Windows 10: Windows Media Player corrupted file

Discus and support Windows Media Player corrupted file in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Having a little problem with WMP in Windows 10. I have three playlist, but one, titled "All Music" (which is obviously all of my songs in my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by novicegeek, Aug 24, 2019.

1. Windows Media Player corrupted file

Having a little problem with WMP in Windows 10. I have three playlist, but one, titled "All Music" (which is obviously all of my songs in my collection) has issues. When I try to click on any of the songs in this playlist, I get the error attached to this post. I've cleared the WMP cache, emptied the recycle bin, and then rebooted the computer - still no luck. In services, WMP Network Sharing Services is started, and is set to manual. I ran the troubleshooter for WMP and was told that my...

Windows Media Player corrupted file

novicegeek, Aug 24, 2019
  2. Yaqub K Win User

windows media player

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

What is the exact error message you get when you to try play files on Windows Media Player?

I suggest you to run both Windows Media Player Library and Settings troubleshooter and check.

Step 1: If your computer is having problems playing video or audio files in Windows Media Player, try using the Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter to fix the problem. The troubleshooter checks the configuration and network settings
    for Windows Media Player to make sure that you can play content you've downloaded and saved to your computer, or content streaming over a network or the Internet.

Steps to run Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter are as follows:

• Press Windows key + X and select Control Panel.
    • In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click
      Troubleshooting.
    • Click View all, and then click Windows Media Player Settings
      and follow the instructions.

Step 2: If your computer is having problems accessing your collection of digital media files in the Windows Media Player Library, try using the Windows Media Player Library troubleshooter to fix the problem. The troubleshooter makes sure
    Windows Media Player is correctly installed on your computer, and checks to see whether your Player Library is corrupted.

Steps to run Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter are as follows:

• Press Windows key + X and select Control Panel.
    • In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click
      Troubleshooting.
    • Click View all, and then click Windows Media Player Library
      and follow the instructions.

Please reply us on the status of the issue to assist you further.

Yaqub K, Aug 24, 2019
  3. Faulty Windows Media Player

Windows Mesdis Player developed a fault (Played jerky an missed bits) so I down loaded Media Player 10.

It's no better. Any suggestions (I run Windows 98)

christieau, Aug 24, 2019
  4. Windows Media Player corrupted file

THRiLL KiLL, Aug 24, 2019
Thema:

Windows Media Player corrupted file

1. Windows Media Player corrupted file - Similar Threads - Media Player corrupted

2. Windows media Player problems, may be corrupt...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows media Player problems, may be corrupt...: In Windows media Player, the columns are not helpful. I cannot get album artist and contributing artist together in some views even when the option is ticked in 'Choose columns'. there are several screens where the columns i have ticked don't appear at all. I have tried...
  3. Windows media Player problems, may be corrupt...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows media Player problems, may be corrupt...: In Windows media Player, the columns are not helpful. I cannot get album artist and contributing artist together in some views even when the option is ticked in 'Choose columns'. there are several screens where the columns i have ticked don't appear at all. I have tried...
  4. Windows media Player problems, may be corrupt...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Media player Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the...

Media player Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the...: Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file.What to do ?...
  6. Windows Media player library is corrupted

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Media player library is corrupted: PC has a windows 10 Home installed I have updated my PC to the current versionI have updated all my relevant driver's I have reinstalled media player Numerous timesMy question: where else might the media player folder be located outside of %LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft since it's...
  7. Windows Media player library is corrupted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Media player library is corrupted: PC has a windows 10 Home installed I have updated my PC to the current versionI have updated all my relevant driver's I have reinstalled media player Numerous timesMy question: where else might the media player folder be located outside of %LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft since it's...
  8. Windows Media player library is corrupted

9. Windows Media Player on NAS - playlists corrupted

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Media Player on NAS - playlists corrupted: I have my music - a combination of MP3s and WMAs - stored on a network attached storage so that we can listen to them from any computer and through our SONOS. Our playlists typically lose about 15-20 songs a week. They're there on the NAS, and they're in the music library....
  10. Windows Media Player Error: Media Library Corrupted?!?! Please Help!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Media Player Error: Media Library Corrupted?!?! Please Help!: Hi all, I was using Windows Media Player earlier and it crashed and a little Troubleshooting window popped up saying: I checked through the troubleshooting window and it says that this issue was detected: "The media library used by Windows Media Player is corrupted. This...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 1903 music streaming dlna

2. windows media player in windows 10 corrupted

3. windows media is corrupted

4. windows media player corrupted fix windows 10