Windows 10: Windows making stuttering sounds when at random SSD (C:) gets used 100%

Discus and support Windows making stuttering sounds when at random SSD (C:) gets used 100% in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, it appears that at random my ssd (where windows is installed on) gets 100% usage for a few seconds (svhost or system seems to make that usage... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by papajo_r, Dec 17, 2019.

1. papajo_r Win User

Windows making stuttering sounds when at random SSD (C:) gets used 100%

Hello, it appears that at random my ssd (where windows is installed on) gets 100% usage for a few seconds (svhost or system seems to make that usage after consulting with resource manager)

During that windows make split second stuttering sounds (e.g if I listen to music play a game watching youtube or a movie) nothing hangs up everything works "fine" is just that during those seconds when the ssd is working at 100% the pc (and sound) stutters and goes to normal with intervals of a few seconds.

Then when SSD stops being 100% everything is right again?

What could it be? I mean how could I stop this random bursts of my hard drive?

:)

papajo_r, Dec 17, 2019
  2. Kaynar Win User

[SOLVED] General "stuttering" not GPU related

I had similar stuttering including on desktop a long time ago on a X58 i7 930 and HD5870 that randomly and rarely appeared. I never found what the issue really was, but as I changed hard drive to an SSD and installed fresh windows, the issue went away.

Before doing anything i suggest trying to determine if a peripheral on ur PC is causing this issue (due to drivers?) and trying a different GPU driver version performing a clean install for it.

Your next step would be to remove your SSD, make a partition on your 750GB HDD and install a fresh version of windows so you can determine that its either the SSD or a random windows/driver conflict.

Kaynar, Dec 17, 2019
  3. HDD Read Write Stutter with click sound. Usage goes to 100% every stutter?

System:

• Processor : Intel® Core™ i5-4460 Processor (6M Cache, up to 3.40 GHz)
    • Motherboard : Gigabyte GA-B85M-HD3
    • Operating System : Windows 10 Pro
    • Harddisk: Seagate ST1000DM010-2EP102 1 TB 7200RPM

I HAVE REPLACED MY HDD WARRANTY 4 TIMES that the seller is thinking I am trying to intentionally break it.
    My HDD sometimes produced "clicking" sound. Every time the sound comes up, this is what happened:

1. Every program (music player) or games (while loading) stopped.
    2. The HDD Stopped Spinning and immediately start spinning again.
    3. In Task Manager, HDD Usage went full 100% with write and read at 0 Kb/s.
    4. It takes almost always the same amount of time every click to be responsive again.
    5. Sometimes fixed by hot unplugging the power cable and replugging it to HDD

THIS HDD IS 3 DAYS OLD. I have just exchanged it for warranty 3 days ago and this symptoms is always happening to all every HDD I exchanged. When this happen, it keep stuttering and clicking until about an hour. This only happen on heavy load (game updating, software downloading).
    Things I have tried:

1. I have tried this suggestion: Disk usage goes to 100%
    2. Ran HD Tune Pro Trial to check for error block and 100% safe
    3. CrystalDiskMark reads OK for every aspect. Power on hours is only 70 Hours.
    4. Bought and put up Stabilizer and UPS Before putting this HDD
    5. Install and update Motherboard's driver

I have ran out of clues. What should I do?

Wiryandi P., Dec 17, 2019
  4. Windows making stuttering sounds when at random SSD (C:) gets used 100%

High end build, stuttering in every game

Hello, this is my build:

• i5-6600k
    • ASUS MAXIMUS RANGER VIII
    • MSI GTX 1060 6G
    • Samsung SSD 850 evo 250gb
    • WD Caviar Blue 1TB
    • G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 DDR4 (XMP profile)
    • Dual monitor: Zowie XL2411 144hz + BenQ GW2260 60Hz
    I get stuttering in the following titles:

• Rocket League: every time a new player join a match the game freeze, also when V-Sync is on I get random lag from 144 to 130 and then the game continue to run smoothly.
    • GTA V: random stuttering Online and fps drops, V-Sync on.
    • PUBG: random stuttering, V-Sync off.
    • Rust: stuttering when loading chunks with fps drops.
    • Ark: as Rust.
    • Total War Warhammer: random stuttering in the strategic map, V-Sync on.
    What I've done till now:

