Windows 10: Windows Management files may be moved or missing Win 10

Discus and support Windows Management files may be moved or missing Win 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I don't know this is what is causing random BSODs with varying error messages, but as it appears broken seems like it should be fixed. This started as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Theo_Wellington, Oct 16, 2019.

1. Windows Management files may be moved or missing Win 10

I don't know this is what is causing random BSODs with varying error messages, but as it appears broken seems like it should be fixed. This started as near as we can tell about 10 days ago during an update.

WMI service is listed as running, but no information about computer, just the error message.

There was advice somewhere about starting and stopping the service, I cannot stop. Despite being an administrator AND trying from an elevated command line, not allowed to stop service.

Is there no simple way to replace damaged files?

Since learning that Win 10 did not set restore points automatically, now have it set but there was no old restore point. To say that this is frustrating is an understatement. I am working on my son's computer, he made the ill-advised choice to go from Win 7 to Win 10.

I found the thread about winxp similar problem, but this is win 10, version 1903.

Thanks for any useful advice.

:)

Theo_Wellington, Oct 16, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 16, 2019
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 16, 2019
  4. endeavor Win User

Windows Management files may be moved or missing Win 10

Replacing Windows Mail in Win-10 with one from Win-Vista.

Clayton, yes you can use your own files, as well realize the files from the tutorial attachments are the exact same thing already coming from Windows Vista - it's all the same.

The tutorial instructions how to do it in every detail are posted Here

Please for your own sake, just be sure you understand the limitations of using the old Vista WinMail client out of it's native environment inside of Windows7/8/10 by reading through the disclaimer, and the Bug List that's linked on the page there, and then decide if you want to do it and if it's right for you.
    Feel free to post your questions over there too.

endeavor, Oct 16, 2019
Thema:

Windows Management files may be moved or missing Win 10

1. Windows Management files may be moved or missing Win 10 - Similar Threads - Management files may

2. move files from my Wiin11 to Win 10 PC using file manager.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    move files from my Wiin11 to Win 10 PC using file manager.: I have a new Windows 11 PC and want to move files from my Windows 10 PC using file manager. I am the owner of both PC and they are on the same network. I can see the Windows 10 PC in Network folder but it asked me to enter for Windows Security the network credential of user...
  3. move files from my Wiin11 to Win 10 PC using file manager.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    move files from my Wiin11 to Win 10 PC using file manager.: I have a new Windows 11 PC and want to move files from my Windows 10 PC using file manager. I am the owner of both PC and they are on the same network. I can see the Windows 10 PC in Network folder but it asked me to enter for Windows Security the network credential of user...
  4. File Manager Search box missing Recent List - Win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Manager Search box missing Recent List - Win 10: There used to be a drop down list of recent searches with an option to remove them individually in the Windows 10 File Explorer Search text box that would open as soon as you click into the search box.Is there a way to restore this?...
  5. File Manager Search box missing Recent List - Win 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Manager Search box missing Recent List - Win 10: There used to be a drop down list of recent searches with an option to remove them individually in the Windows 10 File Explorer Search text box that would open as soon as you click into the search box.Is there a way to restore this?...
  6. File Manager Search box missing Recent List - Win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Win 10 File Manager NO Extensions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win 10 File Manager NO Extensions: This evening I attempted to download some @live.com emails to a folder on my pc, while attempting to do this, I looked at my file manager to see what was downloaded. I noticed there were no file extensions on any of the documents i.e. .doc, dox. It's gone with v. win 10. I...
  8. Win 10 File Manager Shutdowns

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 File Manager Shutdowns: Experiencing shutdowns of File Manager when creating, deleting or renaming folders. System Information Application Error events record as follows: 07/10/2020 15:49 Application Error Faulting application name: Explorer.EXE, version: 10.0.19041.488, time stamp:...
  9. WinRAR moved or missing files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WinRAR moved or missing files: I'm not sure whether this is the right place to post this, but here goes nothing. I recently downloaded the zip file for the SCP Unity Remake. It took two hours to download, and I don't really want to sit through it again. I extracted the files with WinRAR and it worked...
  10. Moved files gone missing

in Windows 10 Support
    Moved files gone missing: I got a new laptop today which came with Windows 10 which I've never used before, so everything's still very new to me. I've been trying to move files off my previous laptop which runs Windows 7. I've spent a few hours collecting everything I need onto an ext. hard drive,...