Windows 10: Windows MDS mitigation gone after update to 1909?

Discus and support Windows MDS mitigation gone after update to 1909? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I just updated my Laptop (I5 4200U) from version 1903 to 1909. Before updating, the SpeculationControl Powershell script showed: Windows OS support... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Schinkentoast, Jan 20, 2020.

1. Windows MDS mitigation gone after update to 1909?

I just updated my Laptop (I5 4200U) from version 1903 to 1909. Before updating, the SpeculationControl Powershell script showed:

Windows OS support for MDS mitigation is present: True
    Hardware is vulnerable to MDS: True
    Windows OS support for MDS mitigation is enabled: True

After the update, this changed to:

Windows OS support for MDS mitigation is enabled: False

I couldn't find anything regarding this issue; is there a way to re-enable MDS mitigation?

submitted by /u/Schinkentoast
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Schinkentoast, Jan 20, 2020
  2. Steve C Win User

How to Enable MDS Mitigation?

I just updated my laptop to v1903 and installed KB4497165: Intel microcode updates. The security report looks fine apart from the extract below:

Speculation control settings for MDS [microarchitectural data sampling]
    Windows OS support for MDS mitigation is enabled: False

Should I enable Windows OS support for MDS mitigation and how do I enable it?

Steve C, Jan 20, 2020
  3. loxia01 Win User
    How to Enable MDS Mitigation?

Have the same issue on my Windows 10 PC. Have tried to with adding new registry values, but didn't help. Perhaps MDS mitigation is not yet implemented for versions 1903 and 1809?

loxia01, Jan 20, 2020
  4. Windows MDS mitigation gone after update to 1909?

Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, Jan 20, 2020
Thema:

Windows MDS mitigation gone after update to 1909?

1. Windows MDS mitigation gone after update to 1909? - Similar Threads - MDS mitigation gone

2. MDS Installation on Windows docker Image

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MDS Installation on Windows docker Image: Hi,I tried installing MDS on Windows servercore Image mcr.microsoft.com/windows/servercore:ltsc2019 using below command and it says "You have selected a feature that is not supported on Windows Server Core. The supported features on Windows Server Core are: Database Engine...
  3. MDS Installation on Windows docker Image

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MDS Installation on Windows docker Image: Hi,I tried installing MDS on Windows servercore Image mcr.microsoft.com/windows/servercore:ltsc2019 using below command and it says "You have selected a feature that is not supported on Windows Server Core. The supported features on Windows Server Core are: Database Engine...
  4. Windows Update not updating after build 1909

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update not updating after build 1909: I started having this issue last December or so. If I try to do a major Windows Update the update appears to download and mostly install. Once the computer prompts for a restart it doesn't seem like anything finalized and when the computer boots up again nothing has changed....
  5. Windows Update not updating after build 1909

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update not updating after build 1909: I started having this issue last December or so. If I try to do a major Windows Update the update appears to download and mostly install. Once the computer prompts for a restart it doesn't seem like anything finalized and when the computer boots up again nothing has changed....
  6. Windows Update Gone, Windows 10 1909

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Update Gone, Windows 10 1909: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/filipinoRedditor25 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/id8169/windows_update_gone_windows_10_1909/
  7. After Windows 10 Home 1909 Update, folders/files gone?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After Windows 10 Home 1909 Update, folders/files gone?: Hi ! I made a Windows Update in March. Since then it happened to me twice that all folders and files ( really ALL ) were suddenly gone. My taskbar, with my buttons, was also deleted again. What can I do? What do I have to do to prevent this from happening again? Should I...
  8. AMD Software gone after updating to 1909

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    AMD Software gone after updating to 1909: So I updated to windows 10 1909 just a couple of hours ago and I have a problem. I came to realize that my AMD Adrenaline Software was gone after the updating to 1909. Everytime I right clicked I realized that the AMD Radeon option was gone, for example when you right click...
  9. All Printers are gone after update to Windows 10 build 1909

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    All Printers are gone after update to Windows 10 build 1909: After I installed The update for Windows 10 1909 all my printer are gone, yet when opening printer dialog in Word the printers are there, but when printing they are not working. I tried to install new printers the are shown in the Printers and devices window after install but...
  10. How to Enable MDS Mitigation?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to Enable MDS Mitigation?: I just updated my laptop to v1903 and installed KB4497165: Intel microcode updates. The security report looks fine apart from the extract below: Speculation control settings for MDS [microarchitectural data sampling]Windows OS support for MDS mitigation is present:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows OS support for MDS mitigation is enabled: False

2. enable windows os support for mds mitigation

3. windows10 how to enable mds mitigation