Windows 10: Windows Mail

Discus and support Windows Mail in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I'd try replacing all the files in the WM folder but I've not had this particular problem. However the outcome will certainly be of interest. Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by davidvh2, Aug 3, 2015.

1. davidvh2 Win User

Windows Mail

I'd try replacing all the files in the WM folder but I've not had this particular problem. However the outcome will certainly be of interest.

davidvh2, Jan 26, 2016
  2. endeavor Win User

@ davidvh2 that is not the answer.

@ rgauchey, dacorsa, aljbin - the answer is there is no fix for it! .. It also depends on what OS & what x86/x64 bit you use that will mimic what anomalies you will see.

That issue has been discussed and explained many times in various WinMail posts in all three of the forums, but most importantly it's clearly stated in the WinMail BugList. This issue among others is one of the unfortunate down-sides of running WinMail on other versions of Windows that it was not designed for. Click the big blue WinMail Bug List link that's in the middle of my post here that will familiarize you with what WinMail dysfunctions you will have by using WinMail out of its native environment, which is Vista. ..or for your convenience just go here WinMail Bug List

fwiw, I may never create a tutorial on this TenForums forum for WinMail, for the simple reason WM is not supported anymore. fwiw though, even years back on the original WinMail on the Seven Forums webpage where we first tended to all WinMail issues, forum management had once decided after a while to delete/remove the entire tutorial thread because WinMail was not supported ... but then a year later it was reinstated again for their reasons. Anyway to keep it simple since the procedure to reinstate WinMail on Win8/10 is much different than Win7 and where those that have problems on Win7 should post their issues there, and here on TenForums to keep it simple for all Win8/10 users should post their issues in one place for WinMail which is at the end of this thread @ WinMail on Eight Forums Here and is what I monitor mostly; but of course WinMail is still not supported there either but it's just to keep it all on one place if possible is all

Thank you!
    ...and have a wonderful and healthy new year!

endeavor, Jan 26, 2016
  3. dacorsa Win User
    hi guys!

after last update of win10 of 12/07/2016 my Windows mail doesn't start anymore , tells me that doesn't find database, also if i create a new database i have an error numer 0x8010000A

how can i do??

thanks

dacorsa, Jul 13, 2016
  4. rgauchey Win User

Windows Mail

After every extensive update I have to reinstall windows. In your program files make a folder 'windows mail.ref' You can use it to restore your files.

rgauchey, Jul 13, 2016
  5. endeavor Win User
    The answer is the same as have been given to you on the Windows 8 forum where you posted this duplicate question.
    There is no need to create a new database or do anything other than replace the Windows Mail folder with your saved working one.

All of this is explained in full detail on the EightForums WinMail For Windows 8/10 - Thread Here
    ..where all WinMail related questions are answered.

Thank you,

endeavor, Jul 13, 2016
  6. dacorsa Win User
    Thanks endeavor,

now works is all ok! i have change to default all Windows mail files.

See you soon

dacorsa, Jul 14, 2016
  7. endeavor Win User
    Your welcome, and have a great day!

endeavor, Jul 14, 2016
  8. Windows Mail

Tjis is needed for the mailto function

gerhardenninga, Sep 29, 2016
  9. endeavor Win User
    gerhardenninga,
    What does Tjis mean?

Are you having mailto operational problems for WinMail?
    Please explain in detail.

What method did you use to setup your WinMail client on Windows 10?

Could you post your questions over on the WinMail Window 8 forum mentioned in my above post, that we use for all WinMail problems on Windows 8/10

endeavor, Sep 30, 2016
  10. I used the resi method for Windows Mail and had to copy msidcrl30.dll to c:/windows/system32 Folder. This made the mailto function running. // Gerhard

gerhardenninga, Oct 1, 2016
  11. endeavor Win User
    The resi post that you speak of from Post 11 in this thread, which at the bottom of his post states is solved by giving a link to the information in my Post #10 in the WinMail thread over at the Eight Forums, as well as the WinMailEdit.reg.zip from post 8 is also copied from post #10 there.

Anyway I believe your last post is saying your mailto function is working good now and so that what's important, and so good job Gerhard.

