Windows 10: Windows Media Overlay fails to display artwork in volume overlay only

Discus and support Windows Media Overlay fails to display artwork in volume overlay only in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; As you can see below, the volume overlay fails to display the artwork embedded in the music file, but somehow manages to display it on the lock... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Kunal M.A., Oct 6, 2020.

1. Windows Media Overlay fails to display artwork in volume overlay only

As you can see below, the volume overlay fails to display the artwork embedded in the music file, but somehow manages to display it on the lock screen's control overlay. The issue with the volume overlay is seen everywhere in the system, and only manages to display it on repeated looping of the file.

Windows Media Overlay fails to display artwork in volume overlay only [​IMG]

It has been a long-time issue, and it pisses me off a lot but I recently noticed this lock screen glitch, which could be seen as suitable evidence for the problem. I have changed devices and reset my OS several times in the past for different reasons, and every time managed to end up on this problem.

:)

Kunal M.A., Oct 6, 2020
  2. Sasqui Win User

Radeon Overlay not displaying all options

Ok, I got a question. The options to hide the overlay are confusing. What are the steps to turn on the overlay in-game? Not interested in logging much at the moment. Is Alt-R part of turning it on/off?

Sasqui, Oct 7, 2020
  3. Windows volume & brightness overlay slider missing

I cannot see the volume slider overlay and brightness slider overlay on top left of screen when i press the designated buttons on my laptop keyboard.

Brightness and volume actions work but cannot see the overlay for some reason. even tried recent update of windows and restarting the services and even disabling the device in device manager.

Any help will be appreciated

thank you

Arafath164, Oct 7, 2020
  4. Windows Media Overlay fails to display artwork in volume overlay only

Radeon Overlay not displaying all options

The performance overlay works great in game and I'm impressed with the ReLive recording quality.

Windows Media Overlay fails to display artwork in volume overlay only radeon-overlay-jpg.jpg

It's the Alt+R desktop panel overlay that isn't showing the correct (Performance and Chill) items still, which is a tad puzzling.

EDIT
    Scratch that!
    According to AMD's overview '
    Radeon Overlay In-Game menu provides two additional choices, which are:
    • Performance Monitoring
    • Radeon Chill
    So those two options only appear in-game. Apologies for leading people astray.

Splinterdog, Oct 7, 2020
Thema:

Windows Media Overlay fails to display artwork in volume overlay only

1. Windows Media Overlay fails to display artwork in volume overlay only - Similar Threads - Media Overlay fails

2. Media Key Overlay

in Windows 10 Customization
    Media Key Overlay: Somewhere inside Windows, there must be a way to disable this feature entirely.I have disabled Hardware Media Key Handling like it's described everywhere,I have done this in both Google Chrome and Edge, however, when my phonesystem rings, the overlay is bach - its only gone...
  3. Abnormal behaviour on Windows Media Overlay

Abnormal behaviour on Windows Media Overlay: Greetings,My issue is as follows: Using media keys to control one source works as expected in most applications , excluding Spotify , where it only pops up if there is no focus on that window. However , when using multiple sources there seems to be a variety of issues.First...
  4. Windows Media Overlay & FPS drops

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Media Overlay & FPS drops: Apologies if this is the wrong place! Recently (as of an update or two ago) I’m having an issue related to the windows media overlay (the rectangle in the top left when using the media keys that shows volume, now playing). It seems that for some reason whenever this...
  5. Is there any way to get rid of media/volume overlay?

Is there any way to get rid of media/volume overlay?: Is there any way to get rid of media/volume overlay that pops up when I turn volume knob on my media keyboard? It is driving me nuts, just pops up there and cock blocks me from doing what I want for 20 seconds. submitted by /u/Ikkepop [link] [comments]...
  6. Volume and media overlay is missing

Volume and media overlay is missing: Contrary to popular opinion, I use my media overlay a lot. I really like it. After a recent restart of my computer, it disappeared. The volume change buttons as well as the brightness ones still work, the overlay is just gone. Google has told me that most people have this...
  7. Windows media overlay isn't showing

Windows media overlay isn't showing: I used Iobit's driver booster to fix my audio problem, except it led to disabling the media overlay. It now bothers me that I can't pause or use my media keys for my music. Does anyone know how to bring it back? I tried disabling and enabling my sound drivers, but that didn't...
  8. Volume media overlay is displaying this and it won't go away...

Volume media overlay is displaying this and it won't go away...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/MatthewTheManiac [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jjal9f/volume_media_overlay_is_displaying_this_and_it/
  9. Volume Bar Overlay

Volume Bar Overlay: Hi, How can I remove this? I don't always need to know the exact number that the volume is on, I can tell by using my ears that it is too loud or quiet at that particular moment. Thanks. [ATTACH]...
  10. overlay

overlay: its actually two questions I just bought a new comp it cam with win 1o don't like it can I install 8 or 7 over it 2. I thought micro came out with a fix just to change windows 10 desk top back to the old style <Moved from Windows Insider forum>...