Windows 10: Windows Management Instrumentation Repository changes (WMI/WBEM)

Discus and support Windows Management Instrumentation Repository changes (WMI/WBEM) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows Management Instrumentation Repository changes (WMI/WBEM) I had a BSOD and after that the WIndows 10 PC behaved very slow and suspicious for a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Grotew8931, Jan 10, 2020.

1. Windows Management Instrumentation Repository changes (WMI/WBEM)

Windows Management Instrumentation Repository changes (WMI/WBEM)

I had a BSOD and after that the WIndows 10 PC behaved very slow and suspicious for a long while until I had to restart it .... almost felt like it was busy doing other things ...

Later I looked at what file had changed during that period and their was changes in:

C:\Windows\System32\wbem\Repository

where most of the map/btr/data files etc. had changed ...

I might be paranoid but I just want to check if this is a directory that should change often since my own seems to be changing often (last change when I restarted the machine) and I have read about there being WMI (WIndows Management Instrumentation) attacks - WMI is what this directory is for ...

Malwarebytes, windows defender and SFC scannow shows nothing wrong (ran them serveral times) but the files in that directory seems to be changing very often as I said ...

Does anyone know if this is files that should change often, or you might give additional info or maybe you can look at your own directory and see if yours is changing too?

:)

Grotew8931, Jan 10, 2020

2. Action center will freeze afterclicking on the received notification in Windows 10.

hi i had the same issue and looked online and found this which worked for me:

I suggest you take the following steps to reset WMI Repository. If the issue can be resolved by following suggestion, the issue should be caused by a corrupted WMI component.

Restore the WMI Repository

====================

1. Click "Start", type: services in the search box and press Enter.

2. Right click on “Windows Management Instrumention”, choose Stop. Do not close this Service window.

3. Locate Repository folder in C:\windows\system32\wbem, rename Repository to Repositoryold. Repository (make sure service is still stopped because the service will restart automatically otherwise you will not be able to rename the folder)

4. Restart the “Windows Management Instrumention” service.

5. Restart the computer to test this issue.

Mena.Beshai, Jan 10, 2020
  3. Taskbar, Cortana, Start Button, Action Center Freezes When Notification Comes

hi i had the same issue and looked online and found this which worked for me:

I suggest you take the following steps to reset WMI Repository. If the issue can be resolved by following suggestion, the issue should be caused by a corrupted WMI component.

Restore the WMI Repository

====================

1. Click "Start", type: services in the search box and press Enter.

2. Right click on “Windows Management Instrumention”, choose Stop. Do not close this Service window.

3. Locate Repository folder in C:\windows\system32\wbem, rename Repository to Repositoryold. Repository (make sure service is still stopped because the service will restart automatically otherwise you will not be able to rename the folder)

4. Restart the “Windows Management Instrumention” service.

5. Restart the computer to test this issue.

Mena.Beshai, Jan 10, 2020
  4. Windows Management Instrumentation Repository changes (WMI/WBEM)

RE: Microsoft WBEM WMI Policy SOM Provider

I have this CLSID {AAEAE72F-0328-4763-8ECB-23422EDE2DB5} missing from my computer and it corresponds to Microsoft WBEM WMI Policy SOM Provider.

I removed Office 2010 from my pc and perhaps this is why?

I am just trying to clear the WMI of all errors. Thanks for your help.

jcgood1984, Jan 10, 2020
Thema:

Windows Management Instrumentation Repository changes (WMI/WBEM)

1. Windows Management Instrumentation Repository changes (WMI/WBEM) - Similar Threads - Management Instrumentation Repository

2. WMI Provider Host - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WMI Provider Host - Windows 10: The problem of WMI Provider Host consuming 30+% of CPU usage is as I have found well known and documented - why hasn't Microsoft patched this issue in Windows 10?...
  3. WMI PREFORMANCE ADAPTER

in Windows 10 Customization
    WMI PREFORMANCE ADAPTER: I am using Pro Tools First and downloaded a "third party" plug-in (it was a free trial) from a website called "Accusonus". The Plug-in is called "ERA N BUNDLE". I couldn't get Pro-tools first to recognize the plug in after I downloaded it (later I found out that the plug-in...
  4. OneDrive Git repository

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive Git repository: I moved a git repository to my OneDrive on my computer, and OneDrive got stuck on "Looking for changes" and refused to sync any files on my computer. This continued for days through restarting my computer and OneDrive multiple times. Only solution was to remove my repository...
  5. What is this folder for - c:\windows\system32\wbem ?

in Windows 10 Support
    What is this folder for - c:\windows\system32\wbem ?: What is the function of the folder c:\windows\system32\wbem? I'm trying to expunge HP Sure Click which was installed on my new laptop. I uninstalled Sure Click but the Sure Click Chrome Extension remained and was greyed out so nothing could be done with it. Uninstalling /...
  6. Windows managment instrumentation wont disable

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows managment instrumentation wont disable: when i try to enable or disable WIM in services tab it just re-enables itself https://gyazo.com/f60ee8cbd08c85b54792c8e3b8985898 i also have a screenshot of me using cmd to try to disable it but never works https://gyazo.com/8cf9d684d065e4b350069a6876cf5959...
  7. Windows Management Instrumentation - causing massive freeze, stutter & system overall slowdown.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Management Instrumentation - causing massive freeze, stutter & system overall slowdown.: Hey there, It took me 14 hours today to debug this issue on my brand new system. The system goes as follows: AsRock Z390 Phantom Gaming iTX/ac, Core i9 9900k, 32 GB DDR4 3000 MHz XMP RAM, RTX 2080Ti, Samsung 970 Pro 512 GB [OS - Windows 10 Pro Genuine], Samsung 970 Evo 2TB...
  8. How to repair or rebuild the WMI Repository on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to repair or rebuild the WMI Repository on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Many a time the WMI Repository gets corrupted which results in Provider Load Failure. In this guide, we will share how to repair or rebuild the WMI Repository on Windows 10. Those who aren’t aware, Windows Management Instrumentation or WMI is a [...] This...
  9. Fix Windows Management Instrumentation error 1083

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Windows Management Instrumentation error 1083: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]There can be instances where upon attempting to open a Windows Service such as Windows Management Instrumentation, you get the error with the following message – Error 1083: The executable program that this service is configured to run in does [...] This...
  10. WMI report inconsistent

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    WMI report inconsistent: [running Windows 10 Creators] Hi, While investigating the "Error while updating ESET NOD32 Antivirus status to SECURITY_PRODUCT_STATE_ON." problem, I discovered something rather strange... If I go to Security and Maintenance, the system reports that ESET NOD32 is...