Windows 10: Windows Media Player and WMA files

Discus and support Windows Media Player and WMA files in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a large number of WAV and WMA files on external storage. I am new to Windows Media Player on Windows 10, so some of the following may see... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MatthewArmshaw, Sep 10, 2018.

1. Windows Media Player and WMA files

I have a large number of WAV and WMA files on external storage. I am new to Windows Media Player on Windows 10, so some of the following may see rudimentary. I have researched WAV/WMA and the net seems to imply that WAV does not support metadata in the form of file details, and that WMA does. However, after including the external files in the Music library in WMP and updating album information, WAV has created a subdirectory named .thumbnail for each album that contains the album art for that album. When I tried this with my WMA files, WMP shows the correct album art but has not created a .thumbnail directory for each album. I would like to have the album art in the .thumbnail directory for my WMAs, because these are the only files I will put on my Samsung Media Player to save space. Is there anyway to "embed" or attach the album art for WMAs directly to each album directory so I can have the album art anywhere where I store the album directory?

Thanks,

Matt Armshaw

:)

MatthewArmshaw, Sep 10, 2018

2. Download WMA File to Windows Media Player.

Unable to download a WMA File to Windows Media Player. WMP "HELP" is unable to offer any suggestion. I am trying to change a WMA file to MP3.

I'm not too bright, but will appreciate any suggestions.

P.JeromeRoach, Sep 10, 2018
  3. auntiebk Win User
    wma files in Explorer, don't show in Windows Media Player Library

Upgraded from 64-bit Win 7 pro to Win 10 v1607 build 14393.693.
    .wma files associated with windows media player 11 (32 bit?).
    Files show in Windows Explorer under users\[username]\Music.
    User has full rights to folder and subs
    In Windows Explorer, doubleclicking file plays any song using Windows Media Player.
    But launching Windows Media Player, and opening Library shows only one song.
    In Explorer, the song's artist is 6th in a long list and that album has 10 songs.

Have tried removing the library and re-adding it. No luck.

Thanks in advance!

auntiebk, Sep 10, 2018
  4. auntiebk Win User

Windows Media Player and WMA files

wma files in Explorer, don't show in Windows Media Player Library

Tried to add folders under manage library but they do not show in WMA.
    How can I examine tags?

Many thanks.

Windows Media Player and WMA files [​IMG]

auntiebk, Sep 10, 2018
Thema:

Windows Media Player and WMA files

1. Windows Media Player and WMA files - Similar Threads - Media Player WMA

2. WMA file extension in MEDIA PLAYER

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WMA file extension in MEDIA PLAYER: I used to be able to play my music files extension WMA and recently, MEDIA PLAYER has stopped supporting the WMA file extensions.Is there anyway that I can get the WMA music files to play?[ couldn't find a category to post this - please move if required ]...
  3. WMA file extension in MEDIA PLAYER

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WMA file extension in MEDIA PLAYER: I used to be able to play my music files extension WMA and recently, MEDIA PLAYER has stopped supporting the WMA file extensions.Is there anyway that I can get the WMA music files to play?[ couldn't find a category to post this - please move if required ]...
  4. can I convert songs already in windows media player from wma to mp3?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can I convert songs already in windows media player from wma to mp3?: Can I convert songs already in my windows media player library, from wma to mp3. They will not transfer to my new MP3 player. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-convert-songs-already-in-windows-media/d1c3dde6-f0dd-4d62-a62e-1925ee29da4f
  5. can I convert songs already in windows media player from wma to mp3?

can I convert songs already in windows media player from wma to mp3?: Can I convert songs already in my windows media player library, from wma to mp3. They will not transfer to my new MP3 player. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-convert-songs-already-in-windows-media/d1c3dde6-f0dd-4d62-a62e-1925ee29da4f
  6. is there a way to play old WMA files on windows 10 Windows Media Player ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    is there a way to play old WMA files on windows 10 Windows Media Player ?: Have old WMA files that played successfully on Windows Vista. When I copy them tp my Windows 10 PC I cannot open them with Windows Media Player or Groove or any other music players. I would like to be able to play them and/or convert them to MP3 files but have found...
  7. Windows Media Player converting wma files to mp3

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Media Player converting wma files to mp3: I have a lot of old wma music files from an older computer that died years ago. I moved the files to my new computer but I am unable to convert them to mp3 files because of wma license on the previous computer. If I am success they will not play on what ever device I put...
  8. WMA Files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WMA Files: I have been with Microsoft O/S's since Basic was a paper tape. All through the DOS Years and into the Windows generations. When the first Windows Media Player became available I took the opportunity to convert all my albums, 8-Tracks, Cassette tapes and eventually CDs to the...
  9. wma files wont play on windows media player

wma files wont play on windows media player: bought a new pc with windows 10 and windows media player and now I cant play my windows media audio files on windows media player. support accessed my computer and couldn't fix the problem.. Now I have years worth of music and other files I cant use. its a joke when windows...
  10. wma files in Explorer, don't show in Windows Media Player Library

wma files in Explorer, don't show in Windows Media Player Library: Upgraded from 64-bit Win 7 pro to Win 10 v1607 build 14393.693. .wma files associated with windows media player 11 (32 bit?). Files show in Windows Explorer under users\[username]\Music. User has full rights to folder and subs In Windows Explorer, doubleclicking file...