Windows 10: Windows Maps app freezes while redirecting

Discus and support Windows Maps app freezes while redirecting in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When trying to do a turn by turn navigation in Windows maps and the driver missed a turn, the maps app starts to show "Redirecting". But it freezes at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Lance.C, Apr 30, 2020.

1. Lance.C Win User

Windows Maps app freezes while redirecting

When trying to do a turn by turn navigation in Windows maps and the driver missed a turn, the maps app starts to show "Redirecting". But it freezes at that point and would not redirect. Leaving it like that for a while will crash the maps application. Driver will have to restart the tablet in order to run the maps app again.

This could be intermittent but it's very easy to duplicate. From where I am, I only get a redirecting message twice or thrice before I duplicate the problem. To duplicate this problem, the user needs to use the maps application to do a turn by turn navigation and actually drive and miss a turn. Missing a turn should allow maps app to redirect. It will be difficult to reproduce the issue when the user is not actually driving.

:)

Lance.C, Apr 30, 2020

2. Windows Maps App.

Hi, Peter

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community, I understand your concern and will try to assit you in the best way we can.

Have you tried restarting your system and check if you are able to find the app in your computer. If not then I would suggest that you do so and check if you are able to locate the app.

I would also suggest that you go to your c: drive locate Program Files open WindowsApps and check if the app is present there.

If you still cant find the app in your system then follow the steps mentioned below to remove and re-install Maps.

• On the search bar, type “Powershell” right click on it and select Run as Administrator.
    • Copy and paste the command stated below
    get-appxpackage *Microsoft.WindowsMaps* |remove-appxpackage

• This will remove Maps from your system, you can install the app again from Store. But it will required to close Windows Store (if opened) to reinstall Maps.

Hope this information helps

Vanessa Sohtun, Apr 30, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    windows 10 mail app freezes

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

From what you have mentioned, I would suggest you to try these steps to see if it resolves the issue.

Method 1: Hardware Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your touch pad.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel

• Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel

• Run the Windows Store apps troubleshooter

Refer the link below.

Note: Please don’t run app troubleshooter in the link. This applies to windows 10 also.

windows 10 mail app freezes

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Apr 30, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

windows maps

Hi, if you're referring to the UWP Maps app that comes with Windows, then please realise these apps use a new programming model that does not use exe's and dll's.

To launch the Maps app you have these URI's:

bingmaps:
    ms-drive-to:
    ms-walk-to:

(See
    Settings Pages List of URI Shortcuts in Windows 10
    )

For example, an Autohotkey line that launches the app is:

run, bingmaps:

dalchina, Apr 30, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows Maps app freezes while redirecting - Similar Threads - Maps app freezes

2. File Explorer crashes or freezes while accessing Mapped Network Drives

in Windows 10 News
    File Explorer crashes or freezes while accessing Mapped Network Drives: [ATTACH]If File Explorer crashes or freezes while accessing Mapped Network Drives on your Windows 11/10 system, this post may help you fix it. This issue prevents users from accessing the data inside the mapped network drives because every time users try to access them, File...
  3. Maps app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Maps app: Does anyone know of a way around using Windows Maps? My old computer showed my location as Sacramento, Ca., when my actual location is Rockford, Ill. Bought a new desktop, and have the same problem with it. This doesn't happen with all apps that want my location. But, it...
  4. Maps App has Outdated Maps

Maps App has Outdated Maps: Is it possible to update the maps/satellite imagery in the Windows Map App? When compared to the data on bing.com/maps, the Windows Map App is woefully out of date....
  5. Counter strike getting freezed and showing the app is not responding while the map is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Counter strike getting freezed and showing the app is not responding while the map is...: My csgo is getting freezed whenever i try to enter any map in official matchmaking! I've tried reinstalling the game but it doesnt help. My drivers and windows is updated, i dont know what to do. When i play offline with bots the maps take 10 minutes to load but when i play...
  6. Windows 10 Maps freezes during turn by turn navigation while driving.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Maps freezes during turn by turn navigation while driving.: We've been recommending windows 10 maps to our customers. It's been working fine until they updated to windows 10 1809. The maps will initially work for few minutes. But when driving, while using the turn by turn navigation, the maps freezes and stops working. The only way it...
  7. Maps app

Maps app: I have problems with the maps app, it doesn't work. When it opens it doesn't show me the location, it doesn't show anything https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/maps-app/c612800e-2c03-4e91-9269-56ca31402c78
  8. Printer Redirections Windows Desktop App

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer Redirections Windows Desktop App: When is printer redirections going to be able to work within the Microsoft Remote Desktop App? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-redirections-windows-desktop-app/23dc147f-a27d-4418-9010-da3c451a319d
  9. Map App

Map App: I tried to install the following App serveral times over the course of several days : Map (Microsoft Corporation) but always I get the error message: "couldn't Install. We 'll retry shortly". I use Windows 10 Home Edition (fully Upgraded). Is this app obsoleted? 100662
  10. finding saved maps in Map app

finding saved maps in Map app: I read the thread which explained how to download offline maps. That not the problem, and I've downloaded 2 maps. Unfortunately the thread didn't answer the question regarding using those maps. I see that they are downloaded in the Settings section, but I don't see any menu...