Windows 10: Windows Malicious Removal Tool and/or Microsoft Safety Scanner

Discus and support Windows Malicious Removal Tool and/or Microsoft Safety Scanner in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Dear Forum Support, First, I should let you know I am old and not computer savvy and all stressed when I have a problem or question with my computer.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by anthonywood, Aug 19, 2019.

1. Windows Malicious Removal Tool and/or Microsoft Safety Scanner

Dear Forum Support,

First, I should let you know I am old and not computer savvy and all stressed when I have a problem or question with my computer.

I have just bought a new All in One Windows 10 and I am using AVG Ultimate as my security.

On my previous computer (Windows 7) I regularly scanned with Malicious Software Removal Tool.

Should I install it on my new computer? When looking online it suggested Microsoft Safety Scanner.

So this old confused man would be so grateful for your advice.

Which...either/both should I instal and are they going to clash with my virus protector (AVG).

I would be so grateful for your advice.

Thank you.

Anthony

:)

anthonywood, Aug 19, 2019

2. Windows 10, Safety Scanner, Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool and Dell Certificates

There is a thread about Microsoft Safety Scanner at http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...anner-protect_scanning/about-microsoft-safety.
    Lots of posters wondered about the scanner but had additional “variables” along with their questions about the scanner. A poster replied to my post there and said that I should start my own thread.

So here is what I posted:

I am a bit relieved to know I am not the only one having problems with downloading Microsoft Safety Scanner. My computer is a Dell 755 (refurbished) with Windows 10 Home. I am not sure whose link or what
    forum I got my link that finally got Microsoft Safety Scanner downloaded. My issue requiring downloading it was Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool finding a Dell certificate that was bad. Am I safe now that both the scanner and the removal tool
    show nothing after the tool removed the certificate? Did the loading and loading from the "usual link" say something bad about my browsers? I tried them all: MS Edge, IE 11, FF, and Chrome.

Any reply greatly appreciated!

So, I’d like to know:

• · Is J correct about that the problem was downloading the scanner from the link and not with my browsers?
    • · Does removing the Dell certificate via the Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool mean my problem with certificates and/or related malware is resolved?
    • · Does this leave me with no certificates?
    • · Is there anything else I need to do?
    Also, Could someone check the other thread for other posters who are (really are) being left with no help?

Susan

SusanMillerVA, Aug 19, 2019
  3. Huxg Win User
    Malicious Software Removal Tool

Thanks for your help. I'm going to try Microsoft Safety Scanner. I'll check with my antivirus service ESET Smart Security to make sure there are no issues between their services and Safety Scanner. It aooears that Sadety Scanner covers more then Malicious
    Software Removal Tool. I need to make sure Automatic Updates is on so it weill automatically run the Malicious Software Removal Tool once a month on last Tuesday. I can compliment that with Safety Scanner.

thanks again

4. dalchina Win User

Windows Malicious Removal Tool and/or Microsoft Safety Scanner

Unable to Load Microsoft Safety Scanner Web Page

Hi, Which specific URL are you having problems with?

Does this help?
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2916641
    "If a malware infection is preventing you from downloading the Microsoft Safety Scanner to your computer, use one of the following methods to download and run the tool.Method 1: Run the Microsoft Safety Scanner from removable media

Save the Microsoft Safety Scanner to removable media on an uninfected computer, and then run the tool on the infected computer. To do this, follow these steps:........................................"

You can also get the scanner here e.g.
    Microsoft Safety Scanner Download

dalchina, Aug 19, 2019
Thema:

Windows Malicious Removal Tool and/or Microsoft Safety Scanner

1. Windows Malicious Removal Tool and/or Microsoft Safety Scanner - Similar Threads - Malicious Removal Tool

2. Microsoft Safety Scanner, was this a Windows Defender Tool?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Safety Scanner, was this a Windows Defender Tool?: It looks like this has been removed. So, it was a tool used by Windows Defender? But tampered with so it was removed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-safety-scanner-was-this-a-windows/d02ce4f2-dca1-4411-9a9e-55015b84224f
  3. Microsoft Safety Scanner, was this a Windows Defender Tool?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Safety Scanner, was this a Windows Defender Tool?: It looks like this has been removed. So, it was a tool used by Windows Defender? But tampered with so it was removed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-safety-scanner-was-this-a-windows/d02ce4f2-dca1-4411-9a9e-55015b84224f
  4. Microsoft Safety Scanner continuously finds and removes Vir Tool:...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Safety Scanner continuously finds and removes Vir Tool:...: I have been getting the yellow shield emblem that says this has been removed. If the PC acts up again, I run the scanner again. It might show the yellow shield emblem or it might show a green emblem. Why is Windows Defender allowing the same problem to recur? How can I stop...
  5. Microsoft Smart Security Scanner and Malicious software removal tool

Microsoft Smart Security Scanner and Malicious software removal tool: Microsoft Smart Security Scanner and Malicious software removal tool both while scanning showing 19 files as infected but at the end of the scan says no virus, spyware or other potentially unwanted software detected. In C:\Windows\debug folder mrt & msert note pad files also...
  6. Microsoft Malicious software removal tool

Microsoft Malicious software removal tool: Hi all I have tried several times to download Microsoft Malicious software removal tool from Microsoft site and when I try to run it I get a warning that the publisher is unknown, any ideas? TIA...
  7. Microsoft malicious software removal tool

Microsoft malicious software removal tool: Why can't I run this program? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/microsoft-malicious-software-removal-tool/13f99f97-477c-464b-8ee5-9d750afb2c4f
  8. Microsoft Malicious Malware Removal Tool needed ?

Microsoft Malicious Malware Removal Tool needed ?: There seems to be a difference of opinion amongst Moderators over the need for The Malicious Malware Removal Tool. We know Free Malwarebytes is good but it is only a call upon Scanner when needed, usually to remove PUPs. Although Windows Security can be set now to do that....
  9. Malicious removal tool

Malicious removal tool: I run Malicious software removal tool (MRT) and it ALWAYS comes up with one file found. When I list the details, nothing shows up in the list. Today I ran MRT and it listed 3 files found - but once more nothing shows in the list. Rerunning MRT again shows 3 files found....
  10. Malicious Software Removal Tool

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Malicious Software Removal Tool: *Info Shawn has posted a formal announcement of this on this thread: Update: KB890830 update for Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool - May 2017 - Windows 10 Forums TC I just did a Check for Updates (WU) and got this. Out of the blue in the middle of the month?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. safety scanner vs windows malicious removal tool