Windows 10: Windows media center, yeah I know, there are other choices

Discus and support Windows media center, yeah I know, there are other choices in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have TV on my computer since 1998, yep, 17 years. I've tried a few TV cards and a few media centers. After all these years, I finally found the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by kensiko, Aug 2, 2015.

1. kensiko Win User

Windows media center, yeah I know, there are other choices

I have TV on my computer since 1998, yep, 17 years. I've tried a few TV cards and a few media centers.

After all these years, I finally found the best ever solution that worked so flawlessly, HDHomeRun by SiliconDust. It worked really well even on wifi. I've used MediaPortal a few years and it was a lot less fluid than the HDHR with Windows Media Center. This application is so fluid, you press TV and it starts right away without much lag, all that in a really good high definition, even if a bit compressed.

And now this is gone *Mad

Ok I see many solutions. Virtual PC, Kodi, Emby, SichboPVR. So much choice. The other thread suggesting those applications is closed so I needed to start a new one.

Any chance that one of those application will work with my plug&play remotes ? Windows 7 Vista XP Media Center MCE PC Remote Control and Infrared Receiver for Home, Premium and Ultimate Edition: Amazon.ca: Computers Tablets

Windows media center, yeah I know, there are other choices [​IMG]

:)

kensiko, Aug 2, 2015

2. NO Media Center to be Added to windows 10

I did not want to answer that alert during the upgrade to w 10. Anyway it did not give you a choice. without doing anything it continued the upgrade. I use Media Center to view the TV program Guide, record TV and playback. This is not offered with the new
    App. I am thinking I should go back to 8.1 pro.

RobertCaravetta, Aug 2, 2015
  3. Unicorns6 Win User
    WMC in Windows 10

Lets see Media Center an all in one media program. Windws 10 three or four programs to do the same as one Media Center. They are listening yeah right. lol lol

Unicorns6, Aug 2, 2015
  4. kensiko Win User

kensiko, Sep 8, 2015
  5. Joergi Win User
    Joergi, Sep 8, 2015
  6. kensiko Win User
    Tested, application starts fine. Need to test with my HDHomeRun

kensiko, Sep 9, 2015
  7. Superfly Win User
    The guys at MDL have done an excellent job porting the WMC files that were in the Win10 release that still had them and activate it with Win8 files... We were wondering ( or perhaps hoping for the best) why those files were still there for a while, until they got nuked.

PS: It requires legal activation to work properly - it's not an exploit.

Superfly, Sep 9, 2015
  8. artworks Win User

artworks, Sep 10, 2015
  9. wotg Win User
    Are there any compatibility issues with those ebay's after market remote controls in Windows 10 64bit?

10. kensiko Win User
    No, it works perfectly

kensiko, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows media center, yeah I know, there are other choices - Similar Threads - media center yeah

2. WINDOWS MEDIA CENTER

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WINDOWS MEDIA CENTER: WINDOWS MEDIA CENTER https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-center/7ef9a367-cb07-4ff3-9807-5476cb2d7c78
  3. WINDOWS MEDIA CENTER

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WINDOWS MEDIA CENTER: WINDOWS MEDIA CENTER https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-center/7ef9a367-cb07-4ff3-9807-5476cb2d7c78
  4. Window Media Center

in Windows 10 Customization
    Window Media Center: how do i conncet my pc to window media https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-media-center/1eab3dec-0a3e-482a-8ee3-ee4d29a3cf0d
  5. windows media center

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows media center: how to i get the internet tv to work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-center/51d4e124-c330-4adc-ab56-07efefc6d65b
  6. windows media center

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows media center: how do I find the settings for my windows media center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-center/52d1dff5-1b50-42c3-b465-6275ed714b0e
  7. Windows Media Center

Windows Media Center: has anyone been able to install Windows Media Center on the latest 10 Build without dorking Win 10 up*Huh 45749
  8. Windows Media Center

Windows Media Center: Has any one tried installing WMC on build 9926 yet? It wouldn't work on older builds. 3661
  9. Windows Media Center

Windows Media Center: I've just tested and I was able to add Media Center to Windows 10 with my Windows 8 media center key *Party Although my desktop watermark now shows as Windows 8.1 with media center. 1963
  10. Yeah!!!!!!

in Windows 10 Support
    Yeah!!!!!!: I've finally got Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview Build 10074! I like it except for the start menu mod by Brink doesn't work [img] . 5750