Windows 10: Windows Maps and WiFi ... RIP Internet

Discus and support Windows Maps and WiFi ... RIP Internet in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; As if there was another reason to rant about how things are only exclusively locked to use the ethernet port on your PC. I was trying to use the Maps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by HoneycombWX, Nov 15, 2018.

1. Windows Maps and WiFi ... RIP Internet

As if there was another reason to rant about how things are only exclusively locked to use the ethernet port on your PC. I was trying to use the Maps app yesterday, but when I start it up, the WiFi cut out. I was intending on looking up restaurants in the next town over, but Windows in all its glitchy glory insisted on getting off my duff and getting the ethernet cord.

All of the settings on the WiFi adapter are set specifically to NOT use metered connection. In fact, last time I checked, my ISP doesn't bill us by the amount of GB's we use per month, or charge extra if we go over a certain amount of GB's. There is this nomenclature about copyright and how if we're caught once pirating something they will disconnect us.

Also, I'm using a discount "refurbished" Wireless AC router and this Netgear wireless adapter that many Windows users are often having trouble setting up, but as far as connectivity goes, when I plugged it into the tower, Windows found drivers for it and I started using it. Provided I got the drivers while the ethernet cord was still attached to the PC for that brief respite while it was obtaining them.

In fact, we have two of these adapters; my mother uses one on her machine down the hall. On occasion does she complain about the link being down because Windows is still taking its sweet time refilling the DNS cache.

But that's not the issue here. My issue is, why does my WiFi disconnect when I load the Maps app?

:)

HoneycombWX, Nov 15, 2018
  2. Rhen Pal Win User

RIP CDs

Hi,

We suggest that you perform these steps and check if the issue persists:

• Press "Windows" + "E" button on the keyboard.
    • Go to "View > Navigation pane" and select "Show libraries".
    • Now in the navigation pane, right-click on the "Music" library under "Libraries" and select "Delete".
    • Now right-click on the "Libraries" and select "Restore default libraries".
    • Now try to rip.

We also suggest that you refer to this link. Burn and rip CDs.

Regards.

Rhen Pal, Nov 15, 2018
  3. something Wrong with window media player, it does not ripping no music

Hi Joseph,

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• Are you referring to the Windows Media Playback?
    • What exactly happens when you try to rip music?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?

Let us try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run Windows Media Player DVD troubleshooter, if not yet deployed.

Windows Media Player DVD troubleshooter find and fix problems with playing DVDs in Windows Media Player.

Steps:

• Press Windows key, type troubleshooting
      and select it.
    • Click on View all in the left pane.
    • Click onWindows Media Player DVD and follow the onscreen instructions.

Step 2: I recommend you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of ripping the DVD for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 15, 2018
  4. Windows Maps and WiFi ... RIP Internet

MEDIA PLAYER- unable to play or rip cd's

Hi Christine,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will be glad to assist you with the issue.

• Did you check if you are able to play using other CD'S?
    • What is the exact error message or code you receive when you try to play the cd or try to Rip?

For now let's try the below steps and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to check if the rip settings are set correctly as mentioned in this article:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/change-settings-for-ripping-music

Method 2:

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Windows Media player and check if the issue persists. Refer to these steps to uninstall and reinstall Windows Media player:

• Press Window key + F, select “Settings’ tab below the search box.
    • Type “Turn Windows features ON or OFF” and click on the tile with the same name.
    • Now, expand the “Media features” and uncheck the box against “Windows Media player”.
    • Restart the computer.
    • Now follow the same steps and check the box against “Windows Media player” and
      restart the computer to reinstall.
    • Check if the issue persists.

Hope it helps. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Nov 15, 2018
Thema:

Windows Maps and WiFi ... RIP Internet

1. Windows Maps and WiFi ... RIP Internet - Similar Threads - Maps WiFi RIP

2. Wifi internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi internet: Ok so to start, every year in winter my pc wifi is terrible, dreadful. It keeps disconnecting. In rest it's fine. Now the problem is that i want to connect to the strongest wifi signal that reaches to my room. Ok i do that but when i connect to it, or try, it says can't...
  3. Wifi internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi internet: Ok so to start, every year in winter my pc wifi is terrible, dreadful. It keeps disconnecting. In rest it's fine. Now the problem is that i want to connect to the strongest wifi signal that reaches to my room. Ok i do that but when i connect to it, or try, it says can't...
  4. Wifi internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Wifi no internet

Wifi no internet: After many years of using a Mac, I bought a tablet with Windows 10. I have been having lots of problems connecting to the Internet. I can get on a wifi, but no internet connection. If I use my mobile hotspot, it's fine. After looking for some help online, Microsoft has no...
  6. RIP Windows 7

in Windows 10 News
    RIP Windows 7: More than a decade after its release, Windows 7 support ends on January 14, 2020. Lets look back at what made Windows 7 so awesome and why its a great operating system well remember for the rest of our lives. RIP Windows 7: We’re Going to Miss You 148414
  7. RIP Listener (Слушатель RIP)

RIP Listener (Слушатель RIP): Здравствуйте В последних билдах Windows 10 не могу найти RIP Listener Как его установить? В более ранних билдах этой ОС - устанавливался из дополнительных компонентов, но сейчас его там нет...
  8. internet wifi

internet wifi: I want to know how you can repair this problem. I have a MacBook laptop and I have another Dell Laptop, my Dell can not connect to my Wi-Fi network, my cell phones and my MacBook connect perfectly. What I can do?...
  9. WiFi - No Internet

WiFi - No Internet: Hey guys... I'm at my wits end here and hoping someone can help me out. I've been happily able to switch between my Ethernet and WiFi connections at home with no issues forever. When I'm in my home office I am connected via Ethernet because it's a considerably faster...
  10. WiFi No Internet

WiFi No Internet: Hi. I have tried everything for countless hours today with no avail. Yellow exclamation mark in the WiFi icon, No Internet, DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN when I try to use Chrome, No network access and unidentified network in the Centre. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wifi rip

2. wifi.rip sign up

3. wifi.rip

4. windows 10 maps problem 2018