Windows 10: Windows Media Player 12 on Windows 10 Home

Discus and support Windows Media Player 12 on Windows 10 Home in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Have an irksome little issue that I'm wondering about concerning Media Player. I was doing some housekeeping of music files in my Media Player... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Pan Demic, Jan 13, 2020.

1. Pan Demic Win User

Windows Media Player 12 on Windows 10 Home

Have an irksome little issue that I'm wondering about concerning Media Player. I was doing some housekeeping of music files in my Media Player library, downloaded songs and some tracks that I'd slapped together myself, entering song details etc., and in the middle of doing this, MP stopped allowing me to add pictures to the "album art" thumbnail in the songs' entry in the MP library. Usually, you can right-click on the thumb for the track/album which is blank if it's a custom track and will have the option to "paste album art" listed among others. Well, that option just disappeared, even if I'd already copied a pic I wanted to use and had it waiting on deck in the clipboard, no joy. As I said, I was in the middle of updating tracks' info and had already done this very thing for a couple of songs. I didn't change any settings for MP - I don't know what happened. Any theories?

:)

Pan Demic, Jan 13, 2020

2. HELP! Windows Media Player Problem

http://support.microsoft.com/KB/243621

that covers up to version 10... let me see if its diffrent for the newer versions

EDit:

here is how to clear the frequent list.
    http://www.blogsdna.com/4086/how-to...edia-player-12-frequent-list-in-windows-7.htm

and here is how to clear the history
    http://www.downloadatoz.com/essenti...ar-the-windows-media-player-12-history_g.html

and from the last link is the same error where you can just disable it too =)

THRiLL KiLL, Jan 13, 2020
  3. Faulty Windows Media Player

Windows Mesdis Player developed a fault (Played jerky an missed bits) so I down loaded Media Player 10.

It's no better. Any suggestions (I run Windows 98)

christieau, Jan 13, 2020
  4. Windows Media Player 12 on Windows 10 Home

New Windows Media Player Plugin for Firefox

Anyone who uses Windows Vista and Mozilla Firefox may be pleased to hear that the Windows Media Player team has now released a plugin for Firefox that should allow the browser to play WMP content on websites. Here are the steps to get it working:
    • Installation of the Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin may require administrative access to your PC. It is recommended that you close all other open browser windows before continuing with the installation.
    • Click the Install button to automatically download and install the Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin.
    • Depending on your security settings, you may see a Security Warning dialog box. Click Install to install the plugin.
    There is a known issue if you are using Firefox version 2.0.0.3 on Windows Vista with the installer failing with error code -203. To work around this simply restart Firefox (you will get a notification that Windows Vista will be changing the Firefox compatibility settings) and then install again - the second time should succeed.

The download is available here, and the new plugin works on all versions of Windows XP and Windows Vista (although it is mostly intended for Vista, as that currently has no WMP support in Firefox).

Source: Windows Vista Blog

Jimmy 2004, Jan 13, 2020
Thema:

Windows Media Player 12 on Windows 10 Home

1. Windows Media Player 12 on Windows 10 Home - Similar Threads - Media Player Home

2. Windows Media Player 12

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Media Player 12: How do I set windows media player as the default DVD Player? When ever I play a DVD it opens ClipChmp. How do I change that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player-12/91ba6939-5bdb-4fd6-a536-aeace737c972
  3. Windows 10 - Media Player 12

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 - Media Player 12: Cannot burn disc's or upload due to this message running most of the time "Retrieving media info for an unknown album" I have uninstalled and reinstalled, turned off features restarted.....I have done everything and done it right. Nothing works. I have even deleted unknown...
  4. Windows 10 - Media Player 12

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 - Media Player 12: Cannot burn disc's or upload due to this message running most of the time "Retrieving media info for an unknown album" I have uninstalled and reinstalled, turned off features restarted.....I have done everything and done it right. Nothing works. I have even deleted unknown...
  5. Windows 10 - Media Player 12

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. windows media player 12

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows media player 12: Running windows 10, how to I stop my external HD from rapidly working every time I open windows media player 12 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player-12/7f9cc332-6e1e-42a0-9970-55d0f3b1b43f
  7. Windows Media Player 12

Windows Media Player 12: Hello would love some help with this I moved to windows 10 just the other day set it all up everthing was fine till windows installed the update to version 1809, ever since then WMP12 will not load, habe unistalled and reinstalled but still no joy have read a few site's and...
  8. Windows Media Player 12

Windows Media Player 12: I have a new computer with Windows 10 pre-installed on it, have had MANY MANY problems, one of the biggest is with the Media Player which would NOT burn cd's for me. I finally just "uninstalled" it completely, been trying both iTunes and just direct burning via my dvd rw...
  9. Media Player 12 For Windows 10

Media Player 12 For Windows 10: Somehow over the weekend, all the music on my computer was converted from wma to cda files and will no longer play. Even if I try to play a CD, Media Player shows the songs as cda files and will not play them. I have 2 computers, 1 for my photography and my writings, the...
  10. windows media player 12

windows media player 12: can someone tell me why windows media player 12 wont play youtube video's, it plays the audio side but not the video of it.. I had windows media player 11 in before the windows 10 update and now media player wont play the videos only audio.. need help here... 14082

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows media player for windows 10 home

2. is windows media player available for windows 10 home

3. installing windows media player 12 on windows 10 home

4. windows media player on windows 10 home