Windows Media Center win-8.1 on win-10 install

Discus and support Windows Media Center win-8.1 on win-10 install in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; Hi, Just ran into this and thought I would share, Media Center on Windows 10 Technical Preview Might be something/ might be nothing but Microsoft is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ThrashZone, Oct 9, 2014.

1. ThrashZone Win User

Hi,
    Just ran into this and thought I would share,
    Media Center on Windows 10 Technical Preview
    Might be something/ might be nothing but Microsoft is saying to do a re-install or in-place install to correct the issue *Sad
    Cheers.

:)

ThrashZone, Oct 9, 2014
  2. Spencer Phillips Win User

Media Center in Windows 10

I understand that Media Center will not be in Win 10 and will be replaced with an app for those who had media center in Win 8.1. I had to buy that as an upgrade (just days ago), and wonder if the Win 10 app will install based on the upgrade I purchased,
    or if it is just for versions of Win 8 that came w/ Media Center from the get go.

Spencer Phillips, Oct 9, 2014
  3. michaelmurphy19 Win User
    Will there be Windows Media Center available in Windows 10

Original title: windows 10 and media center

I now have media center on win 8.1 pro. Will it transfer to win 10, or is all my content going to be lost?

michaelmurphy19, Oct 9, 2014
  4. MikeHawthorne Win User

Hi

I saw this problem when I added Media Center, but it also messed up my sound.
    Fortunately I'm making a system image file when I make major changes so I was able to restore to before I did it.

Mike

MikeHawthorne, Oct 9, 2014
  5. ThrashZone Win User
    Hi,
    That's a darn good policy Mike *Biggrin

ThrashZone, Oct 9, 2014
  6. Indianatone Win User
    Yes it is pre beta software so everything is at your own risk. Media center at least worked when it was added (in my case) so it was a good experiment. Looking forward to later versions of the preview.

Indianatone, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows Media Center win-8.1 on win-10 install - Similar Threads - Media Center win

1. How to install Windows Media Center into Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to install Windows Media Center into Windows 10: Hi I cant see this mentioned, but it has been available for about 7 weeks as an unofficial installation Please advise if a heads up is required 28269
  2. Windows Media Center

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Media Center: has anyone been able to install Windows Media Center on the latest 10 Build without dorking Win 10 up*Huh 45749
  3. Task Scheduler and media center

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Task Scheduler and media center: Hi, My monitor keeps turning on in the middle of the night (desktop on 24x7) and I went through the power settings (advanced) and turned off network/keyboard/mouse pwr mgmnt in device manager. It still keeps turning on overnight but I don't know specific time. Under...
  4. Really want to upgrade but I paid $100 extra for media Center

in Windows 10 Support
    Really want to upgrade but I paid $100 extra for media Center: I paid extra about a year ago for Windows Media Center add on for my new computer. I've used MCE since it 1st came out a hundred yrs ago and am 100% happy with it. But I use Win 10 at work and really like it, and would love to upgrade at home but MCE is not supported. I like...
  5. have you installed windows media center on your w10 ?

in Windows 10 Support
    have you installed windows media center on your w10 ?: Hi have you installed windows media center on your windows 10 ? i have windows 10 pro 64bit can i install it for free ? thanks 25582
  6. Microsoft's discontinued Media Center suite can now unofficially...

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft's discontinued Media Center suite can now unofficially...: Windows Media Center was an entertainment system software that originally arrived on Windows XP. After XP, the media suite was subsequently included in Windows Vista and Windows 7. But, when Windows 8 arrived, the suite was no longer included and required a separate purchase....
  7. Windows Media Center Removal in Windows 10 Angers Windows 7/8.1 Users

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Media Center Removal in Windows 10 Angers Windows 7/8.1 Users: Windows 10 is the first modern Windows version that comes without Windows Media Center, with Microsoft deciding to abandon the project completely for this release and instead offer a DVD player in the store. What's surprising, in a bad way, is that this free DVD player...