Windows 10: windows Media play

Discus and support windows Media play in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; when I try to play music using the windows media player it shows that its playing but no sound. I get sound when I get email but no sound comes out of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by LisaRodriquez, Jul 28, 2020.

1. windows Media play

when I try to play music using the windows media player it shows that its playing but no sound. I get sound when I get email but no sound comes out of the media player no sound comes from any of my music that I have saved on my hard drive and it will not play a disk that I bought with prerecorded music. I have played before but now no sound.

:)

LisaRodriquez, Jul 28, 2020

2. Faulty Windows Media Player

Windows Mesdis Player developed a fault (Played jerky an missed bits) so I down loaded Media Player 10.

It's no better. Any suggestions (I run Windows 98)

christieau, Jul 28, 2020
  3. Bree Win User
    Remove Play with Windows Media Player Context Menu in Windows 10  

Choose Default Apps in Windows 10 Windows 10 Apps Features Tutorials

Step 1. Open with > choose another app

windows Media play [​IMG]

Step 2, click More apps

Step 3. scroll down to the bottom of the list to find Look for another app on this PC

Step 4. browse and find Windows Media Player wmplayer.exe then click Open

4. Yaqub K Win User

windows Media play

windows media player

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

What is the exact error message you get when you to try play files on Windows Media Player?

I suggest you to run both Windows Media Player Library and Settings troubleshooter and check.

Step 1: If your computer is having problems playing video or audio files in Windows Media Player, try using the Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter to fix the problem. The troubleshooter checks the configuration and network settings
    for Windows Media Player to make sure that you can play content you've downloaded and saved to your computer, or content streaming over a network or the Internet.

Steps to run Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter are as follows:

• Press Windows key + X and select Control Panel.
    • In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click
      Troubleshooting.
    • Click View all, and then click Windows Media Player Settings
      and follow the instructions.

Step 2: If your computer is having problems accessing your collection of digital media files in the Windows Media Player Library, try using the Windows Media Player Library troubleshooter to fix the problem. The troubleshooter makes sure
    Windows Media Player is correctly installed on your computer, and checks to see whether your Player Library is corrupted.

Steps to run Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter are as follows:

• Press Windows key + X and select Control Panel.
    • In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click
      Troubleshooting.
    • Click View all, and then click Windows Media Player Library
      and follow the instructions.

Please reply us on the status of the issue to assist you further.

Yaqub K, Jul 28, 2020
Thema:

windows Media play

1. windows Media play - Similar Threads - Media play

2. Windows media Player can't play MP4 files. HEVC Video Extensions not supported by Windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows media Player can't play MP4 files. HEVC Video Extensions not supported by Windows...: Windows media Player can't play MP4 files. HEVC Video Extensions not supported by Windows 11. What to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player-cant-play-mp4-files-hevc/489ead5d-7b82-4ecf-ba57-032a4ae53490
  3. Windows media Player can't play MP4 files. HEVC Video Extensions not supported by Windows...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows media Player can't play MP4 files. HEVC Video Extensions not supported by Windows...: Windows media Player can't play MP4 files. HEVC Video Extensions not supported by Windows 11. What to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player-cant-play-mp4-files-hevc/489ead5d-7b82-4ecf-ba57-032a4ae53490
  4. Quick Settings Media Controls not updating and matching currently playing media in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quick Settings Media Controls not updating and matching currently playing media in Windows 11: I don't know why this keeps happening but for some reason, the quick settings isn't displaying the currently playing media that Spotify is showing. There is something wrong with the quick controls as the Moderflyouts app reports it correctly and on Windows 10, the audio...
  5. Quick Settings Media Controls not updating and matching currently playing media in Windows 11

Quick Settings Media Controls not updating and matching currently playing media in Windows 11: I don't know why this keeps happening but for some reason, the quick settings isn't displaying the currently playing media that Spotify is showing. There is something wrong with the quick controls as the Moderflyouts app reports it correctly and on Windows 10, the audio...
  6. XAVC file is not playing in Windows media player

in Windows 10 Gaming
    XAVC file is not playing in Windows media player: I purchased HEVC Video Extensions and I tried playing the 4k videos. It's not working.Is there anything I am missing.How to install HEVC Video Extensions in Windows media player to play the files.Please provide detailed steps to install and start playing the XAVCfiles...
  7. XAVC file is not playing in Windows media player

XAVC file is not playing in Windows media player: I purchased HEVC Video Extensions and I tried playing the 4k videos. It's not working.Is there anything I am missing.How to install HEVC Video Extensions in Windows media player to play the files.Please provide detailed steps to install and start playing the XAVCfiles...
  8. Media Player won't play avi files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media Player won't play avi files.: I can play "avi" files from my SSD just fine, but not from an SDHC or USB device. When I try "Media Player" or Dell's "Power Media Player" both take a LONG time to start and then don't move through the file. Files are 5.6MB on an 8GB SDHC card. There are numerous files, all...
  9. Media Player won't play avi files.

Media Player won't play avi files.: I can play "avi" files from my SSD just fine, but not from an SDHC or USB device. When I try "Media Player" or Dell's "Power Media Player" both take a LONG time to start and then don't move through the file. Files are 5.6MB on an 8GB SDHC card. There are numerous files, all...
  10. windows 10 Media Player lists and plays album tracks out of order

windows 10 Media Player lists and plays album tracks out of order: I had a problem with one album that has 11 tracks. Originally I had 10 of the tracks ripped, but then I realized the 11th one was missing, so I ripped that one separately, probably using a different app. Then I had all 11 tracks, but despite all their metadata seeming to be...