Windows 10: Windows Media Feature Pack

Discus and support Windows Media Feature Pack in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I cannot install WMFP. I am attempting to install PS4 Remote Play. During my attempts at installation, the wizard will inform me that it is unable to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by HobFoote, Jul 2, 2020.

1. HobFoote Win User

Windows Media Feature Pack

I cannot install WMFP.

I am attempting to install PS4 Remote Play. During my attempts at installation, the wizard will inform me that it is unable to continue til my computer is up to the most recent update and WMFP is installed.

I was sure my computer was up to date and proceeded to download WMFP. I selected my version as 1909, 64bit, and directly opened the program from the FireFox download manager. When that didn't work, I tried a full download to my download directory and attempted again. Each time I get a message saying that WMFP is not applicable to my computer.

I attempted an install of the 32bit version to troubleshoot, knowing that sometimes there can be weird 32/64bit compatibility things that happen. No luck. I also tried the other versions - 1809, 1803, 1709 - just to see. Still no luck. When researching, I found that WMFP is usually for compatibility with an "N" or "KN" system. So far as I can see, I do not have such a version, which, to me, seems odd. *Edit: I am running W10Pro Standard Version

After another Google search, I found a possible solution on this forum: Settings->Apps->Programs & Features upper right, link->Turn Windows Features On or Off left side, link->Scroll to "Media Features" and ensure it is checked. It is on my computer. As an aside, I have complete Admin access to my whole system, so there should be nothing hidden from me when clicking "Media Features" admin only link.

More Google searching has shown me screen shots of this window from other users. This brings me to what may be the issue: I have a Media Features folder, and it is checked, but I do not have any sub-folders nested under it, such as Windows Media Player, like others show. I unchecked the box and hit ok; the settings updated. I reattempted installation of all above programs, which didn't work, as you can imagine. I then went back and re-checked the box next to "Media Features" and hit ok; they were now updated again to being active.

Is my system recognizing the Parent Folder and saying I must not need the update? I couldn't find a directory for this "Folder" anywhere, so I was unable to test if deleting it would allow reinstallation. Is this possible?

I also see that I have an update from 1909 to 2004 available. However, I have not seen any WMFP's for 2004, and so it seems an update to 2004 would be a useless troubleshooting step.

If anybody has any info on this I would be most appreciative.

PS - I should note that I do have the "Movies & TV" default windows app.

:)

HobFoote, Jul 2, 2020
  2. procras Win User

Problem with Media Feature Pack.

When I follow these steps Media Features are not listed, despite having downloaded and installed the Windows Media Feature Pack! Please help! Can't install GTA: V! Aaaargh!

procras, Aug 5, 2020
  3. Problem with Media Feature Pack.

I seem to be running into similair issues. After the update, features reliant on the Media Pack stopped functioning correctly, so I reinstalled the pack, which did not have any effect. After following your steps, I noticed that the Media Feature Pack was
    not even listed as a feature on my PC. Further help would be highly appreciated!

(Windows 10 Pro N 64-Bit)

Pure Drive GT, Aug 5, 2020
  4. John Sarc Win User

Windows 10 Home - Media Feature Pack

Hi Adam,

There is a big possibility that the version of the Media Feature Pack
    that you're downloading is not compatible with the current version of your Windows. Let's try to check first your Windows version. See the steps below on how to do so:

• Press Windows key, then type in winver.
    • A pop-up box will show up containing your Windows version.
    • Send us a screenshot.

In the meantime, here are the Media Feature Pack for different Windows version:

Let us know which of the given links works.

John Sarc, Aug 5, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows Media Feature Pack - Similar Threads - Media Feature Pack

2. Media Feature Pack

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Media Feature Pack: I have an issue with Media Feature Pack not installing on my laptop,Before replying or saying it is a duplicate, please read the following carefully1. I tried to install it from Optional Features, it load like 30%, it freeze in that zone for a while, then it fails2. I already...
  3. Media Feature Pack

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Media Feature Pack: I have an issue with Media Feature Pack not installing on my laptop,Before replying or saying it is a duplicate, please read the following carefully1. I tried to install it from Optional Features, it load like 30%, it freeze in that zone for a while, then it fails2. I already...
  4. Media Feature Pack

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media Feature Pack: Can anyone tell me that how can i install media feature pack for windows version 20h2os build 19042.1446?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-feature-pack/84560820-d2ba-466b-9bcc-05bede13d9b5
  5. Media Feature Pack

Media Feature Pack: Can anyone tell me that how can i install media feature pack for windows version 20h2os build 19042.1446?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-feature-pack/84560820-d2ba-466b-9bcc-05bede13d9b5
  6. Media Feature Pack

Media Feature Pack: Can someone send me download link for 'Media Feature Pack' for Windows 10 Enterprise N verision 1909 OS Build 18363.1082. I tried downloading it from optional features and it is not working, i tried everything i can and it is still not working. And i tried finding it online...
  7. Media Feature Pack

in Windows 10 Customization
    Media Feature Pack: Can someone send me download link for 'Media Feature Pack' for Windows 10 Enterprise N verision 1909 OS Build 18363.1082. I tried downloading it from optional features and it is not working, i tried everything i can and it is still not working. And i tried finding it online...
  8. Media Feature Pack

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media Feature Pack: I need to install the Media Feature Pack for my version of windows 10 in order to play a game on my PC. Download Windows 10 Media Feature Pack microsoft.comMedia Feature Pack list for Windows N editions microsoft.comI have a Windows 10 home Version 21H1 and none of the media...
  9. Media feature pack

in Windows 10 Customization
    Media feature pack: Hi, So I have been having this issue with some games and when I have looked up to resolve said issue all recommendations have been oh you just need to download Media features pack from you're settings in optional features. But when I go to optional features and click on add...
  10. Media Feature pack

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Media Feature pack: The media feature pack is essential for an operating system. Why don't Microsoft is putting their pack with the installation. There are a few people who don't find any pack in the optional feature list. zerowtech.com...