Windows 10: Windows Malfunction after automated disk repair

Discus and support Windows Malfunction after automated disk repair in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello there! I was simply browsing in chrome one day and I suddenly got a message indicating that the system was experiencing disk errors, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Luke Tyl, Apr 7, 2019.

1. Luke Tyl Win User

Windows Malfunction after automated disk repair

Hello there!

I was simply browsing in chrome one day and I suddenly got a message indicating that the system was experiencing disk errors, I proceeded to shut down and windows ran an automated disk repair tool which at the time seemed to do the trick! I've recently noticed however I am completely unable to open base windows apps such as outlook or "settings"... I can't even add or remove programs! I attempted to do a windows 10 repair upgrade but it unfortunately failed! (I had my Eset nod64 (Anti virus) completely disabled... Although I'm currently unable to uninstall it!)

I'm at a bit of an impasse at this point: I'm tempted to employ the help of a technical professional but I thought I'd post here and see if anyone was willing to help before hand!

I'm running Windows 10 64 bit, wins version 1809 OS build 17763.376

:)

Luke Tyl, Apr 7, 2019
  2. Steve C Win User

Windows 10 Advanced Options Menu to Repair

I would try the following steps in order:

1. Remove the laptop main battery for a few minutes - may reset something
    2. Load BIOS defaults
    3. Install Macrium Reflect Free on another PC, create a Reflect USB repair disk then use that disk to repair your laptop
    4. Recover from backup if you have one
    5. Perform a Windows 10 repair install - see instructions on this forum

Steve C, Apr 7, 2019
  3. Kari Win User
    Create media for automated unattended install of Windows 10  

Yes, skip Step Three entirely and you have normal option to partition disks and select on which disk Windows will be installed. Do Step Four, though, to automate OOBE.

Kari, Apr 7, 2019
  4. Windows Malfunction after automated disk repair

What should I have as backup-a RECOVERY disk or a REPAIR disk? Are these the same or different?

Got the free upgrade to Windows 10 and I need to start making some kind of a Repair/Recovery disk.

Are these the same thing? Are they different?

Can someone list the steps needed to make this/ these disk (s)?

Thank you.

Barbara

BarbaraLarnce, Apr 7, 2019
Thema:

Windows Malfunction after automated disk repair

1. Windows Malfunction after automated disk repair - Similar Threads - Malfunction automated disk

2. Preparing Automating Repair Loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Preparing Automating Repair Loop: I need help!My Asus laptop has been stuck in the "Preparing Automatic Repair" loop for quite a long time, and I believe I've tried everything, but nothing seems to work.When I boot up my computer pressing the power button my computer shows me the Asus logo underneath reads...
  3. Preparing Automating Repair Loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Preparing Automating Repair Loop: I need help!My Asus laptop has been stuck in the "Preparing Automatic Repair" loop for quite a long time, and I believe I've tried everything, but nothing seems to work.When I boot up my computer pressing the power button my computer shows me the Asus logo underneath reads...
  4. Preparing Automating Repair Loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows updates caused my PC to malfunction, slower after repair.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows updates caused my PC to malfunction, slower after repair.: After windows updates my screen started periodically going black and I lost sound. I restarted after 2-3 minutes and it said "repairing" when rebooting.My PC is functional now but slower and makes a buzzing noise, which was rare before. I have tried disk cleanups which seem...
  6. Windows updates caused my PC to malfunction, slower after repair.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows updates caused my PC to malfunction, slower after repair.: After windows updates my screen started periodically going black and I lost sound. I restarted after 2-3 minutes and it said "repairing" when rebooting.My PC is functional now but slower and makes a buzzing noise, which was rare before. I have tried disk cleanups which seem...
  7. windows 10 boots and got automical repair

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 boots and got automical repair: windows 10 boots and got automical repair then i got no options and reinstall system by options after "Computer wasnt loaded properly" so i waited till its done and still got that automical repairmy specs are i5 24**k nvidia geforce gt1030 2gb 8 gb ram500gb hdd...
  8. Can’t Automic Repair

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can’t Automic Repair: [IMG]Hi there My name is Johny Duo and yesterday when i startup my PC but i cant get in my PC, i stuck at bluescreen. After that i reset my PC then it said Repairing Auto Repair. After that screen my computer siad cant repair, i only know cant because i lost logfile:...
  9. Automate Disk CleanUp

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Automate Disk CleanUp: How do I use Task Schedular to run Disk CleanUp daily? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automate-disk-cleanup/bfa9d3c2-fc3a-426d-a05c-4628dda1a434"
  10. Automated Install Disk Configuration

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Automated Install Disk Configuration: Hello, I've been banging my head against the wall for a couple days and hoping for a little help. I'm trying to build a Windows 10 Pro Image. I've built a USB key with 2 partitions, 1 for booting and one for the images. The image is on the second partition that I'd like...