Windows media player crashes on music or video.

Discus and support Windows media player crashes on music or video. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Description Faulting Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Media Player\wmplayer.exe Problem signature Problem Event Name: APPCRASH... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TomMartin_803, Jul 12, 2018.

1. TomMartin_803 Win User

Description
    Faulting Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Media Player\wmplayer.exe

Problem signature
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: wmplayer.exe
    Application Version: 12.0.17134.1
    Application Timestamp: 854a1b2d
    Fault Module Name: ADvdDiscHlp1.dll
    Fault Module Version: 8.2.6.2
    Fault Module Timestamp: 5b4510ca
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Offset: 00009708
    OS Version: 10.0.17134.2.0.0.256.48
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: f276
    Additional Information 2: f276ff93316b766f9c733d0440eefc15
    Additional Information 3: 8a57
    Additional Information 4: 8a577df3bcadec47762a94ee2a5c7032

:)

TomMartin_803, Jul 12, 2018
  2. remixedcat Win User

Best media player software

What is the best media player software in two criteria:

• All-In-One
    • Video-Centric
    • Music-Centric
    Name your picks in both categories.

Thank you.

remixedcat, Jul 12, 2018
  3. graymoon Win User
    All Video Players Crash

hi.
    since i move in to win 10 i had a huge problem with videos. when i play a video after 1-2 minute player crash and not responding. i try many players like media player classic,kmplayer,power dvd and all of them have the same problem. also remove windows media player not help to solve problem.
    any suggestion?

graymoon, Jul 12, 2018
  4. davidhk Win User

media player 'groove music'

Just a slight correction :
    Windows Media Player is listed in All apps > under alphabet W but not under Windows Accessories.

Windows media player crashes on music or video. [​IMG]

davidhk, Jul 12, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows media player crashes on music or video. - Similar Threads - media player crashes

2. DVD Media Player

in Windows 10 Customization
    DVD Media Player: How do I get my Windows 10 DVD Media Player to display on my screen and being playing? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_menu/dvd-media-player/81c50456-3bf0-45b9-8d92-fad28cfbf8ad
  3. Windows Media Player Association in Shell Menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Media Player Association in Shell Menu: Hello, I have recently discovered that Windows Media Player fails to start up when I try to open files with it. As many of you know, the Microsoft website offers no download for a new version of WMP. However, I discovered that the 64-bit version of WMP works fine, but the...
  4. Keyboard Does Not Work When Media Player is Playing Music

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard Does Not Work When Media Player is Playing Music: Dear Community, Hi. I am having a problem that my keyboard does not work when Windows 10 Media Player is playing music. This started after the Windows 10 automatic update a couple of months ago. Can anyone please provide a fix for this issue? Thank you, Paul...
  5. Windows Media Player Association in Shell Menu

Windows Media Player Association in Shell Menu: Hello, I have recently discovered that Windows Media Player fails to start up when I try to open files with it. As many of you know, the Microsoft website offers no download for a new version of WMP. However, I discovered that the 64-bit version of WMP works fine, but the...
  6. Windows Media Player Won't Let Me Listen to Music At High Volumes

Windows Media Player Won't Let Me Listen to Music At High Volumes: So, say I start Windows Media Player at %10 volume, and turn it up to %100. It then auto adjusts the volume to be LESS than %10, and if I put it back to %10 I can't even hear it anymore. I just want to listen to my music at my choice of volume, why the hell does it have this...
  7. window media player problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    window media player problem: i am having trouble out of window media player it will download the songs but won't finalized the cd the cd won't play https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/window-media-player-problem/448537f5-36dc-46c7-9d28-0629cd923332
  8. Windows Media Player Crash Logs Help

Windows Media Player Crash Logs Help: Would anyone be so kind as to take a look at these logs for me. For some reason i cannot open them in windbg. I'm trying to find out if its a windows issue, or something thats installed that's conflicting with WMP somehow Windows media player crashes pretty much every time...
  9. Splash media player crashes immediately under Win10

Splash media player crashes immediately under Win10: I have a new win10 install, and tried the new splash player, but can't even start it because it crashes... Also tried the previous version 1.6 but neither that one does not work at all. (hasn't any problem under win7) Image about problem any idea what could be the problem?...
  10. Media Player Playlists Keep Crashing

Media Player Playlists Keep Crashing: In the last two weeks, I have encountered a bizarre problem. Normally, in my workday I like to have Media Player playing music on random play. It cycles between some 7000 tracks on my machine. That's the way I like to run my day. I have been doing this for several years...