Windows 10: Windows Maps won't work. Random blue flashing and a "No GPS signal" message appears.

Discus and support Windows Maps won't work. Random blue flashing and a "No GPS signal" message appears. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm currently on a Getac B300-H with the latest version of windows and all my drivers are up to date. I'm trying to get turn by turn navigation to work... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ⚡ELECTRISK ⚡, Aug 10, 2019.

1. Windows Maps won't work. Random blue flashing and a "No GPS signal" message appears.

I'm currently on a Getac B300-H with the latest version of windows and all my drivers are up to date. I'm trying to get turn by turn navigation to work but after I get directions, I press go and the screen starts flashing blue in areas and eventually shows a message saying "No gps signal"

I know my gps works because it could locate me just fine to get directions and other navigation apps like mapfactor work flawlessly. How do I fix this issue?

:)

⚡ELECTRISK ⚡, Aug 10, 2019

2. Map showing No GPS Signal

Hi,

GPS is working. But Windows map in navigation mode gives no gps signal message. I have same lumia 730 with os build 10.0.14393.189

SreejithS Menon, Aug 10, 2019
  3. No GPS Signal

My Windows Maps only finds my Home location while offline but when I turn ON Turn by Turn Navigation, it says No GPS signal because of this I can't even get directions.

Google maps' Gps working correctly but Microsoft Windows Maps never found my location while offline and No GPS signal Message..����

Jaswin_895, Aug 10, 2019
  4. hpholm Win User

Windows Maps won't work. Random blue flashing and a "No GPS signal" message appears.

No GPS signal

Did you add a protective casing to the phone, or use a metal phone holder in the car?

- Some covers and holders are made of metal which blocks the GPS signal.

Software issues regarding loss of GPS signal during navigation are resolved for most users in the Windows 10 Anniversary Update and the latest versions of Maps.

- Please confirm the phone is fully updated?

There's a thread regarding this in the Maps forum, with more troubleshooting steps:

No voice in guided navigation in the Maps app

--

Hans

hpholm, Aug 10, 2019
Thema:

Windows Maps won't work. Random blue flashing and a "No GPS signal" message appears.

1. Windows Maps won't work. Random blue flashing and a "No GPS signal" message appears. - Similar Threads - Maps won't Random

2. Windows 11 maps, offline gps navigation works for a few minutes and stops.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 maps, offline gps navigation works for a few minutes and stops.: My gps signal isnt interrupted all I do is close the maps app and reopen and It knows exactly where I am, I have also a background app logging gps live and it shows my wwan card is working. I have narrowed it down to the maps app acting up. any suggestions would be...
  3. Windows 11 maps, offline gps navigation works for a few minutes and stops.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 maps, offline gps navigation works for a few minutes and stops.: My gps signal isnt interrupted all I do is close the maps app and reopen and It knows exactly where I am, I have also a background app logging gps live and it shows my wwan card is working. I have narrowed it down to the maps app acting up. any suggestions would be...
  4. GPS not working in Windows app

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    GPS not working in Windows app: Hello,I've got several Panasonic FZ-G1 Toughpads on Windows 10 with internal Sierra Wireless Snapdragon GPS sensors. We are using them with ESRI Collector and Survey123 mapping apps which use the Windows location sensor. I suspect after a Windows update, the GPS has stopped...
  5. Blue screen Appeared Randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue screen Appeared Randomly: I recently encounter bluescreen either surfing the net or doing office works. It happens randomly. From the event viewer, I see the following error message I have also attached the logs collected using "log collector V2 log collector". Any help and advice will be much be...
  6. This error message randomly appeared

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    This error message randomly appeared: Hi, on startup a couple of command propts briefly popped up and then disappeared, it was very quick, an hour or 2 later those 2 error messages appeared Not at the same time, the one on the front appeared like 3 seconds after, this was very random and unexpected, what does...
  7. Error Message Appearing at Random

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Error Message Appearing at Random: Ever since the last Windows 10 update, I continuously get an error message popping up randomly throughout the day. It doesn't matter if I close it. It will pop up even if I have nothing running. With error messages I can usually figure out what the problem is. With this one,...
  8. GPS road map

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    GPS road map: how do Ii download my Magellan RoadMate 5120-LMTX content manager on my windows 10 pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gps-road-map/4ad78660-016f-42bb-8c8e-2ad54516528d
  9. no gps signal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    no gps signal: hay m using lumia 540 windows 10 latest version in my lumia when i try to navigate and tap on get directions than its show no gps signal i already try roll back and update it but still same problem i think its a windows or map issue but unfortunately Microsoft stop update for...
  10. Windows 7 random flash appearing/disappearing window

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 7 random flash appearing/disappearing window: Hi All, Using windows 7 SP1 - fresh install, and using windows update to update the windows with the latest updates. At some point (can't tell when) a mysterious window start to flash for a fraction of a second very randomly (maybe once an hour or half an hour). 1....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. getac b300 h gps and windows maps not working

2. windows maps shows no gps signal