Windows 10: Windows Media Player and Groove disappears with no error when trying to play any media file...

Discus and support Windows Media Player and Groove disappears with no error when trying to play any media file... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi all,For some reason, my Windows Media Player opens fine, I can browse my playlists and my music in the library. I can get to settings.But as soon as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by PeterSuk, Jul 14, 2021.

1. PeterSuk Win User

Windows Media Player and Groove disappears with no error when trying to play any media file...

Hi all,For some reason, my Windows Media Player opens fine, I can browse my playlists and my music in the library. I can get to settings.But as soon as I attempt to play any media file; Windows Media Disappears from screen with no error and doesn't play said media.I have tried the following:a Removed Windows Media Player from the features list, rebooted, re-added, rebooted again. Tried but still the same outcome.b I then wondered if my anti-virus AVAST free or Malwarebytes were possibly the cause. Temp disabled those and nope, still the same issue.c I then did a bit of googling and tried

:)

PeterSuk, Jul 14, 2021
  2. Try3 Win User

Windows media player

Perhaps that 16th file is defective. Try right-click, Open with and choose Groove or indeed any other media player.

Denis

3. Yaqub K Win User
    windows media player

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

What is the exact error message you get when you to try play files on Windows Media Player?

I suggest you to run both Windows Media Player Library and Settings troubleshooter and check.

Step 1: If your computer is having problems playing video or audio files in Windows Media Player, try using the Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter to fix the problem. The troubleshooter checks the configuration and network settings
    for Windows Media Player to make sure that you can play content you've downloaded and saved to your computer, or content streaming over a network or the Internet.

Steps to run Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter are as follows:

• Press Windows key + X and select Control Panel.
    • In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click
      Troubleshooting.
    • Click View all, and then click Windows Media Player Settings
      and follow the instructions.

Step 2: If your computer is having problems accessing your collection of digital media files in the Windows Media Player Library, try using the Windows Media Player Library troubleshooter to fix the problem. The troubleshooter makes sure
    Windows Media Player is correctly installed on your computer, and checks to see whether your Player Library is corrupted.

Steps to run Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter are as follows:

• Press Windows key + X and select Control Panel.
    • In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click
      Troubleshooting.
    • Click View all, and then click Windows Media Player Library
      and follow the instructions.

Please reply us on the status of the issue to assist you further.

Yaqub K, Jul 14, 2021
  4. Windows Media Player and Groove disappears with no error when trying to play any media file...

THRiLL KiLL, Jul 14, 2021
Thema:

Windows Media Player and Groove disappears with no error when trying to play any media file...

1. Windows Media Player and Groove disappears with no error when trying to play any media file... - Similar Threads - Media Player Groove

2. When I tried to play a music file in Windows Media Player, the song I tried to play...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I tried to play a music file in Windows Media Player, the song I tried to play...: When I tried to play a music file in Windows Media Player, the song I tried to play displayed the message "media changing". What is this referring to? I suspect it is changing song formants from the "old" Windows Media Player to Windows Media Player Legacy.Also, many of the...
  3. Media player Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media player Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the...: Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file.What to do ?...
  4. Media player Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Media player Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the...: Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file.What to do ?...
  5. Windows Media Player disappears with no error when trying to play any media file windows 10

Windows Media Player disappears with no error when trying to play any media file windows 10: Hi all,For some reason, my Windows Media Player opens fine, I can browse my playlists and my music in the library. I can get to settings.But as soon as I attempt to play any media file; Windows Media Disappears from screen with no error and doesn't play said media.I have...
  6. Media Player wont play ANY video files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Media Player wont play ANY video files: Plays music files but not video file No error message, no warning windows, nothing. Player just goes away and thats it. Fresh install of Windows 10 x64. Downloaded and installed directx files as usual. Event viewer shows - System - Provider [ Name] Application...
  7. Windows Media Player encounted an error playing file

Windows Media Player encounted an error playing file: I have downloaded all my cd's into Windows Media Player. I now find that I am unable to play any of them as an error message comes up saying 'Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file' can anyone help me solve the problem as I have now sold my CD...
  8. VLC Media Player or any media player won't play DVD

VLC Media Player or any media player won't play DVD: So I am going to tell you about this, when I was trying to open a DVD on a third-party media player, it doesn't play. I tried VLC, but it doesn't play without an error, while I tried it on 5KPlayer, but it has the same issue as VLC, then, I tried it on MPC-HC, but it said...
  9. media player 'groove music'

media player 'groove music': hello. I've downloaded 5 audio tracks (MP3). I can turn on the loop for each track but how do I get it to play each track one after the other and then loop back to track one? 36644
  10. only media player and groove music dont play audio

only media player and groove music dont play audio: only media player and groove music don't play audio, other apps play mp3 and wav. ( MP and MG plays noises *Sad ) how i fix this ? i have IDT High Definition Audio CODEC 12900