Windows 10: Windows Media Player Changing Album Covers

Discus and support Windows Media Player Changing Album Covers in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My new Dell Inspiron laptop is glitching out when I use Windows Media Player. I have over 3000 songs and 200 albums transferred, and now that I have so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by mintawesome, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Windows Media Player Changing Album Covers

My new Dell Inspiron laptop is glitching out when I use Windows Media Player. I have over 3000 songs and 200 albums transferred, and now that I have so many files to browse,when the cursor goes over the album covers they are not the right ones, and are spontaneously changing. I have used the troubleshooter which says the library is corrupt and therefore must be reset, but even following those instructions the problem eventually reappears. This never happened on my old HP laptop, so I am starting to wonder whether this is a software problem or actually a hardware issue?I paid $2200 with warranty for this computer 1 week ago, so I didn't expect to have problems like this so soon.

:)

mintawesome, Aug 1, 2020

2. Microsoft Media Player and Groove Music Album Art Covers Only Displaying Top Half of Album Cover

Hello:

I have been loading MP3 files from Audacity into Windows Media Player for more than a year now, as I am digitizing old records and tapes into MP3 format. Once the songs/albums are loaded into Windows Media Player, I then add the album artwork. Windows Media
    player is excellent for this, because unlike I-Tunes, Windows media player somehow embeds the artwork into the file so that it can be transferred to various media sources (phone, other computers, etc.). Up until two days ago, this process has been working
    perfectly. Two days ago, however, my computer forced me to do a massive Windows upgrade on my Windows 10 software. Unfortunately, since the upgrade, the album cover artwork has not been displaying correctly when I add NEW albums/songs into the media player
    from Audacity. When I insert the artwork onto the album now, the album art displays correctly
    over the album ONLY. As each song is playing, however, the artwork for the song is displaying only the top half of the album cover. It is important to note that work that has ALREADY BEEN COMPLETED, and is in my Media Player files, displays correctly.

I got in touch with an agent from MSFT and we chatted online. He suggested that this is because Microsoft Media Player is no longer updated, and that the new Media Player is now Groove Music, and that I should try that. I did so, and it does the same thing.
    The artwork does not display correctly.

Furthermore, I have I Tunes pulling its Music files from the same folder (as I have always done). Now, however, if I add the files with artwork added using windows Media Player, the artwork in I-Tunes
    also only shows the top half of the album cover. If I manually put the cover in through I-Tunes, the cover DOES display correctly, but ONLY in I-Tunes.

I contacted MSFT support online again, and had an agent delete my media player and then reload it (per her suggestion), and it still didn't fix the problem.

Is Microsoft working on this problem? I really need this fixed as soon as possible in order to continue my music project. Can anyone help?

Evidently, I am not the only one challenged with this. Other people have indicated their difficulties with this on the following post:

Groove music - Album covers half missing

Unfortunately, I didn't find the posts at this site resolved the problem.

Thanks in advance

BneedAssist, Aug 1, 2020
  3. Groove music - Album covers half missing

Hi,

To help us identify the cause of the issue and then find the proper resolution for it, please provide us the following information:

• Do the album covers/album art show up correctly in Windows Media Player?
    • Have you checked if this is also true for the other music apps you used to add the album covers/album art?
    • Can you send us a screenshot of a sample album art so we can take a closer look?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?

We'll keep an eye out on your response.

Aileen Alf, Aug 1, 2020
  4. Windows Media Player Changing Album Covers

Microsoft Media Player and Groove Music Album Art Covers Only Displaying Top Half of Album Cover

Hello Oriol,

For us to better assist you, we'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Have you tried running the troubleshooter for Windows Media Player Library? If not, refer to the steps below:
    • Click on Start, search for Troubleshooting
      and click on it.
    • In the Control Panel window, click on View all from the left pane.
    • Click on Windows Media Player Library, click on
      Next
      and follow the on-screen instructions.
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?
    • Does the issue happen to all album arts?

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

Windows Media Player Changing Album Covers

1. Windows Media Player Changing Album Covers - Similar Threads - Media Player Changing

2. How do I change an album cover on new Media Player

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change an album cover on new Media Player: I've seen questions for changing album covers on the old Windows Media Player Legacy, but I've seen nothing on the new Media Player introduced with Windows 11. Could someone help me out with it here? Here is a screenshot of my Media Player because I can't add a picture to the...
  3. How do I change an album cover on new Media Player

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I change an album cover on new Media Player: I've seen questions for changing album covers on the old Windows Media Player Legacy, but I've seen nothing on the new Media Player introduced with Windows 11. Could someone help me out with it here? Here is a screenshot of my Media Player because I can't add a picture to the...
  4. Windows 11 media player doesn't show album/cover art

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 media player doesn't show album/cover art: Most of my music files are FLAC 1.4.3 but even mp3 files are not showing their cover art: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-media-player-doesnt-show-albumcover-art/0855b3e3-6066-4fe8-8d16-c1784cf8f958
  5. Windows 11 media player doesn't show album/cover art

Windows 11 media player doesn't show album/cover art: Most of my music files are FLAC 1.4.3 but even mp3 files are not showing their cover art: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-media-player-doesnt-show-albumcover-art/0855b3e3-6066-4fe8-8d16-c1784cf8f958
  6. Windows Media Player in Windows 11: Import album covers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Media Player in Windows 11: Import album covers: I have a new computer with Windows 11 and Windows Media Player 11.2211.36.0.I have copied the music library including album covers from my old Windows 10 with Windows Media Player 12.0.19041.1266 to the new computer.But the new Windows Media Player does not display all the...
  7. Windows Media Player in Windows 11: Import album covers

Windows Media Player in Windows 11: Import album covers: I have a new computer with Windows 11 and Windows Media Player 11.2211.36.0.I have copied the music library including album covers from my old Windows 10 with Windows Media Player 12.0.19041.1266 to the new computer.But the new Windows Media Player does not display all the...
  8. Windows Media Player 12 Cover Art

Windows Media Player 12 Cover Art: I've been turning all my vinyl tracks into mp3s, putting them in artist and album folders and then using Mp3tag to retrieve tags and cover art from the web and write them as tags in the mp3 files. Until yesterday, when I then opened Windows Media Player 12, the cover art...
  9. Media Player album art

in Windows 10 Customization
    Media Player album art: Where has the paste album art option in Windows Media Player gone? Is the now another way to add the desired album cover? A lot of the stuff I need isn't available for digital sale anywhere so info can't be found by the media player. Old demo tapes from very obscure, and...
  10. Windows Media Player Album Logos

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Media Player Album Logos: I recently ripped several CDs to my hard drive. Album covers now display ATC Planet POP Logo instead of the recording artists. How can I delete the ATC logos and restore the original album covers. (I didn't load any ATC CDs.)...