Windows 10: Windows Mail

Discus and support Windows Mail in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Where at top of post does it say Vista Mail It said Windows Mail Waste of time to even talk to you. Who said " Vista Mail " ? You don't read the... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by davidvh2, Aug 3, 2015.

1. davidhk Win User

Windows Mail

Waste of time to even talk to you.
    Who said " Vista Mail " ?
    You don't read the posts and you don't have a clue what WINDOWS MAIL is.

davidhk, Dec 30, 2015

2. When I put windows Mail update in I did not want to start another thread so posted for anyone who is interested that a new update was available.

hTconeM9user, Dec 30, 2015
  3. Ex_Brit Win User
    Fair enough but a separate thread may have been a better idea.

Ex_Brit, Dec 30, 2015
  4. davidhk Win User

Windows Mail

In fact, the so-called "update" is irrelevant.
    Just another feeble attempt to shield own ignorance and mistakes.

davidhk, Dec 30, 2015
  5. endeavor Win User
    Yes sorry for any misunderstanding that you had hT, but they are right this thread is only talking about Windows Mail (which yes technically comes from Windows Vista) ..but it's quite clear from all the links given what we were talking about.
    Again sorry for any confusion on your part, but the built in Mail client of Windows 10 is certainly not the same and you should post in that thread or create a new one. Have a good holiday sir.

endeavor, Dec 30, 2015
  6. endeavor Win User
    Okay dacorsa, I found out there is nothing to fix *Smile

I had an hour to play while the wife went grocery shopping, and so I decided to test install Office 2016 while I had WinMail installed on Windows 10 x64.

After installing Office 2016 I can set both WinMail -or- Outlook 2016 as the default email client.
    screenshot: (click to open images up full, if necessary)

Windows Mail [​IMG]

As well while WinMail is set as Default, I can use SendTo: Mail Recipient, and it opens WinMail
    screenshot:

Windows Mail [​IMG]

While Outlook 2016 is set as Default - I can use SendTo: Mail Recipient, and it opens Outlook
    screenshot:

Windows Mail [​IMG]

..and so dacorsa it seems it's something wrong on your end, everything works Okay on mine, but you understand I can not create a work around for something that is not broken, sorry.

(fwiw, OT, imho, I can clearly see I do not like Office 2016, I actually prefer Office 2003, but if I had to, I won't go beyond Office 2010 - ymmv, and to each their own choice)

Instructions on how to reinstate WinMail on Windows 8 or 10

endeavor, Dec 30, 2015
  7. dacorsa Win User
    thanks for your work...i'm working hard to solve that too...i have found where is the string of error..:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\Mail]
    "PreFirstRun"="Non esiste un client di posta elettronica predefinito oppure il client di posta elettronica corrente non può soddisfare la richiesta di messaggistica. Eseguire Microsoft Outlook e impostarlo come client di posta elettronica predefinito.*Microsoft Office Outlook"
    @="Windows Mail"
    "LastUserInitiatedDefaultChange"=hex:7d,b0,60,35,34,44,d1,01

and also there:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Clients\Mail]
    "PreFirstRun"="Non esiste un client di posta elettronica predefinito oppure il client di posta elettronica corrente non può soddisfare la richiesta di messaggistica. Eseguire Microsoft Outlook e impostarlo come client di posta elettronica predefinito.*Microsoft Office Outlook"
    @="Windows Mail"
    "LastUserInitiatedDefaultChange"=hex:7d,b0,60,35,34,44,d1,01

but i don't know i get that error...

can u see in your computer the error in english? post the string i will search in internet

thanks

see u soon hope to solve

ugo

dacorsa, Dec 31, 2015
  8. endeavor Win User

Windows Mail

That "PreFirstRun" is just a static entry, iow, I have that same entry too and it's only implemented when needed, but mine is in English and yours is in Italian. You can see what it says here:
    Google+
    In English it simply says:
    There is no default mail client or the current mail client can not fulfill the messaging request . Run Microsoft Outlook and set it as the default e-mail client

However I do not have any "LastUserInitiatedDefaultChange" entries.
    But this is not! the way to solve the problem by you poking in your registry posting keys if you don't know what you are looking for.
    Rightfully you need to go back and forth and set each client Outllook, and then WinMail, and click each of them as the default email client - you did that right? ..and SendTo still does not work?

More importantly, did you try installing any Other brand of email clients beforehand???? <..answer question!
    As importantly if not more-so, when you first installed Windows 10 and re-instated WinMail, did you First and Only use the instructions on Post # 10 Here ??? <..answer question.

