Windows 10: Windows Media Player does not recognize an audio CD instead the CD files are shown in File...

Discus and support Windows Media Player does not recognize an audio CD instead the CD files are shown in File... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When I insert an Audio CD in the DVD Drive, windows opens the contents in the File Explorer view. Windows Media Player does not recognize the CD as an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by satish777, Sep 13, 2021.

1. satish777 Win User

Windows Media Player does not recognize an audio CD instead the CD files are shown in File...

When I insert an Audio CD in the DVD Drive, windows opens the contents in the File Explorer view. Windows Media Player does not recognize the CD as an audio CD - hence the audio CD can not be played nor ripped to the hard disk.Need a solution.

:)

satish777, Sep 13, 2021

2. Audio CD's as Empty

Easy question. A new Audio CD cannot be played on my laptop. My laptop informs me it is a blank disc. The CD does play in a typical home CD player.

Facts:

• Asus X750JB
    • Windows 10 ~ 64 bit
    • All drivers are updated
    • CD has same issue on an alternate Asus X750JB
    • CD is not a ripped disc
    • Other Audio CD's play without an issue
    • CD not recognized by all programs: File Explorer, Windows Media Player, Nero or any player I download for the internet
    • The Audio CD was checked out from a local library

Dean-Wilson, Sep 13, 2021
  3. fireberd Win User
    Audio CD track titles not shown on all music player.

Does the CD actually have the titles written on the CD (even some commercial audio CD's do not have titles). Do the titles show up on another media player? I have a recording studio and do a lot of CD burning. I burn audio CD's with the titles. Windows Media Player does not show the title, I don't know about other media players as that is what I use. However, I can play the same CD in my car stereo and the titles show up, as that CD player has the capability to display the CD Title and track song titles.

I use "Audiograbber" to rip audio CD's. It does not recognize titles, just rips as "track 01", "track 02", etc.

fireberd, Sep 13, 2021
  4. Helmut Win User

Windows Media Player does not recognize an audio CD instead the CD files are shown in File...

Audio CD's not playing

You seem to have a missing entry in the features list, there should be a + with Windows Media Player tick box. Unless you have some corporate version of Windows 10 with restrictions of some sort.

It is your Media player that does not play Audio CDs, these are Data discs not files.

Mine shows correctly as in post #9 that is how File Explorer represents those CD Audio data Tracks with WMP as default.

On my Laptop, with 5 listed Music players.
    Windows Media Player, IrfanView(with plugins) plays the Audio CDs, but not VLC Player(apps version), Toshiba Media Player, Groove Music.

I don't have iTunes. That you will have to check.

Groove Music is in the MS Store(free as you would expect), should be showing as Installed, but of no use in this case.

Helmut, Sep 13, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows Media Player does not recognize an audio CD instead the CD files are shown in File... - Similar Threads - Media Player does

2. Audio CD not recognized

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio CD not recognized: Hifirst of all please forgives my poor english since I am not a native...I have this weird problem: my CD/DVD Drive doesn't shows audio tracks of audio CD anymoreAny Audio CD shows only a Desktop.ini file and nothing else it is genuine Audio CD and not custom burned oneI have...
  3. Audio CD not recognized

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio CD not recognized: Hifirst of all please forgives my poor english since I am not a native...I have this weird problem: my CD/DVD Drive doesn't shows audio tracks of audio CD anymoreAny Audio CD shows only a Desktop.ini file and nothing else it is genuine Audio CD and not custom burned oneI have...
  4. Burn an audio CD using Windows Media Player

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Burn an audio CD using Windows Media Player: I was able to restore my Windows Media Player. Now I want to copy the audio file for a book I bought my 4 year old nephew for Christmas.He has a bad habit ok breaking them.Do I ?1. Create a playlist, or title?2. After creating a Playlist do I Play the recording from the...
  5. Burning CD with audio files and will not play in a home stereo CD player

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Burning CD with audio files and will not play in a home stereo CD player: So I have been trying to figure out this issue ever since windows 10 was released, at least that's when I noticed this issue happening. I have a PC and am running the most up to date version of Itunes on this computer. I download music and will burn a CD-R of audio files from...
  6. DVD/CD player not recognized

DVD/CD player not recognized: After updating, my DVD/CD player is not recognized Win10/64bit. Why they removed them, is anybody's guess - what a pain - but that's a separate issue. Here's what I've done: 1 Updated all drivers in Device Manager. Made sure all hidden files are showing. Made sure...
  7. Windows Media Player-CD

Windows Media Player-CD: On Windows Media Player, before I Updated Windows, songs from my CD that I burned into Media Player Played. Now some play some don't. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player-cd/4de6544e-9155-4da7-b7c3-a26aa9179b39
  8. Windows Media Player does not burn an audio CD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Media Player does not burn an audio CD: I have a laptop running Windows 10 Home 64-bit, version 1909 and Windows Media Player version 12. When attempting to burn an audio CD of .wma files onto a Sony CD-R disc, WMP acts like it's burning and gets to 99% before it ejects the disc and displays this error box:...
  9. Can't hear CD audio file using Windows-10 Media Player

Can't hear CD audio file using Windows-10 Media Player: When I insert CD, select file in Media Player, and hit play, I can hear CD spinning, but no sound. I have activated F3 (sound) button, and also see audio activated in Media Player. Further, I've tried both w/ and without headphones. Lastly, I can play my music files...
  10. Burning Audio Files onto CD w/ Media Player

Burning Audio Files onto CD w/ Media Player: I'm trying to burn some music onto a CD but every time I go into Windows Media Player and select "Start burn" there's always an error message that pops up for a few different audio files that says it can't burn those files. When I tried to investigate the issue Windows was...