Windows 10: Windows malicious tool

Discus and support Windows malicious tool in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; new laptop keeps locking up. HP said it because of Windows malicious tool... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Butchman#, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Butchman# Win User

Windows malicious tool

new laptop keeps locking up. HP said it because of Windows malicious tool

:)

Butchman#, Dec 5, 2018

2. malicious software removal tool

Hi Alex,

We would like to know more about the issue by answering the following questions below:

• Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool?
    • What is the last action taken before this issue happens?

We suggest that you check this link for more details regarding your issue:
    The Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool (MSRT) helps remove specific, prevalent malicious software from computers that are running supported versions of Windows.

We look forward to your response.

Anthony Gal, Dec 5, 2018
  3. malicious software tool

The Malicious Software Removal Tool (MSRT) is quite a useless and antiquated tool...

It might show during scanning any number of "infected" files but at the end of the scanning come to the conclusion that they were not infected. The result counts...

Suggestion to read these older threads (especially the posts of Rob Koch and quietman and GreginMich) which are explaining a bit about the "usefulness" of the MSRT...

I, personally, never even download/use it...

Jsssssssss, Dec 5, 2018
  4. axe0 Win User

Windows malicious tool

KB890830 Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool 5.48 - May 2017

Hi D4ni3l,

It is not a tool like protection software, it scans and removes malware but nothing more.

These are the different key ways from which the tool differs in comparison with protection software
    From Malicious Software Removal Tool in Windows Windows 10 Security System Tutorials

axe0, Dec 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows malicious tool

1. Windows malicious tool - Similar Threads - malicious tool

2. Windows malicious software removal tool taking so much time to install on settings update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows malicious software removal tool taking so much time to install on settings update.: In my settings the windows malicious removal tool update, I waited 20 minutes and the percentage of update installen is still 0%. The update is not happening and is stuck on only 0%....
  3. Windows malicious software removal tool taking so much time to install on settings update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows malicious software removal tool taking so much time to install on settings update.: In my settings the windows malicious removal tool update, I waited 20 minutes and the percentage of update installen is still 0%. The update is not happening and is stuck on only 0%....
  4. Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool: I have been using Windows 11 since last September 2023, and running Version 23H2.As with Windows 10 previously, I note that every month, a new update of the Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool arrives with the daily update of Microsoft available software.The last update...
  5. Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool

Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool: I have been using Windows 11 since last September 2023, and running Version 23H2.As with Windows 10 previously, I note that every month, a new update of the Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool arrives with the daily update of Microsoft available software.The last update...
  6. why is Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool x64 - v5.114 KB890830 on windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why is Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool x64 - v5.114 KB890830 on windows 10: why is Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool x64 - v5.114 KB890830 on windows 10 not installing after downloading. p.s. it is pending other downloads...
  7. why is Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool x64 - v5.114 KB890830 on windows 10

why is Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool x64 - v5.114 KB890830 on windows 10: why is Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool x64 - v5.114 KB890830 on windows 10 not installing after downloading. p.s. it is pending other downloads...
  8. why is Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool x64 - v5.114 KB890830 on windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. I ONLY RECEIVED 2 UPDATES ON 1-10-2023: MALICIOUS SOFTWARE REMOVAL TOOL AND CUMULATIVE...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I ONLY RECEIVED 2 UPDATES ON 1-10-2023: MALICIOUS SOFTWARE REMOVAL TOOL AND CUMULATIVE...: I ONLY RECEIVED 2 UPDATES ON 1-10-2023: MALICIOUS SOFTWARE REMOVAL TOOL AND CUMULATIVE UPATE KB5022282. DID I RECEIVE ALL OF THE UPDATES FOR "UPDATE TUESDAY" THIS MONTH?...
  10. I ONLY RECEIVED 2 UPDATES ON 1-10-2023: MALICIOUS SOFTWARE REMOVAL TOOL AND CUMULATIVE...

I ONLY RECEIVED 2 UPDATES ON 1-10-2023: MALICIOUS SOFTWARE REMOVAL TOOL AND CUMULATIVE...: I ONLY RECEIVED 2 UPDATES ON 1-10-2023: MALICIOUS SOFTWARE REMOVAL TOOL AND CUMULATIVE UPATE KB5022282. DID I RECEIVE ALL OF THE UPDATES FOR "UPDATE TUESDAY" THIS MONTH?...