It seems to me you did not reinstate WinMail properly from the beginning - what else did you do?
    I do know one thing, if you start over and install Windows 10 and then re-instate WinMail as per Post 10 - then the SendTo will work!
    Is that your only problem that the SendTo does not work? Everything else with WinMail works fine?
    The SendTo function is very minor anyway, I mean you can manually attach an item within the message instead of using SendTo! I'm not sure you are fully understanding the translation of what I am saying though?

Unless you have Restore Points to go back to, or you have saved a backup Partition Image of your OS and you can restore it back to the beginning and start over, then it just may be if you want to fix it then you may have to start over from scratch with a fresh install, and re-instate WinMail - and SendTo Will work if you do it properly, and then proceeded from there.

My purpose is to serve WinMail installations only - not Outlook. You can get Outlook help in the correct forum. However having said that I have proven quite easily if you install WinMail and Outlook 2016 correctly then the SendTo will work properly for each client, as you saw in my screenshots where I used SendTo on a random file, and it opened the client I had set as default, and attached the file.

endeavor, Dec 31, 2015
  9. dacorsa Win User
    Dear endeavor,

good new year to you! thanks for your replay, i will answer Tomorrow!!

thanks for all

dacorsa, Jan 3, 2016
  10. dacorsa Win User
    Hi endeavor,

i have uninstalled office 2016 x86 and reinstalled office 2016 x64 on my win10 x64 and now all works!!!!!

here is a screenshot:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r5pjet6mo7...e0001.jpg?dl=0

i try to switch to another email client and now all works!!! also Outlook!

thanks to all!!!

see u soon

ugo

dacorsa, Jan 4, 2016
  11. endeavor Win User
    You uninstalled Office x86 and installed Office x64 ..and you have Win10 x64
    Okay then, that is what it should be.

Good job getting it working...

endeavor, Jan 4, 2016
  12. dacorsa Win User
    Thanks endeavor! you're a gentleman!!

you are a person that like help other!

see u soon

dacorsa, Jan 4, 2016
  13. aljbin Win User

Windows Mail

"WinMail" run absolutely stable under my Windows 10 64bit but have one problem (described in the first part of Post # 20)

The part of the: "Advanced tab" in: "Tools" -> "Options" is completely empty (see pictures)

Windows Mail [​IMG]

Windows Mail [​IMG]

I checked and compared the files from Windows 7 and 10 - Everything is the same except for this option.

I hope that some of the members to find a solution for this problem.

Greeting, *Wink

aljbin, Jan 26, 2016
  14. dacorsa Win User
    same problem here

dacorsa, Jan 26, 2016
  15. rgauchey Win User
    Me too......

rgauchey, Jan 26, 2016
Thema:

Windows Mail

1. Windows Mail - Similar Threads - Mail

2. Cannot get access to new e mail account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot get access to new e mail account: Hello help please …I recently opened a new outlook e mail account. I stupidly changed the password and tried to open it from a trip in Vietnam and now the account has been locked. I have tried the recovery process and answered all the questions as best that I can but still no...
  3. Cannot get access to new e mail account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot get access to new e mail account: Hello help please …I recently opened a new outlook e mail account. I stupidly changed the password and tried to open it from a trip in Vietnam and now the account has been locked. I have tried the recovery process and answered all the questions as best that I can but still no...
  4. Cannot get access to new e mail account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. add aol account to mail. i keep getting the settings are out of date.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    add aol account to mail. i keep getting the settings are out of date.: How do I set up an AOL account to Mail in Windows 10. I keep getting "the settings are out of date" when I try to set it up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-aol-account-to-mail-i-keep-getting-the/f7d0d67f-0c4a-4d4d-b2fd-4675b350b7a7
  6. add aol account to mail. i keep getting the settings are out of date.

add aol account to mail. i keep getting the settings are out of date.: How do I set up an AOL account to Mail in Windows 10. I keep getting "the settings are out of date" when I try to set it up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-aol-account-to-mail-i-keep-getting-the/f7d0d67f-0c4a-4d4d-b2fd-4675b350b7a7
  7. add aol account to mail. i keep getting the settings are out of date.

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. How to mail reconfigure in outlook and not showing old mail how to resolve problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to mail reconfigure in outlook and not showing old mail how to resolve problems: Mail reconfigure outlook and received mail and not showing old mail how to resolve problems https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-mail-reconfigure-in-outlook-and-not-showing/b511a897-cb8f-456a-a096-110279ee22a8
  9. How to mail reconfigure in outlook and not showing old mail how to resolve problems

How to mail reconfigure in outlook and not showing old mail how to resolve problems: Mail reconfigure outlook and received mail and not showing old mail how to resolve problems https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-mail-reconfigure-in-outlook-and-not-showing/b511a897-cb8f-456a-a096-110279ee22a8
  10. How to mail reconfigure in outlook and not showing old mail how to resolve problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade