Windows 10: Windows Media Player Doesn't Update Songs Info in the Music Library Folder

Discus and support Windows Media Player Doesn't Update Songs Info in the Music Library Folder in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi What happens is the following: for exemple, if have a song named MUSIC FILE NAME and i change it in Windows Media Player to Music File Name the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Pjgg78, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Pjgg78 Win User

Windows Media Player Doesn't Update Songs Info in the Music Library Folder

Hi

What happens is the following: for exemple, if have a song named MUSIC FILE NAME and i change it in Windows Media Player to Music File Name the song info and music file name in the music libary folder won't change accordingly. Is this working as intended for being a simple change from capital to small letters? Or WMP should be able to change the music file's name and/or info in the library folder accordingly to the changes made in WMP? Same happens if i change the album's name in WMP, the name of the album folder in the music library folder won't change as well.

:)

Pjgg78, Sep 6, 2018
  2. auntiebk Win User

wma files in Explorer, don't show in Windows Media Player Library

Upgraded from 64-bit Win 7 pro to Win 10 v1607 build 14393.693.
    .wma files associated with windows media player 11 (32 bit?).
    Files show in Windows Explorer under users\[username]\Music.
    User has full rights to folder and subs
    In Windows Explorer, doubleclicking file plays any song using Windows Media Player.
    But launching Windows Media Player, and opening Library shows only one song.
    In Explorer, the song's artist is 6th in a long list and that album has 10 songs.

Have tried removing the library and re-adding it. No luck.

Thanks in advance!

auntiebk, Sep 6, 2018
  3. SeanStevens26 Win User
    No Songs in the Media Player Library

Hi, I have Windows 10 and now my music library for Windows Media Player is empty. I've tried going to manage libraries and adding the songs I already had, but it doesn't work. How can I get my music added back to the library?

SeanStevens26, Sep 6, 2018
  4. auntiebk Win User

wma files in Explorer, don't show in Windows Media Player Library

Tried to add folders under manage library but they do not show in WMA.
    How can I examine tags?

Many thanks.

Windows Media Player Doesn't Update Songs Info in the Music Library Folder [​IMG]

auntiebk, Sep 6, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Media Player Doesn't Update Songs Info in the Music Library Folder - Similar Threads - Media Player Doesn't

2. Windows Media Player picks and chooses which songs to record

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Media Player picks and chooses which songs to record: Hello everyone, Having a headache with a new computer. Tried to record some songs on a CD and it took 10 of the 17 I had in the burn list. The remaining ones have a small red 'i' icon next to them that tells me: The file is already in use. Close other programs that might...
  3. Burning a music CD with Windows Media Player.

Burning a music CD with Windows Media Player.: I have my burn list ready, but when I click "Start Burn," I get an error message that the files could not be burned and to remove the files that have an icon beside them. There are no icons. One of your help comments said click Blank Disk on the left side of the screen. I did...
  4. After deleting all songs in the Music folder, the songs still show up in Media player, and...

After deleting all songs in the Music folder, the songs still show up in Media player, and...: I upgraded to Windows 10 from 8.1. I cannot delete songs from windows media player, even after deleting the songs from my music folder....
  5. Windows Media Player is not playing the Music Playlist

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Media Player is not playing the Music Playlist: [ATTACH] Windows Media Player in most cases is a much better media player when compared to Groove. We can understand why the Groove Music app was created, but with the music pass aspect dead in the water, maybe it’s time for [...] This post Windows Media Player is not...
  6. Windows media player crashes on music or video.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows media player crashes on music or video.: Description Faulting Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Media Player\wmplayer.exe Problem signature Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: wmplayer.exe Application Version: 12.0.17134.1 Application Timestamp: 854a1b2d Fault Module Name:...
  7. Groove Music and Windows Media Player 12

Groove Music and Windows Media Player 12: Just out of curiousity, do you prefer using Groove Music or WMP for playing music files? I have hardly used Groove Music except for certain file types. WMP is still good as ever *Smile Is Microsoft going to provide future updates for it? 21253
  8. media player 'groove music'

media player 'groove music': hello. I've downloaded 5 audio tracks (MP3). I can turn on the loop for each track but how do I get it to play each track one after the other and then loop back to track one? 36644
  9. Windows Media Player - All library folders on D: now unresponsive

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Media Player - All library folders on D: now unresponsive: Hello All, first post, so please be gentle. I have performed a clean install of Windows 10 Pro onto a new HDD I put into my desktop PC, with all my media still on a separate 1TB HDD D: drive. I've subsequently organised the shared folders on my D: drive into the...
  10. Folder stuck on "Music Library"

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder stuck on "Music Library": I accidentally set my account folder "C:\Users\MYACC" to Music Library. I tried different methods to reset Libaries but couldn't get the folder from showing "Music" as its name on Windows Explorer. Is this a symbolic link? Junction? How do I take it off? When I go into...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. does windows media files adjust music files on d\;

2. windows media player tag search doesnt work version 1803