• Tried every graphic settings.
    • All kind of Windows 10 optimizations like Performance mode, Xbox game mode off, disabled unnecessary services and tasks, no antivirus (Windows Defender on only).
    • Hard drive defragmentation.
    • Nvidia control panel optimizations for every game like Thread optimization, tried several v-sync modes, etc.
    • All drivers are updated.
    • No pending Windows updates.
    • Temps are fine, GPU and CPU never go above 65C.
    • Shadowplay overlay off.
    • Playing with one monitor at once.
    • Moved games from HDD to SSD.
    • Tried different version of GPU drivers.
    • Disabled the page on the HDD and fixed its size on the SSD with the reccommended value.
    • Memtest for both RAM stick at once (8 pass each no errors).
    What I've not tried yet is to reinstall the OS... benchmarks and performance in game are ok and in line with every other user... do you have any suggestions? Could it be network related? How can I analyze the stuttering?

PS: I'm testing with Latencymon and doing some screenshot of gpu and cpu usage

djanthony93, Dec 17, 2019
Thema:

Windows making stuttering sounds when at random SSD (C:) gets used 100%

1. Windows making stuttering sounds when at random SSD (C:) gets used 100% - Similar Threads - making stuttering sounds

2. C DRIVE SSD maxing out to 100% when idle.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C DRIVE SSD maxing out to 100% when idle.: Hello,I noticed something with my computer, my C drive was maxing out on 100% reading, not writing while it was idle, and when I moved my mouse around the percentage just dropped back down to 0%. I'm really confused about this, I've never seen this Drive ever go past 80%, let...
  3. SSD spiking to 100% when using specific programs or at random and system freezing shortly...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD spiking to 100% when using specific programs or at random and system freezing shortly...: The SSD on my pc spikes to 100% when using specific programs or sometimes at random. Task manager doesn't show anything using the SSD and if i click or try to do anything the system freezes entirely.Here are the programs so far that i use that "trigger" this: Malwarebytes...
  4. SSD spiking to 100% when using specific programs or at random and system freezing shortly...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SSD spiking to 100% when using specific programs or at random and system freezing shortly...: The SSD on my pc spikes to 100% when using specific programs or sometimes at random. Task manager doesn't show anything using the SSD and if i click or try to do anything the system freezes entirely.Here are the programs so far that i use that "trigger" this: Malwarebytes...
  5. The screen and sound stutter randomly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The screen and sound stutter randomly.: Since yesterday my screen and sound have stuttered randomly. Since then, I have been trying to find out what has been causing the problems, but have not yet been able to do so. I thought it might be important to ask for help here as I think it might have something to do with...
  6. The screen and sound stutter randomly.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The screen and sound stutter randomly.: Since yesterday my screen and sound have stuttered randomly. Since then, I have been trying to find out what has been causing the problems, but have not yet been able to do so. I thought it might be important to ask for help here as I think it might have something to do with...
  7. The screen and sound stutter randomly.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Should an SSD make a sound?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Should an SSD make a sound?: So, doing my disk checking for errors, I have noticed when I check an SSD it makes a low volume, high pitched noise (a bit like in the movies when computer text is being typed on-screen ). I use a 240GB PNY, 240GB Kingston, A really old OCZ Agility3 120GB, and Vertex2 240GB....
  9. Screen and sound randomly stutter.

Screen and sound randomly stutter.: Since the 9th of October my screen and sound have randomly stuttered. Since then I've been trying to figure out what's been causing the problems but I've been unable to do so yet. I thought it might be important to ask for help here since I think it might have something to do...
  10. Random sound stuttering and lags.(LatencyMoon)

Random sound stuttering and lags.(LatencyMoon): Hello, i have the problem that my pc starts randomly getting sound stuttering and lags,thats happen always after some minutes or hours.My System is new and i did many gpu cpu,HDD and other checks,everything is fine.My driver are on point but i dont know what to do.I did...