Windows 10: Windows Media Player 64-bit

Discus and support Windows Media Player 64-bit in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; To use the 64-bit Windows Media Player rather than the 32-bit WMP, I install the Local Subtitles for WMP (Local Subtitles for WMP download |... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by bamajon1974, Jan 19, 2021.

1. Windows Media Player 64-bit

To use the 64-bit Windows Media Player rather than the 32-bit WMP, I install the Local Subtitles for WMP (Local Subtitles for WMP download | SourceForge.net) and it has a feature for switching to the 64-bit version of WMP, which I keep installed but not often used. The Local Subtitles does launch WMP 64-bit, likely in a similar fashion to the method in this old website (How to Set 64-Bit Windows Media Player 12 (WMP12) As Default Player << My Digital Life). However, not all keys in the registry point to WMP 64-bit.

Question....what do the following keys do and do they need to be modified to point to WMP 64-bit? By modify, I mean change the Program Files (x86) to Program files to point to WMP 64-bit

I am very sure these two keys need to be changed:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\mplayer2.exe
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\mplayer2.exe

I am fairly sure these keys need to be modified
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\DLNA-PLAYSINGLE\shell\open\command
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\MMS\shell\open\command
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\WMP11.AssocProtocol.DLNA-PLAYSINGLE\shell\open\command
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\WMP11.AssocProtocol.MMS\shell\open\command

I don't know what these keys do and wonder if they need to be changed too.
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\MuiCache
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Setup\CreatedLinks
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Multimedia\DirectXMedia
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Multimedia\DirectXMedia
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Multimedia\WMPlayer
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Multimedia\WMPlayer

Thanks!

:)

bamajon1974, Jan 19, 2021

2. Faulty Windows Media Player

Windows Mesdis Player developed a fault (Played jerky an missed bits) so I down loaded Media Player 10.

It's no better. Any suggestions (I run Windows 98)

christieau, Jan 19, 2021
  3. windows media player 64 bit

my current media player says that is corrupt, is there a 64 bit free download because I can only find a player for 32 bit?

RobertFreund1, Jan 19, 2021
  4. Windows Media Player 64-bit

THRiLL KiLL, Jan 19, 2021
Thema:

Windows Media Player 64-bit

1. Windows Media Player 64-bit - Similar Threads - Media Player bit

2. Windows Media player , Windows 7 Pro.64 bit

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Media player , Windows 7 Pro.64 bit: I can't seem to get my Windows media player to allow drag and drop to make a playlist to sync to my MP3 player. I have done the uninstall nd reinstall procedure but it will work the first time but not on subsequenttries on different cd's. also if I try to sync another cd to...
  3. Windows Media player , Windows 7 Pro.64 bit

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Media player , Windows 7 Pro.64 bit: I can't seem to get my Windows media player to allow drag and drop to make a playlist to sync to my MP3 player. I have done the uninstall nd reinstall procedure but it will work the first time but not on subsequenttries on different cd's. also if I try to sync another cd to...
  4. 64 bit windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    64 bit windows: I have a 64bit-operating system but I'm only running 32bit windows, i need help updating that please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/64-bit-windows/ada1af53-122b-4522-80ee-e3206056ca73
  5. Windows Media Player - User 64-bit version by default

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Media Player - User 64-bit version by default: My goal is to enable the use of 64-bit version of Windows Media Player (WMP) by default. Apparently, this process involves more than just changing the shortcuts in desktop, start menu and taskbar to reference mplayer2.exe in Programs Files directory, the location of 64-bit...
  6. 64-bit Windows not running 64-bit applications

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    64-bit Windows not running 64-bit applications: I have a 64-bit PC, and I want to run an application, but everytime I do so it tells me that it can't run on my PC. I've tried running the troubleshooter, compatability mode, running as admin, and nothing works. I've been at this for a few hours now. Any suggestions would be...
  7. 64-bit Windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    64-bit Windows: I'd like to verify if my hardware can support the 64-bit Windows 10. What should I check? If I have a valid Windows install, will there be an issue with the Microsoft account if I reinstall with the 64-bit ISO as long as my hardware supports it? thanks...
  8. Reliable MP4 player for Windows 10 pro 64 bit

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Reliable MP4 player for Windows 10 pro 64 bit: Is anything available from MS itself. I have not been happy with third party providers for this sort of thing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reliable-mp4-player-for-windows-10-pro-64-bit/58eaaeae-1828-476e-9f46-3c8aa36b35ff
  9. How to set 64 bit Windows media player as the default player on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to set 64 bit Windows media player as the default player on Windows 10: There is both 32 bit and 64 bit version on the system. I am wondering how to make the 64 bit version as the default... I tried to talk to Microsoft agents..... They are very terrible. Do NOT acknowledge that they do not know how to do. Just end the session by themselves...
  10. Old Media Player problem on Windows 10 64-bit home edition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Old Media Player problem on Windows 10 64-bit home edition: I have a 3-disk set of music CD. When I try to rip the music on the 3rd CD it thinks that it is the first CD. Media player lists the first CD songs, but will play the 3rd CD. The songs are listed as the ones on the first CD. How do I convince Media Player to rip the third CD...