Windows 10: Windows Mail

Discus and support Windows Mail in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; since build # 14936 I cannot setup winmail in x86 versions by the "endeavor method" http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-...html#post91690. The x64... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by davidvh2, Aug 3, 2015.

1. Windows Mail

since build # 14936 I cannot setup winmail in x86 versions by the "endeavor method" http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-...html#post91690. The x64 Versions are running fine. Does anyone have similar experience? Is there a solution.

Gerhard

gerhardenninga, Oct 8, 2016
  2. Newkydawg Win User

Windows updated today and Winmail wouldn't work. Replaced all files, etc. like before but still failed. Went to Windows Update, uninstalled the update and all is good.

Newkydawg, Oct 10, 2016
  3. endeavor Win User
    @ Gerhard
    14936 is a beta preview version, and I now only install/monitor RTM or Retail releases.
    I'm sure in WinMail's case and your 14936 Preview that there is no difference though.
    Just be certain you are not mixing up your x86/x64 Programs Folder or its files within - it's very easy to do. Many people mix them up in one way or the other and is their problem.

@ Newkydawg - Even though you don't give us any important details, it's still going to be the same answer.
    All currently known resolves are posted in the link below, follow the details carefully, everything is worded specifically, so don't miss a thing.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Also note I don't really monitor this Win10 thread and as mentioned so many times here that Win8/10 WinMail users should post at the end of conversation over in the:
    WinMail For Windows 8/10 - Thread Here
    Many more people that use WinMail on Win8/10 monitor that thread.

Anyway, on this particular Win10 Pro (x86) tower today just now checking/downloading/installing All of the latest Windows Updates for Retail or RTM versions available given, and taking All of them as of today ... yes it broke WinMail but by simply just replacing the WM programs folder with the working one - WM is working fine, as always!
    Screenshot of Windows AboutBox latest 14393.321 versioning, along with a working WinMail installation:
    (click image to open full if necessary)

Windows Mail [​IMG]

endeavor, Oct 11, 2016
  4. Windows Mail

build 14393 and the next until #1493o worked fine. The Problem started ca. 14 days ago with x86 14936 (Pro and Enter): The x64 Versions make no problems. I did not mixing up the different copies.

gerhardenninga, Oct 11, 2016
  5. Newkydawg Win User
    @endeavor
    Here are the details: Running Windows 10 Home, Ver. 1607 (14393.187) not sure what is was after the update but I uninstalled the KB3194496 Cumulative Update and Windows Mail started working again.
    Thanks for everything you've done to keep WinMail running!

Newkydawg, Oct 11, 2016
  6. endeavor Win User
    I would prefer all questions and replies be made at our sister EightForums for WinMail thread please.

Dear Gerhard, (..and Newkydawg)

I've been working with this for a long time and I've installed WinMail a thousand times on every version of Windows. I will respectfully say that you have missed some details is all, and it will be simple when you figure it out.
    All the information in great testing detail is given in the tutorial I made.
    Everything is listed and said the way it is and in order for a reason.
    If you understand and follow it exactly it will work.
    ~It's for Advanced users who automatically have the ability to understand all computer nuisances.

When I got home from work today, just for you, I quickly fresh installed your OS build 14396 onto a spare partition, booted her up, and within minutes had WinMail up and running (Win10 x86) ...it works just fine, and so there is nothing wrong with build 14396 when it comes to WinMail...

Here's the screenshot, click to open full:

Windows Mail [​IMG]

endeavor, Oct 11, 2016
  7. Thank you a lot for your help. I see build 14936 working in your screenshot.
    Unfortunenately my different Macs (Retina) with Parallels Desktop make ongoing probs with the x86 Vers. I will try again and keep you update when I solved it.

gerhardenninga, Oct 11, 2016
  8. endeavor Win User

Windows Mail

You should of mentioned in your first post that you're running Windows 10 on a Mac setup.. anyway unfortunately I have no experience with Mac running Windows to help you, and so again you can go over to the EightForums and post at the end of that thread and ask there in case you have someone else that is running what you are.
    Please do let us know what you find, but double check yourself again and make sure on your x86 OS that you have all x86 version files in your WinMail folder and the folder address is correct - 95 out of 100 times those are the problems.

You did get all your files off of the WinMail tutorial post from Here ..right?

To verify this screenshot below shows the right folder address location (it's the same for both x86/x64)
    Since the x86/x64 files date/sizes are different, this screenshot is also showing just x86 for you so that you can check yours in comparison to make sure they are correct.
    (fwiw, you can not go by file version numbering for WM x86/x64 files to check because in this case they are the same)

Windows Mail [​IMG]

Note: ...If people have brought forward and used their own working files there can be slightly varying dates on these files depending (I won't go into the reasoning here but has to do with Windows Update Timing back in 2009/2010) but one thing is for sure if you are having problems and question it, then if you get your files off the tutorial - those definitely are working files!

endeavor, Oct 12, 2016
  9. Clayton29 Win User
    May we use your method to move the Windows Mail (WM) program directly from Win Vista to Win 10?
    Both wife and I love the WM program, but not the Win 10 'version'.
    I saw a step by step listing to move the WM program from Win 7 to Win 10 (but couldn't find it today).
    Sure would be nice to have a similar set of steps for the move from Vista to 10.
    My PC experience started with MS Basic on a Timex-Sinclair, then MS DOS 3.0 on Ian BM at work. But never really followed through so need help from you younger guys and gals.

