Windows 10: Windows Media Feature Pack is missing

Discus and support Windows Media Feature Pack is missing in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I am unable to find the Media feature Pack for my buggy OS after spending more than 2 hours. OS: Windows 10 Pro N Version: 1909 OS Build:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Uma Prashad bhattacharyya, Jul 29, 2020.

1. Windows Media Feature Pack is missing

Hi,

I am unable to find the Media feature Pack for my buggy OS after spending more than 2 hours.

Version: 1909

OS Build: 18363.959

As referred by the "Get Help" visited the link :

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14209/get-windows-media-player and exactly followed the steps and ended up having following images:

Windows Media player is not even there:

Windows Media Feature Pack is missing 5fff9253-5dc8-4034-ac00-569f82ad6ad8?upload=true.jpg
    As I an ordinary user account instead of an administrative account, windows kept on asking administrative credentials whenever I clicked on even go back or move forward arrow in apps & features dialog box. It should at least wait for a min before asking credentials over again.

Another document suggested to follow the below steps and there is also did not find the media feature pack:

Windows Media Feature Pack is missing eed12a7e-3e57-4935-8d2f-cd55f472a50c?upload=true.jpg

Can anybody with proper knowledge help me?

I'm so dishearted with Microsoft regarding Windows 10, can't understand why does Microsoft even release a product without checking it over again? sometimes Wifi connection gets turned off, XP style photos are not there, two versions of skype got installed instead of one, after an update Windows media player goes missing, what's going on?

Windows Media player, media feature packs are too essential so that it should come with the OS by default no issues if it's in disabled state. Although I don't use even more buggy crappy windows Media player but the latest media feature pack is needed since then my journey began.

As per some other documents, it suggested me to install some other apps such as following from the microsoft store :

Movies & TV, HEIF Image extensions, VP9 Video extensions

and misfortune followed me over there as well when I tried to launch Movies & TV.
    Windows Media Feature Pack is missing 670047ae-9057-4f4e-ad22-7ef824e43990?upload=true.jpg
    Above mentioned url is not even hyperlinked to be opened automatically, hence required me to manually type the link and found the link is even not there.
    Guys please try to learn Linux, so that you will know about yum and sudo commands, at the time of installing an app it should check the dependencies and resolve it as yum does.

Anyway, I don't know whom to ask for help, even if the get help got the direct link to ask community it'd be even better.
    That's it.

:)

Uma Prashad bhattacharyya, Jul 29, 2020
  2. procras Win User

Problem with Media Feature Pack.

When I follow these steps Media Features are not listed, despite having downloaded and installed the Windows Media Feature Pack! Please help! Can't install GTA: V! Aaaargh!

procras, Jul 29, 2020
  3. Problem with Media Feature Pack.

I seem to be running into similair issues. After the update, features reliant on the Media Pack stopped functioning correctly, so I reinstalled the pack, which did not have any effect. After following your steps, I noticed that the Media Feature Pack was
    not even listed as a feature on my PC. Further help would be highly appreciated!

(Windows 10 Pro N 64-Bit)

Pure Drive GT, Jul 29, 2020
  4. Windows Media Feature Pack is missing

Windows Media Feature Pack not detected

Hi,

The challenge that you are experiencing with Windows Media Feature Pack can occur due to several reasons, such as, an incorrect Media Feature Pack, a corrupted/missing Media Feature Pack, etc. To better assist you, kindly answer the following questions:

• Which version of the Media Feature Pack did you install on your PC?
    • Which version of Windows 10 are you using? To check, kindly type winver on the search bar, then press the
      Enter key. Take a screenshot of the pop-up, and post it here.

We look forward to your response.

Joshua Her1, Jul 29, 2020
Thema:

Windows Media Feature Pack is missing

1. Windows Media Feature Pack is missing - Similar Threads - Media Feature Pack

2. Media Feature Pack Missing Completely

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media Feature Pack Missing Completely: Hello,My name is Logan.Please, read this closely; I'd like to avoid going through a bullet list of solutions I've already tried.My PC is missing the Media Feature Pack. There is no sign of it on my PC, whatsoever.I am using Windows 10 Pro. There is no 'N' or 'NK' tacked onto...
  3. Media Feature Pack Missing Completely

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Media Feature Pack Missing Completely: Hello,My name is Logan.Please, read this closely; I'd like to avoid going through a bullet list of solutions I've already tried.My PC is missing the Media Feature Pack. There is no sign of it on my PC, whatsoever.I am using Windows 10 Pro. There is no 'N' or 'NK' tacked onto...
  4. Media Feature Pack missing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media Feature Pack missing?: Hello, I am running on a custom built Windows 10 home. Everything was working fine until one day my "Windows Media Feature Pack" goes missing and I have no way of downloading it since the download is reserved for Windows 10N users. It is gone from the "optional features" tab...
  5. Media Feature Pack missing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Media Feature Pack missing?: Hello, I am running on a custom built Windows 10 home. Everything was working fine until one day my "Windows Media Feature Pack" goes missing and I have no way of downloading it since the download is reserved for Windows 10N users. It is gone from the "optional features" tab...
  6. Media Feature Pack

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Media Feature Pack: I have an issue with Media Feature Pack not installing on my laptop,Before replying or saying it is a duplicate, please read the following carefully1. I tried to install it from Optional Features, it load like 30%, it freeze in that zone for a while, then it fails2. I already...
  7. Media Feature Pack

in Windows 10 Customization
    Media Feature Pack: Can someone send me download link for 'Media Feature Pack' for Windows 10 Enterprise N verision 1909 OS Build 18363.1082. I tried downloading it from optional features and it is not working, i tried everything i can and it is still not working. And i tried finding it online...
  8. Media feature pack

in Windows 10 Customization
    Media feature pack: Hi, So I have been having this issue with some games and when I have looked up to resolve said issue all recommendations have been oh you just need to download Media features pack from you're settings in optional features. But when I go to optional features and click on add...
  9. Windows N Edition Media Feature Pack is missing!

Windows N Edition Media Feature Pack is missing!: I have gone to apps/optional features/add feature but there is no media feature pack feature! I need to play devil may cry 5 but you are preventing me! I feel threatened! Your incompetence is causing me distress and I will hurt myself! I have autism and OCD! I need to fix...
  10. Media feature pack for Windows is missing despite installation?

Media feature pack for Windows is missing despite installation?: Today I got GTA V for free in the Epicgames Store, after installation I wanted to start the game but the error message : Missing mv.dll etc was there. I wanted to download the Media feature packet but I had already activated it, also in Apps & features etc. Media feature...