Windows 10: Windows Media Player Crashed After The Latest Update

Discus and support Windows Media Player Crashed After The Latest Update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After an update to Windows 10 on my desktop, Windows media player opens for 4 or 5 seconds & closes. Prior to the update, the media player performed as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Lady Wolf, Sep 15, 2018.

1. Lady Wolf Win User

Windows Media Player Crashed After The Latest Update

After an update to Windows 10 on my desktop, Windows media player opens for 4 or 5 seconds & closes. Prior to the update, the media player performed as it should. I tried to do a system restore to a date prior to the update & got an error message that the system restore failed because of a problem with the restore point itself. I was going to try again with a different restore point & found that all restore points prior to the update have been deleted.

Anyway, how do I fix or reinstall windows media player?

:)

Lady Wolf, Sep 15, 2018

2. Faulty Windows Media Player

Windows Mesdis Player developed a fault (Played jerky an missed bits) so I down loaded Media Player 10.

It's no better. Any suggestions (I run Windows 98)

christieau, Sep 15, 2018
  3. THRiLL KiLL, Sep 15, 2018
  4. Windows Media Player Crashed After The Latest Update

New Windows Media Player Plugin for Firefox

Anyone who uses Windows Vista and Mozilla Firefox may be pleased to hear that the Windows Media Player team has now released a plugin for Firefox that should allow the browser to play WMP content on websites. Here are the steps to get it working:
    • Installation of the Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin may require administrative access to your PC. It is recommended that you close all other open browser windows before continuing with the installation.
    • Click the Install button to automatically download and install the Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin.
    • Depending on your security settings, you may see a Security Warning dialog box. Click Install to install the plugin.
    There is a known issue if you are using Firefox version 2.0.0.3 on Windows Vista with the installer failing with error code -203. To work around this simply restart Firefox (you will get a notification that Windows Vista will be changing the Firefox compatibility settings) and then install again - the second time should succeed.

The download is available here, and the new plugin works on all versions of Windows XP and Windows Vista (although it is mostly intended for Vista, as that currently has no WMP support in Firefox).

Source: Windows Vista Blog

Jimmy 2004, Sep 15, 2018
Thema:

Windows Media Player Crashed After The Latest Update

1. Windows Media Player Crashed After The Latest Update - Similar Threads - Media Player Crashed

2. Latest media player update - media player is not accessing all of my stored CDs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Latest media player update - media player is not accessing all of my stored CDs: media player is not accessing all of my stored CDs...why? <Changed to a question><Original title: Latest media player update> https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/latest-media-player-update-media-player-is-not/81d2fbed-ed5a-4240-89b4-6fccf45ee50f
  3. latest media player update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    latest media player update: media player is not accessing all of my stored CDs...why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/latest-media-player-update/81d2fbed-ed5a-4240-89b4-6fccf45ee50f
  4. latest media player update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    latest media player update: media player is not accessing all of my stored CDs...why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/latest-media-player-update/81d2fbed-ed5a-4240-89b4-6fccf45ee50f
  5. latest media player update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Windows Media Player Keeps Crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Media Player Keeps Crashing: I just bought a new laptop with Windows 11. When I play my music in Windows Media Player, it starts fine, but before long, usually a half hour to hour, it stops playing and the display is glitchy. I have to close out and restart it in order to play more music. At first, I...
  7. Windows Media Player Keeps Crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Media Player Keeps Crashing: I just bought a new laptop with Windows 11. When I play my music in Windows Media Player, it starts fine, but before long, usually a half hour to hour, it stops playing and the display is glitchy. I have to close out and restart it in order to play more music. At first, I...
  8. Windows Media Player crashes seconds after launch

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Media Player crashes seconds after launch: I last used Media Player about 2 weeks ago, and it was working fine. Since then there have been several Windows Updates that have been installed, and several software packages. Now, when I launch WMP, it comes up for about 5 seconds, then crashes. In the event log I get...
  9. Crashes after latest Windows update?

in Browsers and Email
    Crashes after latest Windows update?: Hello, I have the problem that after the update I have some violent jerks during gambling and even freezes and bluescreens. Can anyone help me? The following appears in Event Display: Critical Kernel Power 41 Abstürze nach neuestem Windows update?
  10. Windows crashed after updating the latest update/

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows crashed after updating the latest update/: hi im now writing this from UBUNTU running from usb drive without installing. After last night i installed latest update my pc didnt start. i tried every microosft community answers i faced online. sfc scannow and other things . NO solution / It only saves a text folder...