Windows 10: Windows media control overlay not working properly

Discus and support Windows media control overlay not working properly in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have this issue since I don't even know when I first noticed it. The stuff that comes up when you press volume in some windows programs whereby next... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jerriy, Aug 10, 2020.

1. jerriy Win User

Windows media control overlay not working properly

I have this issue since I don't even know when I first noticed it. The stuff that comes up when you press volume in some windows programs whereby next to the volume there also come media control buttons. My problem is that the buttons are all square blocks. Otherwise they seem to work when you press them (the middle square block for example does what a play/pause button is supposed to do... and so on and so forth).

What on earth is going on and how do I get the actual buttons back?

For clarification here is what it looks like: https://i.imgur.com/ejL3BJo.png

:)

jerriy, Aug 10, 2020
  2. Sasqui Win User

Radeon Overlay not displaying all options

Ok, I got a question. The options to hide the overlay are confusing. What are the steps to turn on the overlay in-game? Not interested in logging much at the moment. Is Alt-R part of turning it on/off?

Sasqui, Aug 10, 2020
  3. Law-II Win User
    Windows Media Center Live TV Help

Hi

go here - Hauppauge | Page Not Found select "Windows Media Center install" tab

look at - Setting up your TV tuner in Windows 7 Media Center - select download (will open a pdf with screen by screen instructions)
    "Download
    Here is a screen by screen view of the setup of Windows Media Center. It was based on the WinTV-HVR-1600, but the setup with other WinTV-HVR products will be similar."

Follow the guide stage by stage

let the TPU community know at what "step" Media Center gets stuck at Example: step 1, step 2

nb: It may be to do with your zip code and or post code not being entered

In regard to your DVD Rom drive - go to -control panel/device manager/DVD/CD-ROM drives -make a note of the make and model number Example: Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-215D ATA Device - highlight the device you have installed -press right mouse button-select properties-details-property and select Install Date from the drop down list and let us know this.

atb (all the best)

Law-II

Law-II, Aug 10, 2020
  4. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Aug 10, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows media control overlay not working properly - Similar Threads - media control overlay

2. Controller not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Controller not working properly: Hi i have an 8bitdo ultimate wired controller been using it for a year, suddenly now i have problem when i play games like fifa and nba the key mapping is changin and the button are changing to ps4 or numbers. I don't why this happened but when i click button a it became...
  3. Controller not working properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Controller not working properly: Hi i have an 8bitdo ultimate wired controller been using it for a year, suddenly now i have problem when i play games like fifa and nba the key mapping is changin and the button are changing to ps4 or numbers. I don't why this happened but when i click button a it became...
  4. Controller not working properly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows media control overlay shortcut to switch between audio sources

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows media control overlay shortcut to switch between audio sources: Hello,I was wondering if there is a shortcut for the media control overlay to switch between audio sources. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-control-overlay-shortcut-to-switch/b501bcee-c25a-4c81-8c2b-d62ef5556aaa
  6. Windows media control overlay shortcut to switch between audio sources

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows media control overlay shortcut to switch between audio sources: Hello,I was wondering if there is a shortcut for the media control overlay to switch between audio sources. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-control-overlay-shortcut-to-switch/b501bcee-c25a-4c81-8c2b-d62ef5556aaa
  7. Windows media control overlay shortcut to switch between audio sources

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Media Key Overlay

Media Key Overlay: Somewhere inside Windows, there must be a way to disable this feature entirely.I have disabled Hardware Media Key Handling like it's described everywhere,I have done this in both Google Chrome and Edge, however, when my phonesystem rings, the overlay is bach - its only gone...
  9. Desktop overlay for media not working on clean install of windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Desktop overlay for media not working on clean install of windows: Basically my windows installation died i reinstalled windows Spotify and chrome it was working but after the 202h update and some security updates the overlay doesn't show tried uninstalling updates Rebooting PC any more suggestion would be appreciated...
  10. Windows Media Player not working properly

Windows Media Player not working properly: While playing any CD in Windows Media Player, it stops playing the song after approximately 3 minutes of play and then it says no disc in drive. Does anyone know how to fix this?...