My point is to say if you want to setup WinMail why not just go to where the full instructions and files to do it are given in complete detail already, at the WinMail For Windows 8/10 Thread Here

...have a great day!

endeavor, Oct 1, 2016
  12. Ex_Brit Win User
    @endeavor - a question. Have you ever known Windows 10 to revert folders back to previous versions by itself? The reason I ask is that every time update Tuesday comes along, VWM in 10 is broken and I have to exchange the WM folders once again plus the dll for good measure. Or are those darned "cumulative" updates that seem to arrive with regularity responsible for breaking it and it's just bad luck?

I would have expected that behaviour for the Anniversary Update but not every every darn Update Tuesday.

Ex_Brit, Oct 4, 2016
  13. Windows Mail

@ Ex_Brit

in my experience you have to renew Windows Mail every time the build # changes

Gerhard

gerhardenninga, Oct 4, 2016
  14. endeavor Win User
    Only when major updates are done, but it's only the one folder - the WM programs folder, and that takes literally one second to click Take Ownership, delete, and two seconds more to copy my working one in its place.

However I personally don't experience it the way you do though, and so it does not happen to me as often.
    YMMV, but for me I do not like having WU being automatically force fed to me, unlike previous versions of Windows where I would choose when I wanted to do it, and what it gave me! ...and so with Win10 WU current delivery practices - in response for the time being, I have WU turned off completely, and so I only take updates when I choose to do it; iow, I only do a WU once every month or two depending. I don't recommend this for anyone else though is my disclaimer; my Win10 usage is specific.

endeavor, Oct 5, 2016
  15. Ex_Brit Win User
    Thanks and yes I agree WU is a pain in the you-know-what.

Ex_Brit, Oct 5, 2016
Thema:

Windows Mail

1. Windows Mail - Similar Threads - Mail

2. add aol account to mail. i keep getting the settings are out of date.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    add aol account to mail. i keep getting the settings are out of date.: How do I set up an AOL account to Mail in Windows 10. I keep getting "the settings are out of date" when I try to set it up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-aol-account-to-mail-i-keep-getting-the/f7d0d67f-0c4a-4d4d-b2fd-4675b350b7a7
  3. add aol account to mail. i keep getting the settings are out of date.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    add aol account to mail. i keep getting the settings are out of date.: How do I set up an AOL account to Mail in Windows 10. I keep getting "the settings are out of date" when I try to set it up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-aol-account-to-mail-i-keep-getting-the/f7d0d67f-0c4a-4d4d-b2fd-4675b350b7a7
  4. add aol account to mail. i keep getting the settings are out of date.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How to mail reconfigure in outlook and not showing old mail how to resolve problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to mail reconfigure in outlook and not showing old mail how to resolve problems: Mail reconfigure outlook and received mail and not showing old mail how to resolve problems https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-mail-reconfigure-in-outlook-and-not-showing/b511a897-cb8f-456a-a096-110279ee22a8
  6. How to mail reconfigure in outlook and not showing old mail how to resolve problems

How to mail reconfigure in outlook and not showing old mail how to resolve problems: Mail reconfigure outlook and received mail and not showing old mail how to resolve problems https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-mail-reconfigure-in-outlook-and-not-showing/b511a897-cb8f-456a-a096-110279ee22a8
  7. How to mail reconfigure in outlook and not showing old mail how to resolve problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Windows Mail keeps logging me out and its frustrating me!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Mail keeps logging me out and its frustrating me!: Ever since recently A few days to a week or so, Windows mail seems to always log me out. Its stressing me. It worked fine before this.I use the newest version.https://gyazo.com/0b8eae0cc1473acd85622339a92403d4Sometimes I stay a seconth logged in, sometimes a little bit...
  9. Windows Mail keeps logging me out and its frustrating me!

Windows Mail keeps logging me out and its frustrating me!: Ever since recently A few days to a week or so, Windows mail seems to always log me out. Its stressing me. It worked fine before this.I use the newest version.https://gyazo.com/0b8eae0cc1473acd85622339a92403d4Sometimes I stay a seconth logged in, sometimes a little bit...
  10. Can't login to my yahoo mail account from my pc using edge, chrome, firefox or windows10...

Can't login to my yahoo mail account from my pc using edge, chrome, firefox or windows10...: Past few months I can't login to my yahoo mail account from my pc using edge, chrome, firefox or windows10 Yahoo app? It timesout and does let me enter my password. Or it tells me I've failed to access my account too many times and I need to wait an hour even thoughIhavenot...