 2015
  9. pissant Win User
    Thank you davidvh2 for starting this thread and thanks to resi1972 for posting the zip archive, this makes things so much easier *Smile

I now have a working Windows Mail in Windows 10 : Excellent!

*Biggrin *Biggrin *Biggrin

pissant, Nov 14, 2015
  10. Ex_Brit Win User
    Build 10586 has broken it.

Ex_Brit, Nov 15, 2015
  11. Ex_Brit Win User
    Simple cure, just replace the Windows Mail folders with original Vista ones and the shortcut once again works.
    Outlined here: How to use Winmail on Windows 8.
    (See "Revised")

Ex_Brit, Nov 15, 2015
  12. Peter, I gave you a "thumbs up" for your Excellent and concise post--I wanted to post a thank you to you (Ex_Brit) and endeavor for this solution. I'm only registered at tenforum and not at eightforum; so, I had no way of complimenting endeavor other than here with your great link to his solution. Thank you!! (Chase)

Chase4ever, Dec 3, 2015
  13. Windows Mail

pissant, I had to give you a thumbs up--thanks for helping confirm the info you wrote; I just need to add "ditto." (Chase)

Chase4ever, Dec 3, 2015
  14. pissant Win User
    Your welcome Chase4ever glad to be of assistance *Smile

pissant, Dec 14, 2015
  15. endeavor Win User
    When it comes to installing WinMail, the files attached in this thread in one way or the other come from the source anyway, and so when installing WinMail, one might just as well just go to the source :
    Instructions on how to install WinMail to Windows 8 or 10

(if necessary Advanced users can just scroll down to that section)

ps,
    resi1972, good job with your post # 16 to be of help

endeavor, Dec 16, 2015
Thema:

Windows Mail

1. Windows Mail - Similar Threads - Mail

2. Windows Mail keeps logging me out and its frustrating me!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Mail keeps logging me out and its frustrating me!: Ever since recently A few days to a week or so, Windows mail seems to always log me out. Its stressing me. It worked fine before this.I use the newest version.https://gyazo.com/0b8eae0cc1473acd85622339a92403d4Sometimes I stay a seconth logged in, sometimes a little bit...
  3. Windows Mail keeps logging me out and its frustrating me!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Mail keeps logging me out and its frustrating me!: Ever since recently A few days to a week or so, Windows mail seems to always log me out. Its stressing me. It worked fine before this.I use the newest version.https://gyazo.com/0b8eae0cc1473acd85622339a92403d4Sometimes I stay a seconth logged in, sometimes a little bit...
  4. Can't login to my yahoo mail account from my pc using edge, chrome, firefox or windows10...

Can't login to my yahoo mail account from my pc using edge, chrome, firefox or windows10...: Past few months I can't login to my yahoo mail account from my pc using edge, chrome, firefox or windows10 Yahoo app? It timesout and does let me enter my password. Or it tells me I've failed to access my account too many times and I need to wait an hour even thoughIhavenot...
  5. Can't login to my yahoo mail account from my pc using edge, chrome, firefox or windows10...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't login to my yahoo mail account from my pc using edge, chrome, firefox or windows10...: Past few months I can't login to my yahoo mail account from my pc using edge, chrome, firefox or windows10 Yahoo app? It timesout and does let me enter my password. Or it tells me I've failed to access my account too many times and I need to wait an hour even thoughIhavenot...
  6. Yahoo mail is updated, but it does not show screen contents on WIndows 11

Yahoo mail is updated, but it does not show screen contents on WIndows 11: All the messages on my Yahoo mail are updated, but when I try to see any of them, the email content keeps gray and the "loading" icon keeps running and the email is not show on screen. See attached image....
  7. Yahoo mail is updated, but it does not show screen contents on WIndows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Yahoo mail is updated, but it does not show screen contents on WIndows 11: All the messages on my Yahoo mail are updated, but when I try to see any of them, the email content keeps gray and the "loading" icon keeps running and the email is not show on screen. See attached image....
  8. Some of my contacts are receiving e-mails from gabrielcagfoc.hotmail.com using my name as...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some of my contacts are receiving e-mails from gabrielcagfoc.hotmail.com using my name as...: Some of my contacts are receiving e-mails from gabrielcagfoc.hotmail.com and stating it's from me, Tony Bartolotti. The e-mail states its Pictures. Please check into this matter, so I can stop getting calls from my contacts wanting to know what's going on....
  9. Some of my contacts are receiving e-mails from gabrielcagfoc.hotmail.com using my name as...

Some of my contacts are receiving e-mails from gabrielcagfoc.hotmail.com using my name as...: Some of my contacts are receiving e-mails from gabrielcagfoc.hotmail.com and stating it's from me, Tony Bartolotti. The e-mail states its Pictures. Please check into this matter, so I can stop getting calls from my contacts wanting to know what's going on....
  10. Windows Mail fix?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Mail fix?: After a recent Windows Update my Windows Live Mail won't let me access my contacts list. I know others have had this problem too from reading feedback comments. If I unistall the update the list comes back but since it was part of a security update my computer keeps notifying...