Windows 10: Windows media player crash after ~4 sec of *.mid files playback

Discus and support Windows media player crash after ~4 sec of *.mid files playback in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; It plays *.mid files about 4 sec and crash. And after that if I try to open windows media player it just crash. I tried rebuilding library, after that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by dns_di, May 15, 2019.

1. dns_di Win User

Windows media player crash after ~4 sec of *.mid files playback

It plays *.mid files about 4 sec and crash. And after that if I try to open windows media player it just crash. I tried rebuilding library, after that windows player work, say for video playback, once I try to play *.mid file the same thing happens.

I have latest updates installed, windows 10 pro, ver 1803, OS build 17134.765.

:)

dns_di, May 15, 2019

2. Faulty Windows Media Player

Windows Mesdis Player developed a fault (Played jerky an missed bits) so I down loaded Media Player 10.

It's no better. Any suggestions (I run Windows 98)

christieau, May 15, 2019
  3. THRiLL KiLL, May 15, 2019
  4. Yaqub K Win User

windows media player

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

What is the exact error message you get when you to try play files on Windows Media Player?

I suggest you to run both Windows Media Player Library and Settings troubleshooter and check.

Step 1: If your computer is having problems playing video or audio files in Windows Media Player, try using the Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter to fix the problem. The troubleshooter checks the configuration and network settings
    for Windows Media Player to make sure that you can play content you've downloaded and saved to your computer, or content streaming over a network or the Internet.

Steps to run Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter are as follows:

• Press Windows key + X and select Control Panel.
    • In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click
      Troubleshooting.
    • Click View all, and then click Windows Media Player Settings
      and follow the instructions.

Step 2: If your computer is having problems accessing your collection of digital media files in the Windows Media Player Library, try using the Windows Media Player Library troubleshooter to fix the problem. The troubleshooter makes sure
    Windows Media Player is correctly installed on your computer, and checks to see whether your Player Library is corrupted.

Steps to run Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter are as follows:

• Press Windows key + X and select Control Panel.
    • In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click
      Troubleshooting.
    • Click View all, and then click Windows Media Player Library
      and follow the instructions.

Please reply us on the status of the issue to assist you further.

Yaqub K, May 15, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows media player crash after ~4 sec of *.mid files playback - Similar Threads - media player crash

2. Windows 11 Media Player playback issues.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Media Player playback issues.: Since I've gotten my new prebuilt msi pc, which in on windows 11 I've had a strange problem with the media player in that for a few seconds at the beginning of videos the actual video is blank, but audio is playing and then after about 3-6 seconds, sometimes longer the video...
  3. Windows 11 Media Player playback issues.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Media Player playback issues.: Since I've gotten my new prebuilt msi pc, which in on windows 11 I've had a strange problem with the media player in that for a few seconds at the beginning of videos the actual video is blank, but audio is playing and then after about 3-6 seconds, sometimes longer the video...
  4. Video freezes for 4 sec then plays for 4 sec. Using webex

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video freezes for 4 sec then plays for 4 sec. Using webex: So Im currently enrolled at Tri-C. Im taking online classes. My video player keep freezing on me every 4 seconds. then plays for 4 seconds. Sound never stops. Im taking a Sign language class so this makes it very difficult. Please Help. IM using Web ex....
  5. Video freezes for 4 sec then plays for 4 sec. Using webex

Video freezes for 4 sec then plays for 4 sec. Using webex: So Im currently enrolled at Tri-C. Im taking online classes. My video player keep freezing on me every 4 seconds. then plays for 4 seconds. Sound never stops. Im taking a Sign language class so this makes it very difficult. Please Help. IM using Web ex....
  6. Windows Media Player timecode is out of sync after using skip back 10 sec

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Media Player timecode is out of sync after using skip back 10 sec: I am using Windows 11 and Windows Media Player.I have a 5-hour FLAC file for a voice audio I am working on.I had to write a spreadsheet with time codes for time references on the audio.I was using the skip back 10 seconds a lot.I have noticed that the player is not playing...
  7. Windows Media Player Keeps Crashing

Windows Media Player Keeps Crashing: I just bought a new laptop with Windows 11. When I play my music in Windows Media Player, it starts fine, but before long, usually a half hour to hour, it stops playing and the display is glitchy. I have to close out and restart it in order to play more music. At first, I...
  8. Windows Media Player crashes seconds after launch

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Media Player crashes seconds after launch: I last used Media Player about 2 weeks ago, and it was working fine. Since then there have been several Windows Updates that have been installed, and several software packages. Now, when I launch WMP, it comes up for about 5 seconds, then crashes. In the event log I get...
  9. Iv fluctuating playback via Media Player.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Iv fluctuating playback via Media Player.: Sound is coming through with alternating volume, wavelike. Iv thousands of tracks n need a solution please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/iv-fluctuating-playback-via-media-player/3553f39b-33d4-4688-a98c-6d1272739360
  10. Windows Media Player Crashed After The Latest Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Media Player Crashed After The Latest Update: After an update to Windows 10 on my desktop, Windows media player opens for 4 or 5 seconds & closes. Prior to the update, the media player performed as it should. I tried to do a system restore to a date prior to the update & got an error message that the system restore...