Clayton29, Oct 23, 2016
  10. endeavor Win User
    Clayton, yes you can use your own files, as well realize the files from the tutorial attachments are the exact same thing already coming from Windows Vista - it's all the same.

The tutorial instructions how to do it in every detail are posted Here

Please for your own sake, just be sure you understand the limitations of using the old Vista WinMail client out of it's native environment inside of Windows7/8/10 by reading through the disclaimer, and the Bug List that's linked on the page there, and then decide if you want to do it and if it's right for you.
    Feel free to post your questions over there too.

endeavor, Oct 24, 2016
  11. Ex_Brit Win User
    @endeavor - has this been found to work in W10 Enterprise also by any chance? I have a spare license for it kicking around and was thinking of giving it a whirl.

Ex_Brit, Jan 21, 2017
  12. endeavor Win User
    WinMail works on all version of Windows 10 - it makes no difference when comes to that.

endeavor, Jan 22, 2017
  13. Ex_Brit Win User

Windows Mail

Just verifying, it certainly does work fine on W10E - thanks ;-)

Ex_Brit, Jan 25, 2017
  14. Ex_Brit Win User
    Just had to do the folder replacement routine again. The latest update must have scotched the old one. I now have 3 Windows 10's, 2 Pro and 1 Enterprise and have to keep them all happy...LOL
    Aeroglass broke though, or at least gives errors at startup but then works....but that's a subject for MSFN not here.
    The way MS are doing updates now is strange, to me at least. It's almost like they're getting us used to to a permanent, subscription-type of routine.
    I'm beginning to wonder if we'll actually be able to buy just one OS in the future....it'll all be a by downloads and a subscription to keep that going.
    Not sure I like that thought.

Ex_Brit, Mar 16, 2017
  15. endeavor Win User
    That's just one small of many other reasons why I don't bother with taking any updates at all until the next major build, that I will fresh install, or sometimes just update to it. Right now I'm more than happy with staying with original b14393 - it's my computer, and I will update it when I choose!

I would never buy a subscription for an OS or Office, no way.
    I'll just stay with the last retail OS or Office version released.

endeavor, Mar 17, 2017
Thema:

Windows Mail

1. Windows Mail - Similar Threads - Mail

2. Cannot get access to new e mail account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot get access to new e mail account: Hello help please …I recently opened a new outlook e mail account. I stupidly changed the password and tried to open it from a trip in Vietnam and now the account has been locked. I have tried the recovery process and answered all the questions as best that I can but still no...
  3. Cannot get access to new e mail account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot get access to new e mail account: Hello help please …I recently opened a new outlook e mail account. I stupidly changed the password and tried to open it from a trip in Vietnam and now the account has been locked. I have tried the recovery process and answered all the questions as best that I can but still no...
  4. Cannot get access to new e mail account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. add aol account to mail. i keep getting the settings are out of date.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    add aol account to mail. i keep getting the settings are out of date.: How do I set up an AOL account to Mail in Windows 10. I keep getting "the settings are out of date" when I try to set it up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-aol-account-to-mail-i-keep-getting-the/f7d0d67f-0c4a-4d4d-b2fd-4675b350b7a7
  6. add aol account to mail. i keep getting the settings are out of date.

add aol account to mail. i keep getting the settings are out of date.: How do I set up an AOL account to Mail in Windows 10. I keep getting "the settings are out of date" when I try to set it up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-aol-account-to-mail-i-keep-getting-the/f7d0d67f-0c4a-4d4d-b2fd-4675b350b7a7
  7. add aol account to mail. i keep getting the settings are out of date.

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. How to mail reconfigure in outlook and not showing old mail how to resolve problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to mail reconfigure in outlook and not showing old mail how to resolve problems: Mail reconfigure outlook and received mail and not showing old mail how to resolve problems https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-mail-reconfigure-in-outlook-and-not-showing/b511a897-cb8f-456a-a096-110279ee22a8
  9. How to mail reconfigure in outlook and not showing old mail how to resolve problems

How to mail reconfigure in outlook and not showing old mail how to resolve problems: Mail reconfigure outlook and received mail and not showing old mail how to resolve problems https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-mail-reconfigure-in-outlook-and-not-showing/b511a897-cb8f-456a-a096-110279ee22a8
  10. How to mail reconfigure in outlook and not showing old mail how to resolve problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade