Windows 10: Windows Media changed from 15 years ago- can't download music

Discus and support Windows Media changed from 15 years ago- can't download music in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am trying to download some music CDs into my computer and WinMedia appears not to show any ability to do that. I'm prolly just being old but would... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ColinSkelding, Feb 26, 2019.

1. Windows Media changed from 15 years ago- can't download music

I am trying to download some music CDs into my computer and WinMedia appears not to show any ability to do that.

I'm prolly just being old but would someone please list the steps to download a CD into my computer so I can collect a bunch together and play them one after another. (helps me sleep at night)

Thanks

:)

ColinSkelding, Feb 26, 2019

2. New Windows Media Player Plugin for Firefox

Anyone who uses Windows Vista and Mozilla Firefox may be pleased to hear that the Windows Media Player team has now released a plugin for Firefox that should allow the browser to play WMP content on websites. Here are the steps to get it working:
    • Installation of the Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin may require administrative access to your PC. It is recommended that you close all other open browser windows before continuing with the installation.
    • Click the Install button to automatically download and install the Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin.
    • Depending on your security settings, you may see a Security Warning dialog box. Click Install to install the plugin.
    There is a known issue if you are using Firefox version 2.0.0.3 on Windows Vista with the installer failing with error code -203. To work around this simply restart Firefox (you will get a notification that Windows Vista will be changing the Firefox compatibility settings) and then install again - the second time should succeed.

The download is available here, and the new plugin works on all versions of Windows XP and Windows Vista (although it is mostly intended for Vista, as that currently has no WMP support in Firefox).

Source: Windows Vista Blog

Jimmy 2004, Feb 26, 2019
  3. Law-II Win User
    Windows Media Center Live TV Help

Hi

go here - Hauppauge | Page Not Found select "Windows Media Center install" tab

look at - Setting up your TV tuner in Windows 7 Media Center - select download (will open a pdf with screen by screen instructions)
    "Download
    Here is a screen by screen view of the setup of Windows Media Center. It was based on the WinTV-HVR-1600, but the setup with other WinTV-HVR products will be similar."

Follow the guide stage by stage

let the TPU community know at what "step" Media Center gets stuck at Example: step 1, step 2

nb: It may be to do with your zip code and or post code not being entered

In regard to your DVD Rom drive - go to -control panel/device manager/DVD/CD-ROM drives -make a note of the make and model number Example: Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-215D ATA Device - highlight the device you have installed -press right mouse button-select properties-details-property and select Install Date from the drop down list and let us know this.

atb (all the best)

Law-II

Law-II, Feb 26, 2019
  4. Windows Media changed from 15 years ago- can't download music

Windows music media files.

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer to a few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• Are you trying to play the music's directly from the CD?
    • Are you using Windows Media Player to paly the music?
    • Did you try a different player?
    • Did you try copying the songs to a particular folder and checked if the issue persists?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to run Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter and check if that helps to resolve the issue.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Windows Media Player Settings.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Feb 26, 2019
Thema:

Windows Media changed from 15 years ago- can't download music

1. Windows Media changed from 15 years ago- can't download music - Similar Threads - Media changed years

2. I have a laptop that I bought almost 3 years ago and from almost a year I can't update it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a laptop that I bought almost 3 years ago and from almost a year I can't update it: I have a laptop that I bought almost 3 years ago and from almost a year I can't update it and the update setting says that try reopen settings later.I tryed youtube tutorials to solve but still the same error.I also can't use microsoft storegives error....
  3. I have a laptop that I bought almost 3 years ago and from almost a year I can't update it

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I have a laptop that I bought almost 3 years ago and from almost a year I can't update it: I have a laptop that I bought almost 3 years ago and from almost a year I can't update it and the update setting says that try reopen settings later.I tryed youtube tutorials to solve but still the same error.I also can't use microsoft storegives error....
  4. simple ask from 4 years ago

in Windows 10 Gaming
    simple ask from 4 years ago: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/replace-windows-media-player-with-groove-in-the/b487d4a8-931c-416c-bade-7f201a4531ad?messageId=b4682de9-08a2-4a36-b7b8-bf8b18717049...
  5. simple ask from 4 years ago

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    simple ask from 4 years ago: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/replace-windows-media-player-with-groove-in-the/b487d4a8-931c-416c-bade-7f201a4531ad?messageId=b4682de9-08a2-4a36-b7b8-bf8b18717049...
  6. Windows media not playing downloaded music.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows media not playing downloaded music.: To save my vinyl collection I have converted the albums to C D and then loaded them into and been picked up by W M P. However when I try to play the tracks of some Albums W M P refuses to play them whereas other albums play without problem. What can I do to correct this...
  7. How to prevent Mail from downloading thousands of messages from years ago

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to prevent Mail from downloading thousands of messages from years ago: Subject says it all. Mail is downloading old messages from 2005!!! 34,000 of them. How do I stop this insanity. I have a google mail account and I don't see any setting in Google Mail that stops this. I'm not the only one as I see people all over the planet have this...
  8. Can't play downloaded music

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't play downloaded music: I have downloaded music. When I click to play, I get a message "Can't play. We can't find an audio device. Make sure headphones or speakers are connected. For more info, search your device for "Manage audio devices." Computer is an Inspiron 3048, running Windows 10....
  9. MEDIA MUSIC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    MEDIA MUSIC: WHY DOESNT MY MEDIA MUSIC PLAY ON MY FLASH DRIVE ON A 2019 VEHICLE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-music/117aff91-4789-4b63-be8b-8151959d36a9"
  10. Can't Download Music From Youtube

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Download Music From Youtube: I have YTD downloader and I've had had no problems with it before. I'm running windows 10 Pro.32 bit. When I paste the URL and click download, Instead of it downloading it failed appears . Only music audio and music video I can't download. Everything else I'm able...