Windows 10: Windows Management Instrumentation - causing massive freeze, stutter & system overall slowdown.

Discus and support Windows Management Instrumentation - causing massive freeze, stutter & system overall slowdown. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey there, It took me 14 hours today to debug this issue on my brand new system. The system goes as follows: AsRock Z390 Phantom Gaming iTX/ac, Core... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by uplink-svk, Mar 17, 2019.

1. Windows Management Instrumentation - causing massive freeze, stutter & system overall slowdown.

Hey there,

It took me 14 hours today to debug this issue on my brand new system. The system goes as follows: AsRock Z390 Phantom Gaming iTX/ac, Core i9 9900k, 32 GB DDR4 3000 MHz XMP RAM, RTX 2080Ti, Samsung 970 Pro 512 GB [OS - Windows 10 Pro Genuine], Samsung 970 Evo 2TB and PSU is SilverStone SFX-L Titanium SX800-LTI 800W, all is under mid-ranged water cooling from Aquacomputer and EK-WB, running on Dell Alienware 35 something something 2560 x 1080p display, meaning I'm no 4k guy juicing my PC. That said, the PC is a state of art HW, shouldn't have any issues of any kind whatsoever. I'm running newest BiOS on my motherboard [P1.50] and...

After 14 long hours of debugging today, I found out that service called Windows Management Instrumentation is causing massive freezes, stutters and slowing down everything. When I move window in Windows Explorer, the cursor of the mouse "sticks" to the upper part of the windows, and I can move "another" cursor while the window is slowly moving like in slow motion.

Also, opening My Computer, or any folder shared via SMB from my server is taking ages. Start works slowly, everything is terrible.

When I disable in msconfig, or services.msc the Windows Management Instrumentation, I'm getting what I paid for. Fluent, near-light speed experience. As soon as I enable the WMi, hell breaks lose on my computer.

Is this a known issue of Windows 10 Pro, 1809, Build 17763.379? Or is it something "at my side" and HW/FW specific?

Please advise

With kind regards

Bryan

:)

uplink-svk, Mar 17, 2019
  2. Remon Ont Win User

Windows 10 slowdown

Hi Aman,

There are some factors that may cause the computer to slowdown, corrupt Windows system files, is one of the factor that can slow down the computer and cause other problems.

To isolate the issue, we would like to ask some information:

• Did you get any error messages?
    • Have you done any changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We will wait for your response.

Remon Ont, Mar 17, 2019
  3. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Mar 17, 2019
  4. peach1971 Win User

Windows Management Instrumentation - causing massive freeze, stutter & system overall slowdown.

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Mar 17, 2019
Thema:

Windows Management Instrumentation - causing massive freeze, stutter & system overall slowdown.

1. Windows Management Instrumentation - causing massive freeze, stutter & system overall slowdown. - Similar Threads - Management Instrumentation causing

2. CPU/GPU randomly drops in usage% causing massive stutters, freezes, and lag.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CPU/GPU randomly drops in usage% causing massive stutters, freezes, and lag.: This issue just randomly popped up yesterday and I've been trying to fix it for the last day or so. My laptop is the Asus ZenBook 14 UX425UG-Q408UG, 8gb soldered ram, r5 5500u, Nvidia mx450.I have tried the installation media, some driver updates, and some rudimentary...
  3. CPU/GPU randomly drops in usage% causing massive stutters, freezes, and lag.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CPU/GPU randomly drops in usage% causing massive stutters, freezes, and lag.: This issue just randomly popped up yesterday and I've been trying to fix it for the last day or so. My laptop is the Asus ZenBook 14 UX425UG-Q408UG, 8gb soldered ram, r5 5500u, Nvidia mx450.I have tried the installation media, some driver updates, and some rudimentary...
  4. Massive slowdown on chrome and edge chromium browsers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Massive slowdown on chrome and edge chromium browsers: Hi... I am using a windows 11 laptop...I have a lot of use on chrome and it has started to lag a lot... Like painfully a lot...Sending a simple email from gmail would take 10 minutes... And plus it lags everywhere on chrome... The loading animations... Website, scrolling,...
  5. Massive slowdown on chrome and edge chromium browsers

Massive slowdown on chrome and edge chromium browsers: Hi... I am using a windows 11 laptop...I have a lot of use on chrome and it has started to lag a lot... Like painfully a lot...Sending a simple email from gmail would take 10 minutes... And plus it lags everywhere on chrome... The loading animations... Website, scrolling,...
  6. Windows Management Instrumentation Software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Management Instrumentation Software: I received an error message "Cannot access the Windows Management Instrumentation Software. Windows files may be moved or missing". This was after I had tried to download Nikon Studio software from the Nikon website. Nikon support tried various things without success before...
  7. Windows Management Instrumentation Software

Windows Management Instrumentation Software: I received an error message "Cannot access the Windows Management Instrumentation Software. Windows files may be moved or missing". This was after I had tried to download Nikon Studio software from the Nikon website. Nikon support tried various things without success before...
  8. Fallout 4 and Skyrim, massive framerate slowdowns

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fallout 4 and Skyrim, massive framerate slowdowns: Hey guys. Having a problem with some games that I'm playing via Steam. Fallout 4 used to run flawlessly on my PC. One day, I turned it on and noticed that the graphics settings had been dropped to low. The framerate was also completely horrendous. Any ideas on what might...
  9. Extreme System Slowdown - Looking for Cause

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Extreme System Slowdown - Looking for Cause: Hello! I have updated my System Profile.... My system has begun to respond very slowly...programs may take 5 to 10 seconds to launch, changing tabs in browser or quitting a program seems to take forever. I have looked at what is starting up and looked some at Task Manager...
  10. Slowdown while gaming/massive lag

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slowdown while gaming/massive lag: Hi All System performing pretty well, just when gaming sluggish a bit, as in can't hardly walk at times, Game is Secondlife with 3rd party 64bit Firestorm viewer, LInden labs don't have 64bit native viewer out yet. System is clean install last month Creators update...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows management instrumentation causing lag

2. asrock z390 phantom gaming 4 windows freezes everytime a few minutes after startup

3. 2080ti causing windows to freeze