Windows 10: Windows media installation reboots my PC every time

Discus and support Windows media installation reboots my PC every time in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So I'm trying to fix this problem for a long time, but this is becoming ridiculous. I got a new laptop, and after 3 months Windows is already... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by lucutes, Mar 29, 2020.

1. lucutes Win User

Windows media installation reboots my PC every time

So I'm trying to fix this problem for a long time, but this is becoming ridiculous. I got a new laptop, and after 3 months Windows is already failing...

Anyways, whenever I download the 1909 update or use the media installation, and then run them, it reboots my computer EVERY TIME. My laptop is all good, ran all of the diagnosis that I could ever find, no problems, except that Windows can't update itself anymore...

:)

lucutes, Mar 29, 2020

2. New Windows Media Player Plugin for Firefox

Anyone who uses Windows Vista and Mozilla Firefox may be pleased to hear that the Windows Media Player team has now released a plugin for Firefox that should allow the browser to play WMP content on websites. Here are the steps to get it working:
    • Installation of the Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin may require administrative access to your PC. It is recommended that you close all other open browser windows before continuing with the installation.
    • Click the Install button to automatically download and install the Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin.
    • Depending on your security settings, you may see a Security Warning dialog box. Click Install to install the plugin.
    There is a known issue if you are using Firefox version 2.0.0.3 on Windows Vista with the installer failing with error code -203. To work around this simply restart Firefox (you will get a notification that Windows Vista will be changing the Firefox compatibility settings) and then install again - the second time should succeed.

The download is available here, and the new plugin works on all versions of Windows XP and Windows Vista (although it is mostly intended for Vista, as that currently has no WMP support in Firefox).

Source: Windows Vista Blog

Jimmy 2004, Mar 29, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Mar 29, 2020
  4. Law-II Win User

Windows Media Center Live TV Help

Hi

go here - Hauppauge | Page Not Found select "Windows Media Center install" tab

look at - Setting up your TV tuner in Windows 7 Media Center - select download (will open a pdf with screen by screen instructions)
    "Download
    Here is a screen by screen view of the setup of Windows Media Center. It was based on the WinTV-HVR-1600, but the setup with other WinTV-HVR products will be similar."

Follow the guide stage by stage

let the TPU community know at what "step" Media Center gets stuck at Example: step 1, step 2

nb: It may be to do with your zip code and or post code not being entered

In regard to your DVD Rom drive - go to -control panel/device manager/DVD/CD-ROM drives -make a note of the make and model number Example: Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-215D ATA Device - highlight the device you have installed -press right mouse button-select properties-details-property and select Install Date from the drop down list and let us know this.

atb (all the best)

Law-II

Law-II, Mar 29, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows media installation reboots my PC every time - Similar Threads - media installation reboots

2. Every time I launch gears 5 it crashes and forces my pc to reboot.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Every time I launch gears 5 it crashes and forces my pc to reboot.: Every time I launch gears 5 it crashes and forces my pc to reboot. I don't know what the problem is. This YouTube video shows exactly what is happening to me. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0GwV6daVjs&t=3s&ab_channel=ZheFeng...
  3. Every time I launch gears 5 it crashes and forces my pc to reboot.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Every time I launch gears 5 it crashes and forces my pc to reboot.: Every time I launch gears 5 it crashes and forces my pc to reboot. I don't know what the problem is. This YouTube video shows exactly what is happening to me. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0GwV6daVjs&t=3s&ab_channel=ZheFeng...
  4. my pc in recent times reboots suddenly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my pc in recent times reboots suddenly: Hello everyone, my pc in recent times reboots suddenly and I can not understand why. I don't use the partition with Windows very much, so I don't know when and how it started. I can tell you that even with Linux sometimes reboots, but not as frequent as with Windows. I...
  5. my pc in recent times reboots suddenly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my pc in recent times reboots suddenly: Hello everyone, my pc in recent times reboots suddenly and I can not understand why. I don't use the partition with Windows very much, so I don't know when and how it started. I can tell you that even with Linux sometimes reboots, but not as frequent as with Windows. I...
  6. Every time I reboot...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Every time I reboot...: Every single time I reboot, my laptop resets itself to the default Windows 10 settings and logs me out of OneDrive, I have to set up my Outlook accounts all over again, I have to change all of my default apps, etc.Help, I'm going crazy with this....
  7. Every time I reboot windows 10 issue.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Every time I reboot windows 10 issue.: When I get windows updates or have to reboot my pc it looks like my profile is reset. What I mean by this is that I start outlook and it asks me to re-enter my password considering that the remember password is check in the outlook configuration. Also same issue with one...
  8. After windows installation media rebooted the PC, It said it needed to be repaired, and...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    After windows installation media rebooted the PC, It said it needed to be repaired, and...: I just built a computer, and whenever I try to install windows, it claims that a file is missing, and in diskpart, my drive shows up as 0 bytes free. This happened with 2 different drives, and has worked before, only to fail later. Any help would be appreciated!...
  9. PC Reboots every night?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC Reboots every night?: A computer on our group reboots every night. The group policy is set to disable automatic updates (also I don't think there are nightly updates). There isn't anything in the power settings set to reboot or anything, no scheduled task I can find. It is set to not go to...
  10. Windows Displays Wrong time after every reboot

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Displays Wrong time after every reboot: Hi there, I just got a new laptop, the setup went smoothly and mostly everything works correctly, except for one thing. The clock displays time exactly 6 hours ahead of my local time. I've changed the time zone to the correct time zone and it seems to display the proper...