Windows Media Center win-8.1 on win-10 install

Discus and support Windows Media Center win-8.1 on win-10 install in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, Just ran into this and thought I would share, Media Center on Windows 10 Technical Preview Might be something/ might be nothing but Microsoft is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ThrashZone, Oct 9, 2014.

1. ThrashZone Win User

Hi,
    Just ran into this and thought I would share,
    Media Center on Windows 10 Technical Preview
    Might be something/ might be nothing but Microsoft is saying to do a re-install or in-place install to correct the issue *Sad
    Cheers.

:)

ThrashZone, Oct 9, 2014
  2. Spencer Phillips Win User

Media Center in Windows 10

I understand that Media Center will not be in Win 10 and will be replaced with an app for those who had media center in Win 8.1. I had to buy that as an upgrade (just days ago), and wonder if the Win 10 app will install based on the upgrade I purchased,
    or if it is just for versions of Win 8 that came w/ Media Center from the get go.

Spencer Phillips, Oct 9, 2014
  3. michaelmurphy19 Win User
    Will there be Windows Media Center available in Windows 10

Original title: windows 10 and media center

I now have media center on win 8.1 pro. Will it transfer to win 10, or is all my content going to be lost?

michaelmurphy19, Oct 9, 2014
  4. MikeHawthorne Win User

Hi

I saw this problem when I added Media Center, but it also messed up my sound.
    Fortunately I'm making a system image file when I make major changes so I was able to restore to before I did it.

Mike

MikeHawthorne, Oct 9, 2014
  5. ThrashZone Win User
    Hi,
    That's a darn good policy Mike *Biggrin

ThrashZone, Oct 9, 2014
  6. Indianatone Win User
    Yes it is pre beta software so everything is at your own risk. Media center at least worked when it was added (in my case) so it was a good experiment. Looking forward to later versions of the preview.

Indianatone, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Media Center win-8.1 on win-10 install - Similar Threads - Media Center install

2. Halfway this evening Windows Photos lost the export to Instagram option. Why?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Halfway this evening Windows Photos lost the export to Instagram option. Why?: Earlier this evening I shared some of my photos from Windows Photos to Instagram through the share --> instagram option. Now that's gone. It turns out to be impossible to access the Windows Photos app library from the Instagram app, so the other route does not work either. It...
  3. Windows mail

Windows mail: I can't verify my email address to support because I can't open any links https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/windows-mail/26fa4899-ceda-4716-a740-6a91ac3ec452
  4. windows 10 mail app

windows 10 mail app: My windows mail app does not open any links https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/windows-10-mail-app/07ef5d8a-a07f-4cfd-b930-3ff5cbf33e41
  5. Cannot uninstall Snap Attack (Windows 10 store game)

Cannot uninstall Snap Attack (Windows 10 store game): The Snap Attack game (a.k.a. "Wordament Snap Attack") was retired as of May 18, 2018. The game can no longer be played (online or offline) and is no longer available for download. Given this, I see no need to keep it on my system. Operating system: Windows 10 Home...
  6. Windows 10 April Update black screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 April Update black screen: I have a Dell Inspiron 14 3451 laptop with Intel Celeron N2840 processor. Each time i try to upgrade to the April update, my laptop works for a few seconds then the screen turns black. I had to downgrade to the Fall creators update as a result. Is this because of the graphics...
  7. Hp pavilion won't access windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hp pavilion won't access windows 10: Hello i need help my hp Pavilion which cost me a lot of money and i just got it a little over a month ago is telling me that it cant access windows 10 and i have no idea how to fix it and everything ive tried hasnt worked is there any way to contact an employee that can walk...
  8. Uisng windows 10, HP officejet 6968 does not print in color

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Uisng windows 10, HP officejet 6968 does not print in color: The printer makes copies in color. In Windows 10 settings on my HP laptop, there is no option to select color. In "printing preferences" the paper/quality section only gives a an option labelled "print in grayscale"....
  9. Microsoft 10 - blue tooth icon disappeared

Microsoft 10 - blue tooth icon disappeared: My bluetooth icon has disappeared from the Device Manager. I was using a bluetooth mouse for most of the morning and then around 12:30pm PST my mouse started to act flaky. I did updates, but still do not have the option to turn On/Off bluetooth. Perhaps I hit some key...
  10. Windows 10 - Update Done and Touchscreen Driver Apparently gone

Windows 10 - Update Done and Touchscreen Driver Apparently gone: I updated my computer, and was on the phone for 45 minutes with a rep while we reset my entire system. I went into the Device Manager and looked under Human Interface Devices, and apparently my touchscreen driver is missing. Where can I download the touchscreen driver...