Windows 10: Windows media player cant play my beat midi files

Discus and support Windows media player cant play my beat midi files in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; can some one help me with this problem i cant make more beats because of this problem and i already downloaded a K-lite codec pack since i watched it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Yowkaii00420, May 29, 2021.

1. Windows media player cant play my beat midi files

can some one help me with this problem i cant make more beats because of this problem and i already downloaded a K-lite codec pack since i watched it on youtube but nothing happens : so pls help me guys ! Thanks in advance ! ;

:)

Yowkaii00420, May 29, 2021

2. WIndows Media Player Cannot Play Midi Files

Hi,

I have a Lenovo Ideapad 510 running Windows 10, which I bought a few months ago. I've noticed a problem whenever I try to play a midi file on Windows Media Player. Whenever I attempt to play the file I get an error message with the following text:

"Windows Media Player cannot play the file because there is a problem with your sound device. There might not be a sound device installed on your computer, it might be in use by another program, or it might not be functioning properly."

For context, the files which I'm trying to play are some Midi files on Wikipedia which are examples of various musical intervals (Example: File:Perfect octave on C.mid - Wikipedia). These files worked perfectly fine on my previous laptop,
    which ran Windows 7.

To double check to make sure it was a problem on my end, and not the files, I tried to play one of the built in midi files located in C:\Windows\Media. This resulted in the exact same error message.

I assume that I'm missing the proper driver to play these files, but I don't know which driver I would need to install, or how to properly install it.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Charlie.

Charles Saroff, May 29, 2021
  3. Midi files not playing

Hello,

I have a problem about playing the midi files;Windows Media Player always sends me this message when i open any midi file : "Windows Media Player cannot play the file because there is a problem with your sound device. There might not be a sound device
    installed on your computer, it might be in use by another program, or it might not be functioning properly.
    "

I tried reinstalling the sound device and updating it but its the same.Also, this problem is not limited to WMP but also the midi sequencer apps.

I have Windows 8.1 on laptop HP Elitebook 844p.

My driver is IDT High Definition.

N.P. : Windows media player can play most other media files without a problem (mp3, mp4, wav...)

Thanks.

Areeg Ghonaim, May 29, 2021
  4. Windows media player cant play my beat midi files

Win 10 Pro with IE11 will not play Midi and Mp3 WEB site files

As a workaround, we suggest that you download the files and use Windows Media Player with the right codec package installed. To do that, you may refer to the support link below:

Let us know how it goes.

Jeraldine Ase, May 29, 2021
Thema:

Windows media player cant play my beat midi files

1. Windows media player cant play my beat midi files - Similar Threads - media player cant

2. WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER CAN'T PLAY FILES

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER CAN'T PLAY FILES: WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER CAN'T PLAY FILES AND NO ART WORK https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player-cant-play-files/f372ab07-9022-438c-b994-e47ad2750a0f
  3. Media player Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media player Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the...: Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file.What to do ?...
  4. Media player Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the...

Media player Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the...: Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file.What to do ?...
  5. cant play DRM music on media player

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant play DRM music on media player: cant play drm on media player https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-play-drm-music-on-media-player/835f0448-712a-427b-a08c-855188da894c
  6. cant play DRM music on media player

cant play DRM music on media player: cant play drm on media player https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-play-drm-music-on-media-player/835f0448-712a-427b-a08c-855188da894c
  7. Windows Media Player cannot play the file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Media Player cannot play the file: Hello all. I was recording duration of 2 hours then happened Power outage, so i couldn't play that video, is there any solution https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player-cannot-play-the-file/2ff40864-133a-4ce4-9f2c-3d64721c11a2
  8. Problem playing file on Windows Media Player

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem playing file on Windows Media Player: I was sent private audio files of the type name.cda which Windows Media Player plays fine from the CD sent to me but will not play the same files when I download them to my hard disk. How do I fix this? Can Windows Media Player upload them to my hard disk? Thank you....
  9. Windows Media Player won't play any MIDI file, but Foobar 2000 and games will

Windows Media Player won't play any MIDI file, but Foobar 2000 and games will: Here's an oddity. On my main desktop computer, I cannot, somehow, play any MIDI file, whether from C:\Windows\Media or from games, like 3D Space Cadet Pinball or some other game in Windows Media Player. The games or another program, Foobar 2000, can and will play said files...
  10. Windows Media Player cannot play the file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Media Player cannot play the file: Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file....