Windows 10: Windows Media Overlay causing fullscreen game to flicker on and off.

Discus and support Windows Media Overlay causing fullscreen game to flicker on and off. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Recently I have been having this issue where whenever I use my dedicated media controls on my headset or keyboard while playing a Fulls creen game or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by aakarsh06, Jan 2, 2021.

1. aakarsh06 Win User

Windows Media Overlay causing fullscreen game to flicker on and off.

Recently I have been having this issue where whenever I use my dedicated media controls on my headset or keyboard while playing a Fulls creen game or watching a fulls creen youtube video the screen flickers once when the overlay pops up and then flickers again when the overlay disappears. I tried disabling full screen optimizations for all my full screen games but that just gets rid of the overlay completely which is not something I want. I want to be able to check whats playing on spotify or youtube etc. While playing a full screen game. Just cant seem to understand why my screen flickers when I play or pause media.

:)

aakarsh06, Jan 2, 2021
Thema:

Windows Media Overlay causing fullscreen game to flicker on and off.

1. Windows Media Overlay causing fullscreen game to flicker on and off. - Similar Threads - Media Overlay causing

2. Disabling the Windows 10 overlays at top and bottom of fullscreen game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disabling the Windows 10 overlays at top and bottom of fullscreen game: Help, i searched whole internet to get info on how to disable these litlle blue boxes that activate taskbar and topbar*i dont know real name* https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disabling-the-windows-10-overlays-at-top-and/6020fbde-a32a-4bf2-85f0-1b8d51d27b95
  3. Disabling the Windows 10 overlays at top and bottom of fullscreen game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disabling the Windows 10 overlays at top and bottom of fullscreen game: Help, i searched whole internet to get info on how to disable these litlle blue boxes that activate taskbar and topbar*i dont know real name* https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disabling-the-windows-10-overlays-at-top-and/6020fbde-a32a-4bf2-85f0-1b8d51d27b95
  4. flickering while playing game on fullscreen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    flickering while playing game on fullscreen: hello, I got this flickering issue when I play full screen in every game, I use intel hd 4600 and I look at my display refresh rate it's say 59,790 hz and on intel hd display it say 60 hz...
  5. flickering while playing game on fullscreen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    flickering while playing game on fullscreen: hello, I got this flickering issue when I play full screen in every game, I use intel hd 4600 and I look at my display refresh rate it's say 59,790 hz and on intel hd display it say 60 hz...
  6. flickering while playing game on fullscreen

7. Screen flickering when playing fullscreen games

Screen flickering when playing fullscreen games: Hi, I'm currently having this problem with most of my games. The problems occurs with Ironsight D3D9 game, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare but somehow, the problems doesn't occur with CS:GO and Valorant. I've installed the latest Intel HD 4600 driver that is compatible with my...
  8. Screen flickering when playing fullscreen games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen flickering when playing fullscreen games: Hi, I'm currently having this problem with most of my games. The problems occurs with Ironsight D3D9 game, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare but somehow, the problems doesn't occur with CS:GO and Valorant. I've installed the latest Intel HD 4600 driver that is compatible with my...
  9. Screen flickering when playing fullscreen games

10. Screen flickers while playing games in fullscreen

Screen flickers while playing games in fullscreen: This has been an issue for months now, and I've tried many different fixes such as updating my graphics drivers and regularly restarting my computer, but it's all been to no avail. When I'm not in fullscreen, the issue is nonexistent. I have no idea what it could be at this...