Windows 10: Windows Media Center win-8.1 on win-10 install

Discus and support Windows Media Center win-8.1 on win-10 install in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, Just ran into this and thought I would share, Media Center on Windows 10 Technical Preview Might be something/ might be nothing but Microsoft is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ThrashZone, Oct 9, 2014.

1. Windows Media Center win-8.1 on win-10 install

Hi,
    Just ran into this and thought I would share,
    Media Center on Windows 10 Technical Preview
    Might be something/ might be nothing but Microsoft is saying to do a re-install or in-place install to correct the issue *Sad
    Cheers.

:)

ThrashZone, Oct 9, 2014

2. Media Center in Windows 10

I understand that Media Center will not be in Win 10 and will be replaced with an app for those who had media center in Win 8.1. I had to buy that as an upgrade (just days ago), and wonder if the Win 10 app will install based on the upgrade I purchased,
    or if it is just for versions of Win 8 that came w/ Media Center from the get go.

Spencer Phillips, Oct 9, 2014
  3. Will there be Windows Media Center available in Windows 10

Original title: windows 10 and media center

I now have media center on win 8.1 pro. Will it transfer to win 10, or is all my content going to be lost?

michaelmurphy19, Oct 9, 2014
  4. Windows Media Center win-8.1 on win-10 install

Hi

I saw this problem when I added Media Center, but it also messed up my sound.
    Fortunately I'm making a system image file when I make major changes so I was able to restore to before I did it.

Mike

MikeHawthorne, Oct 9, 2014
  5. Hi,
    That's a darn good policy Mike *Biggrin

ThrashZone, Oct 9, 2014
  6. Yes it is pre beta software so everything is at your own risk. Media center at least worked when it was added (in my case) so it was a good experiment. Looking forward to later versions of the preview.

Indianatone, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows Media Center win-8.1 on win-10 install

1. Windows Media Center win-8.1 on win-10 install - Similar Threads - Media Center install

2. Win 8 upgrade to win 8.1 or 10..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 8 upgrade to win 8.1 or 10..: Hi team.I have an issue with updating from win 8 to. 8.1..or 10.I don't use my notebook that often and only for email, word documents and printing..small browsing and you tube.Don't wanna buy a new machine just yet...I'm running win8 x 64 bit.But want to update the os to a...
  3. Win 8 upgrade to win 8.1 or 10..

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 8 upgrade to win 8.1 or 10..: Hi team.I have an issue with updating from win 8 to. 8.1..or 10.I don't use my notebook that often and only for email, word documents and printing..small browsing and you tube.Don't wanna buy a new machine just yet...I'm running win8 x 64 bit.But want to update the os to a...
  4. Can I install "unsigned" Win 8 driver for monitor on Win 10?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Can I install "unsigned" Win 8 driver for monitor on Win 10?: I have an Asus ProArt PA248Q monitor that is showing as "Generic PnP Monitor" in the Device Manager. I'm trying to update it to the manufacturer drivers but the only one they have is the Win 8 64-bit but whenever I try to update the driver, it tells me it is digitally...
  5. upgrade from win 8 to win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upgrade from win 8 to win 10: hi can I upgrade my win 8 on a tablet samsung Ativ tab3 to win 10 thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-from-win-8-to-win-10/61700be7-585e-4c5c-8493-1a14befff78e
  6. info boot win 7/8 after installation win 10

info boot win 7/8 after installation win 10: hello everyone is from a year or so that I installed windows 10 and I no longer see at startup win 7 and win 8 despite being able to access from local disk c to various folders and files, how can I return to access the previous systems? ciao a tutti da un annetto circa che...
  7. Win 10 Screen not centered.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win 10 Screen not centered.: On Windows 10 my external monitor is not centered. Too far to the left. This appears to be a common issue, but the answers always seem to point to the monitor. Yes, I can adjust the monitor to move the picture over, but every time my screensaver engages, when I come back, the...
  8. win 8 & win 10 won't install on my pc :

win 8 & win 10 won't install on my pc :: i have a costume PC build and every time i try to install win 8 or 10 , its install and after finish the system stake and never work , i try to Chang the hard drive and nothing happened , but win 7 it's work very good my PC spec : i5-4690k 16gb ram gtx 970 MB :...
  9. Win 8 not 8.1 upgrade to win 10?

Win 8 not 8.1 upgrade to win 10?: I have a laptop with win 8 on it it does not have win 8.1 on it, can I use the win 10 mediacreation tool to upgrade win 8 (non 8.1) to win 10? 43418
  10. Laptop had Win 8 and upgraded to Win 10. Can I install a clean Win 10?

Laptop had Win 8 and upgraded to Win 10. Can I install a clean Win 10?: As topic says, friends laptop had Win 8 and he updated to Win 10. Now I wonder if he can install a clean Win 10 through USB with his Win 8 serialkey. 40889