Windows 10: Windows major updates downloads

Discus and support Windows major updates downloads in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello everyone,I'm facing an issue that I have some difficulties to solve. I've been searching around but can't see any answer.So here is the context :... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JeanFR76, Dec 14, 2021.

1. JeanFR76 Win User

Windows major updates downloads

Hello everyone,I'm facing an issue that I have some difficulties to solve. I've been searching around but can't see any answer.So here is the context : I'm part of a company that has a normal network with a WSUS server and so on, but also a different network, not managed by IS, with no Internet access but where I need to update the systems.I can quite easily download KBs using the update catalog and transfer these to the protected network using a secured way, but I struggle on downloading the major updates.I've managed to find a way for W10 21h2 telling the browser I wasn't an a windows equip

:)

JeanFR76, Dec 14, 2021
  2. m4gicfour Win User

Windows 10 forced download

^This, then reboot and go to manually update windows. Find KB3035583 in the list of available updates, right-click and "Hide this update" so it doesn't get installed again next go around.

m4gicfour, Dec 14, 2021
  3. Windows 10 forced download

To stop the download, uninstall the KB3035583 update (under "Control Panel > Windows Update > Installed Updates").

To get rid of the C:\$Windows.~BT folder:
    • Right-click on your C: drive.
    • Select "Properties".
    • Click on [ Disk Cleanup ]
    • After the initial scan: If you have a [ Clean up system files ] button, click it and wait for the second scan to finish.
    • Scroll down the list and look for "Temporary Windows installation files" (its size should be in the gigabytes range); check the box.
    • Click on [ OK ] to start the clean-up.

Static~Charge, Dec 14, 2021
  4. NdMk2o1o Win User

Who's downloaded the Windows 8.1 preview update?

For some reason the installer says the update is not applicable to your computer? (Win 8 Pro x64) anyone else try this what was released today?

Windows help & learning - Microsoft Support

EDIT: It appears the error is because the download is named Windows8-RT-KB2849636-x64 so looks like it's only for ARM based RT Windows 8 versions even though there's nothing suggesting that on the actual download page, so where's the x86 8.1 update people?

NdMk2o1o, Dec 14, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows major updates downloads - Similar Threads - major updates downloads

2. Windows major updates downloads

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows major updates downloads: Hello everyone,I'm facing an issue that I have some difficulties to solve. I've been searching around but can't see any answer.So here is the context : I'm part of a company that has a normal network with a WSUS server and so on, but also a different network, not managed by...
  3. Windows major updates downloads

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows major updates downloads: Hello everyone,I'm facing an issue that I have some difficulties to solve. I've been searching around but can't see any answer.So here is the context : I'm part of a company that has a normal network with a WSUS server and so on, but also a different network, not managed by...
  4. Major Windows Updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Major Windows Updates: My PC uses Windows 10/1903, AV = Avast, Firewall = ZoneAlarm Lengthy updates - Cumulative and Feature etc. which take a very long time to complete. Is it safer to turn off the AV and Firewall before installing the update ? Or is it OK to leave them on. ZoneAlarm is very...
  5. Major Windows Updates

in Windows 10 Support
    Major Windows Updates: My PC uses Windows 10/1903, AV = Avast, Firewall = ZoneAlarm Lengthy updates - Cumulative and Feature etc. which take a very long time to complete. Is it safer to turn off the AV and Firewall before installing the update ? Or is it OK to leave them on. 142322
  6. Windows Update - Major Problem!

Windows Update - Major Problem!: Hi, I've been getting messages in Windows 10 for a couple of months to complete an update before November or I will fall out of support. I have attempted A few times without success and decided to try again today. I triggered to update, at around 24% the machine restarted...
  7. Windows Update major issues

Windows Update major issues: Hi, I made the mistake of installing the latest major Windows update and it caused major issues with my computer. After restarting my machine for the first time after the update, certain apps refused to work ( such as: Discord, Minecraft, Windows Store) as well as certain...
  8. Major update

in Cortana
    Major update: Has Microsoft deserted cortana https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/major-update/1adf607f-5c1f-4834-bcad-7f6986a25bd8"
  9. Major Windows Update Problems

Major Windows Update Problems: For the last 3 builds I have had major windows update issues. I have the same problem on 2 Win10 machines. Its not my network because all my Windows 8.1 machines update just fine. I have done multiple clean installs. When I do a clean install windows update will run one time...
  10. Major Update Problems

Major Update Problems: The last major update (early December) downloaded and installed without errors or problems. Upon starting the PC the following day, I found extra icons on my desktop, start menu with extra icons, and many apps that I had previous remove reinstalled. But worst of all, all my...