Windows 10: Windows Media player 12 showing duplicate files

Discus and support Windows Media player 12 showing duplicate files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I just set up Media player to stream to my home system. Apparently, when I transferred my music files from my old computer to this one, I ended up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JamesH., Mar 26, 2021.

1. JamesH. Win User

Windows Media player 12 showing duplicate files

I just set up Media player to stream to my home system. Apparently, when I transferred my music files from my old computer to this one, I ended up with two copies of my music folder. Now, when I look through my songs, I see two copies of each one. I renamed one of the folders and made sure that it wasn't listed under my library locations, but all of the songs still show up even though I moved the folder to a different directory. Short of deleting the folder, how can I get Media player to stop showing these files.

:)

JamesH., Mar 26, 2021

2. HELP! Windows Media Player Problem

How to delete the recent play list from Windows Media Player

that covers up to version 10... let me see if its diffrent for the newer versions

EDit:

here is how to clear the frequent list.
    http://www.blogsdna.com/4086/how-to...edia-player-12-frequent-list-in-windows-7.htm

and here is how to clear the history
    http://www.downloadatoz.com/essenti...ar-the-windows-media-player-12-history_g.html

and from the last link is the same error where you can just disable it too =)

THRiLL KiLL, Mar 26, 2021
  3. Joan Pin Win User
    Windows Media Player location for duplicate removal

Hi Ron,

The Windows Media Player supports common media file types. To find its location in Windows 10, click
    here.

To delete duplicate files in the Windows Media Player, follow these steps:

• Gather the media files. Press the Alt key to show the hidden menu bar, then select
      File > Manage Libraries > Music.
    • You’ll see the default location on the screen. Add new folders containing all the media files. Once you’ve added them, click
      OK.
    • Click the Title column head. This will rearrange all the media items in ascending manner.
    • Right-click a duplicate media file, then choose Open file location. Delete the file from File Explorer.

Get back to us should you need further assistance.

Joan Pin, Mar 26, 2021
  4. Dann Ave Win User

Can't play mjpeg files Windows Windows Media Player 12

Please uninstall Windows Media Player 12:

• Press Windows key and X.
    • Select Programs and Features.
    • On the left side pane, select Turn Windows features on or off.
    • Browse to the Media Features and uncheck Windows Media Player.
    • Reboot the computer.

To reinstall Windows Media Player, repeat steps 1 to 3, then put a check on
    Windows Media Player
    and reboot.

Let us know if it works for you.

Dann Ave, Mar 26, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows Media player 12 showing duplicate files - Similar Threads - Media player showing

2. Windows Media Player 12

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Media Player 12: How do I set windows media player as the default DVD Player? When ever I play a DVD it opens ClipChmp. How do I change that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player-12/91ba6939-5bdb-4fd6-a536-aeace737c972
  3. windows media player 12

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows media player 12: Running windows 10, how to I stop my external HD from rapidly working every time I open windows media player 12 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player-12/7f9cc332-6e1e-42a0-9970-55d0f3b1b43f
  4. Duplicate Files everywhere in Media Player

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Duplicate Files everywhere in Media Player: How can I delete all the duplicate audio files in my Media Player? I have the library where its pulling from one location and I still have a bunch of duplicates. Is there an app to download that'll remove the duplicate files??...
  5. media player 12

media player 12: Why does windows media player 12 only show my pictures for a brief moment when I try to view them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-player-12/353aba39-5e4c-4aee-af58-893f54ac8410"
  6. Windows Media Player 12

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Media Player 12: Hello would love some help with this I moved to windows 10 just the other day set it all up everthing was fine till windows installed the update to version 1809, ever since then WMP12 will not load, habe unistalled and reinstalled but still no joy have read a few site's and...
  7. Windows Media Player 12

Windows Media Player 12: I have a new computer with Windows 10 pre-installed on it, have had MANY MANY problems, one of the biggest is with the Media Player which would NOT burn cd's for me. I finally just "uninstalled" it completely, been trying both iTunes and just direct burning via my dvd rw...
  8. Media player duplicates

Media player duplicates: Hey tech heads I need help I recently reformatted my hdd and used a recovery programme to dig up old deleted music files and restore them I've downloaded them to my one drive account but when I open media player I have duplicate some are triplicate so I used a de dupe...
  9. media player 12

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    media player 12: up until last Wednesday my media player was working now I cant open my media player 12 in windows 10 the following problem comes up "cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet" can you solve this problem for me please Ray...
  10. windows media player 12

windows media player 12: can someone tell me why windows media player 12 wont play youtube video's, it plays the audio side but not the video of it.. I had windows media player 11 in before the windows 10 update and now media player wont play the videos only audio.. need help here... 14082