Windows 10: Windows Media Centre replacement

Discus and support Windows Media Centre replacement in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; As i will not be getting the windows media centre that i paid extra for in windows 10 i will need a replace it must have: Have channels on same... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by philip, Jul 28, 2015.

1. philip Win User

Windows Media Centre replacement

As i will not be getting the windows media centre that i paid extra for in windows 10 i will need a replace it must have:

Have channels on same numbers as the TV
    Let me record things from the guide (series link)
    Must have at least 7 guide
    Let set up keyword recording (record all programs with keyword in name or description
    Save description with video file
    Recording TV must be able to played back in windows media player (if windows 10 still has it)
    Recording must be able to loading into Windows Movie Maker
    Must able set custom recording (i tell what day(s), time and channel to record)
    Must be able to installed on an offline computer
    Able to set programs all to start and finish by x minutes (even on series record)
    Play DVDs
    Must be free

Would be nice not required:
    Watch live TV/recorded TV over remote desktop contention
    Have the same fill as windows media centre
    Detects a double bill of a program and records them as one recording
    Record the same channel twice (in case a double bill is running late or early)
    Record to channels on same something at same time on turner (i sure read you could do something like that i think on windows 8 forums)
    My money back on windows media centre (do not think that you can do much about this)

:)

philip, Jul 28, 2015
  2. Geethu B Win User

Media Centre's Replacement

Hi Dee,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

As Windows 10 Technical Preview is in developing stage, you may have to wait till Windows 10 Full version releases for information about this issue.

Hope this information helps.

Geethu B, Jul 28, 2015
  3. Geethu B Win User
    Media Centre's Replacement

Hi Dee,

Thank you for the reply.

Windows Media Player will continue to be a part of Windows 10. But Windows Media Center is not part of Windows 10 and won’t be available after upgrading to Windows 10. If you use Windows Media Center, we will alert you during upgrade that Windows Media Center
    is not available on Windows 10. We know that some users use Windows Media Center to play DVDs, and we are providing a free DVD playback app in Windows 10 for Windows Media Center users.

For more information refer to the wiki article created by Andre Da Costa.

Frequently Asked Questions: Windows 10

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Jul 28, 2015
  4. swarfega Win User

I can recommend SichboPVR, not sure it has everything on your list, but its a good start.

swarfega, Jul 28, 2015
  5. philip Win User
    Can not install on a offline pc.

philip, Aug 2, 2015
  6. Andrew87 Win User
    I have been using WMC for a long time so had the same issue as you do. I was looking for something simple and functional, nothing bloated.

NextPVR - Home NextPVR seems to be doing job pretty well. You will need to download some codecs probably, but otherwise it has been pretty simple to set up.

Andrew87, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Media Centre replacement - Similar Threads - Media Centre replacement

2. Unable to upgrade Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Centre to Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to upgrade Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Centre to Windows 10 Pro: HiI recently tried to upgrade Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Centre to Windows 10 Pro and I encountered some problems. The things that I have tried:Downloaded Windows 10 Media Creation Tool to upgrade to Windows 10. I selected to perform an upgrade and the tool displayed an error...
  3. Unable to upgrade Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Centre to Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to upgrade Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Centre to Windows 10 Pro: HiI recently tried to upgrade Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Centre to Windows 10 Pro and I encountered some problems. The things that I have tried:Downloaded Windows 10 Media Creation Tool to upgrade to Windows 10. I selected to perform an upgrade and the tool displayed an error...
  4. Unable to upgrade Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Centre to Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows service centre and action centre issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows service centre and action centre issue: Recently after update ..windows service centre won't run and error message pop and action centre doesnot show on taskbar ...when i visited personalization and then to action centre it is enabled and in grey color ...bu still doesnot show..plz fix this issue...
  6. Windows service centre and action centre issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows service centre and action centre issue: Recently after update ..windows service centre won't run and error message pop and action centre doesnot show on taskbar ...when i visited personalization and then to action centre it is enabled and in grey color ...bu still doesnot show..plz fix this issue...
  7. Windows service centre and action centre issue

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Windows Media Player - help or replace

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Media Player - help or replace: Okay, I know windows media player is no longer supported. I've had this issue for a while. I plug my phone (andriod, motorola) into my PC and windows media player pops up. On the right side of the window it has a picture of an ipod or something, with a yellow arrow and the...
  9. replacement of media player

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    replacement of media player: Media Player is taken away by Microsoft in Win10 I have HP-Pavilion laptop can't play DVD/CD Any free replacement offered offered by MS. Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/replacement-of-media-player/21f831fb-32b7-46b0-bba4-da8576619676
  10. Windows Media Centre and Win 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Media Centre and Win 10: windows media centre is NOT available in win 10 and will be deleted !! Message in my 'your good to go' panel. NOT HAPPY! A few months ago I had a hell of a job getting it back after having paid for it once, and losing it when going from 8 to 8.1. I finally got it back...