Windows 10: Windows media overlay isn't showing

Discus and support Windows media overlay isn't showing in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I used Iobit's driver booster to fix my audio problem, except it led to disabling the media overlay. It now bothers me that I can't pause or use my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/crack3rman147, Nov 3, 2020.

1. Windows media overlay isn't showing

I used Iobit's driver booster to fix my audio problem, except it led to disabling the media overlay. It now bothers me that I can't pause or use my media keys for my music. Does anyone know how to bring it back? I tried disabling and enabling my sound drivers, but that didn't work. Desperate for a solution here

submitted by /u/crack3rman147
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/crack3rman147, Nov 3, 2020

2. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Nov 3, 2020
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Radeon Overlay not displaying all options

Ok, I got a question. The options to hide the overlay are confusing. What are the steps to turn on the overlay in-game? Not interested in logging much at the moment. Is Alt-R part of turning it on/off?

Sasqui, Nov 3, 2020
  4. Sasqui Win User

Windows media overlay isn't showing

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Nov 3, 2020
Thema:

Windows media overlay isn't showing

1. Windows media overlay isn't showing - Similar Threads - media overlay isn't

2. Media Key Overlay

in Windows 10 Customization
    Media Key Overlay: Somewhere inside Windows, there must be a way to disable this feature entirely.I have disabled Hardware Media Key Handling like it's described everywhere,I have done this in both Google Chrome and Edge, however, when my phonesystem rings, the overlay is bach - its only gone...
  3. Abnormal behaviour on Windows Media Overlay

Abnormal behaviour on Windows Media Overlay: Greetings,My issue is as follows: Using media keys to control one source works as expected in most applications , excluding Spotify , where it only pops up if there is no focus on that window. However , when using multiple sources there seems to be a variety of issues.First...
  4. Windows Media Overlay & FPS drops

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Media Overlay & FPS drops: Apologies if this is the wrong place! Recently (as of an update or two ago) I’m having an issue related to the windows media overlay (the rectangle in the top left when using the media keys that shows volume, now playing). It seems that for some reason whenever this...
  5. Desktop overlay for media not working on clean install of windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Desktop overlay for media not working on clean install of windows: Basically my windows installation died i reinstalled windows Spotify and chrome it was working but after the 202h update and some security updates the overlay doesn't show tried uninstalling updates Rebooting PC any more suggestion would be appreciated...
  6. Windows media overlay with MS teams or any app!

Windows media overlay with MS teams or any app!: Hello! I've followed posts like https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-the-volume-media-overlay-banner/a456e7f3-4811-4278-b6e5-48ce7f9f9072 and...
  7. Volume and media overlay is missing

Volume and media overlay is missing: Contrary to popular opinion, I use my media overlay a lot. I really like it. After a recent restart of my computer, it disappeared. The volume change buttons as well as the brightness ones still work, the overlay is just gone. Google has told me that most people have this...
  8. Windows Media Overlay fails to display artwork in volume overlay only

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Media Overlay fails to display artwork in volume overlay only: As you can see below, the volume overlay fails to display the artwork embedded in the music file, but somehow manages to display it on the lock screen's control overlay. The issue with the volume overlay is seen everywhere in the system, and only manages to display it on...
  9. Windows media control overlay not working properly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows media control overlay not working properly: I have this issue since I don't even know when I first noticed it. The stuff that comes up when you press volume in some windows programs whereby next to the volume there also come media control buttons. My problem is that the buttons are all square blocks. Otherwise they...
  10. Is There an Option to Move The Spotify Media Overlay?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is There an Option to Move The Spotify Media Overlay?: I honestly Don't mind the overlay. I actually like it, but it covers the screen while I'm watching a video or playing games. Is there an option to move it to my second monitor? I know there is an option to completely remove it, and that's it but I wanna keep it. It'd be nice...