Windows 10: Windows media player causing hard drive trotting...

Discus and support Windows media player causing hard drive trotting... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, after installing Windows media player 12 on Windows 10. When launching this software i have my disk run nearly 100% for 6 minutes. What the hell is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Kurunglu, Jun 16, 2020.

1. Kurunglu Win User

Windows media player causing hard drive trotting...

Hi, after installing Windows media player 12 on Windows 10. When launching this software i have my disk run nearly 100% for 6 minutes. What the hell is it ??? A simple program to play musics by Microsoft not even tested... Windows... Windows... If linux was compatible with the videos games i sure go on it. Thanks...

:)

Kurunglu, Jun 16, 2020
  2. KomouPoji Win User

Windows 10 Media Player will not save music data populated fron external hard drive???

Hi Day,

To assist you further, let me ask you:

• Did you disconnects the external hard drive or is it connected all the time?
    • What exactly do you mean by populated?
    • Are you referring to media player library/playlist?
    If it is about library and the external hard drive is connected all the time, I would suggest you to run Media player settings troubleshooter and media player library troubleshooter.

Follow these steps:

1. Press Windows key + X and select Control panel.

2. In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click troubleshooting.

3. Click View all, Click Windows Media player Settings and then media player library troubleshooter.

I hope the information is helpful and if you need any other assistance on windows, we’ll be glad to help you.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Jun 16, 2020
  3. Faulty Windows Media Player

Windows Mesdis Player developed a fault (Played jerky an missed bits) so I down loaded Media Player 10.

It's no better. Any suggestions (I run Windows 98)

christieau, Jun 16, 2020
  4. Windows media player causing hard drive trotting...

THRiLL KiLL, Jun 16, 2020
Thema:

Windows media player causing hard drive trotting...

1. Windows media player causing hard drive trotting... - Similar Threads - media player causing

2. how to get music From hard drive to rip into media player??

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to get music From hard drive to rip into media player??: I have win 10, updated today [oct. 23, 2022].I have a number of songs saved on an external heard drive [actually serval hard drives].For some reason, these songs have NOT sync/installed into my library in media player.I have media player set to rip automatically [from CDs]...
  3. how to get music From hard drive to rip into media player??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to get music From hard drive to rip into media player??: I have win 10, updated today [oct. 23, 2022].I have a number of songs saved on an external heard drive [actually serval hard drives].For some reason, these songs have NOT sync/installed into my library in media player.I have media player set to rip automatically [from CDs]...
  4. how to get music From hard drive to rip into media player??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Media Player Causing High CPU Usage

Windows Media Player Causing High CPU Usage: Hello all. My new Lenovo laptop works fine so far, except for one issue. When I run WMP the CPU usage goes to 100%. It seems the culprit is a Windows Driver Foundation process. What can be done (if anything) to remedy this problem. Any insight or help would be greatly...
  6. Windows Media Player causing WUDFHost.exe to be a hungry hungry hippo

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Media Player causing WUDFHost.exe to be a hungry hungry hippo: Using Windows Media Player causes WUDFHost.exe to launch and consume all my CPU power and RAM. Just playing an mp3 file sends it into the red. Other media players do not cause this issue vlc/mpc/that movies and tv player thing in Windows 10 and so forth. Can I uninstall WMP...
  7. windows 10 media player won't rip Cds to hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows 10 media player won't rip Cds to hard drive: windows media player won't rip Cds /dvds to hard drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-media-player-wont-rip-cds-to-hard-drive/cf934c9c-a8ed-4b54-9dcf-ac2ef8c07032"
  8. Windows media player won't play music from external hard drive

Windows media player won't play music from external hard drive: Hi. I'm asking this question on behalf of my dad who loves listening to actual CDs since he prefers the sound quality of them. He often likes to make his own mixed CDs and has a lot of music saved on an external hard drive. We've noticed that if we select a music file on the...
  9. Windows Media Player and DVD drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Media Player and DVD drive: Hi, I have a problem burning CD's in Windows Media Player, MP3 files. Not only is this an issue, but my BRAND NEW laptop refuses to read a blank disk. I have to open the device manager and open the DVD/CD rom drives to enable the DVD rom to read a disk.... Kind Regards...
  10. Media Player-C drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Media Player-C drive: I put a new cd/dvd player in my computer. I have media player and Windows DVD player. When I put a cd in nothing happens. It doesn't show the C drive or what is in it....