Windows 10: Windows Media Features turned on and no Media player . Not an "N" Version

Discus and support Windows Media Features turned on and no Media player . Not an "N" Version in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am trying to install Icloud for Windows 10 and it need the media player to work. I am not a "N" Version but a standard Windows 10 Pro on a Surface... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by HamishLaw, Jan 8, 2019.

1. HamishLaw Win User

Windows Media Features turned on and no Media player . Not an "N" Version

I am trying to install Icloud for Windows 10 and it need the media player to work.
    I am not a "N" Version but a standard Windows 10 Pro on a Surface Pro 4.

Version 1809.

I have checked in Windows Features and the Media Features has been ticked. I have done all the permutations of ticking and un-ticking with multiple restarts and still no Media Player.

I have also unselected the Media features, downloaded the N Version of the media pack and tried to load that. Still no luck.

Does anybody have any suggestions?

:)

HamishLaw, Jan 8, 2019

2. HELP! Windows Media Player Problem

http://support.microsoft.com/KB/243621

that covers up to version 10... let me see if its diffrent for the newer versions

EDit:

here is how to clear the frequent list.
    http://www.blogsdna.com/4086/how-to...edia-player-12-frequent-list-in-windows-7.htm

and here is how to clear the history
    http://www.downloadatoz.com/essenti...ar-the-windows-media-player-12-history_g.html

and from the last link is the same error where you can just disable it too =)

THRiLL KiLL, Jan 8, 2019
  3. Media player

Hi,

For us to isolate the issue further, we’d like to know the following:

• What is the version of your Windows Media Player?
    • Did you get any error message? If yes, kindly specify.
    In the meantime, I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the
    Windows Media player
    . Here are the steps how to:

• Press Win button + R on your keyboard.
    • In the text box, type Control.
    • On the left pane, click Turn Windows features on or off option to see Windows Features window.
    • Expand Media Feature list, then uncheck Windows Media Player box. It will give a prompt message;
      this will also turn of Windows Media Center click yes as you will need
      to reinstall it after.
    • Reboot PC.
    • You need to reinstall Windows Media Player. Open Windows Features, tick the Windows Media Player and Windows Media Center, then install it from there.

Let us know how it goes.

Sherry Bel, Jan 8, 2019
  4. Windows Media Features turned on and no Media player . Not an "N" Version

Windows Media Player

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to try running the system troubleshooter and check.

Method 1: Run the troubleshooter.

• Press Windows + X key.
    • Go to Control panel.
    • In the search box, type Troubleshooter
      and then click Troubleshooting.
    • Click on Programs.
    • Under Media player, Click on Windows media player
      and run the troubleshooter.

Method 2: Disable able Windows Media Player.

If still the issue persists, then try disabling and enabling Windows Media Player under Windows Features and check if it helps.

Follow the steps provided below to disable Windows Media Player.

• In the search box, type "Turn Windows features On or Off".
    • Click on "Turn Windows features On or Off".
    • Browse to the Media Features and uncheck the mark in front of Windows Media Player.
    • Restart the computer

To enable Windows Media Player after restarting the computer, follow the below steps:

• Go to Start and in the search type "Turn Windows features On or Off".
    • Click on "Turn Windows features On or Off".
    • Browse to the Media Features and check the box in front of Windows Media Player.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further information, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jan 8, 2019
Thema:

Windows Media Features turned on and no Media player . Not an "N" Version

1. Windows Media Features turned on and no Media player . Not an "N" Version - Similar Threads - Media Features turned

2. Can't install Media Feature Pack for N versions of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't install Media Feature Pack for N versions of Windows 10: Hi there, Thanks for taking your time to read this post Recently I tried to install Media Feature Pack for N versions of Windows 10, I'm runningWindows 10 Pro N for Workstations x64 version 20H2 Windows is up to date with updates When running the installation of Media...
  3. Media Player And Media Feature Pack

in Windows 10 Customization
    Media Player And Media Feature Pack: I have Windows 10 Pro N ,OS Build 19041.1 and when i download Media Feature Pack and Media Player from windows apps- optional features - add a feature it says "Install Failed" What should i do ?...
  4. Media Feature Pack for N and KN versions

Media Feature Pack for N and KN versions: i am using on a laptop an official win pro 10 N -version 1803- build 17134.765 it seems after downloading several installments that the program is installed ,somewhere hidden/ behind, and i do need to activate windows media player in settings but where?...
  5. Media Feature Pack for N versions of Windows 10 Build 1903

Media Feature Pack for N versions of Windows 10 Build 1903: Hi Everyone I had Windows 10 Edition Enterprise Build 1809 and upgraded to Windows 10 Edition Enterprise Build 1903, but there were programs and more online sites with the error message that I did not install the Windows Media Feature Pack. I visited the site, but I did not...
  6. Difficulty Installing Media Features Pack [Windows Media Player] In Windows 10 Pro N

Difficulty Installing Media Features Pack [Windows Media Player] In Windows 10 Pro N: Hello, I have an HP laptop that I bought in America with Windows 10, currently running Windows 10 Pro N after the hard drive crashed with my license while I was in England. The biggest change in usage I have noticed is that now, when I connect my iPhone to my computer by...
  7. version of Windows media player

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    version of Windows media player: How do I find out which version of media player I have? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/version-of-windows-media-player/6605e875-2834-422f-8fec-d430213ae538
  8. Error Installing Media Feature Pack for N versions of Windows 10

Error Installing Media Feature Pack for N versions of Windows 10: We are trying to install the Media Feature Pack for N versions of Windows 10, we are currently running Windows 10 Education x64 (version 1803 (OS Build 17134.165)). The PC is also up to date with updates. When trying to install the Media Feature Pack - Version 1803 (April...
  9. Installing Media Player / feature on Enterprise N 2016 LTSB

in Windows 10 Support
    Installing Media Player / feature on Enterprise N 2016 LTSB: Hi, I am trying to install Windows Media Player / Features on Windows 10 Enterprise N 2016 LTSB. I did the following: 1. Downloaded the installer from the following link and installed: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down....aspx?id=48231 Nothing happened...
  10. Windows 10 N version upgrade... Where's the Media Feature Pack?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 N version upgrade... Where's the Media Feature Pack?: So W10 is out, yet the Media Feature Pack isn't. In case you don't know, the Media Feature Pack is what brings back Windows Media Player to Windows N versions. For example, here's W8.1's download page: Download Media Feature Pack for N and KN versions of Windows...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. turn on media features no media player