Windows 10: Windows Media Player Doesn't Update Songs Info in the Music Library Folder

Discus and support Windows Media Player Doesn't Update Songs Info in the Music Library Folder in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi What happens is the following: for exemple, if have a song named MUSIC FILE NAME and i change it in Windows Media Player to Music File Name the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Pjgg78, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Pjgg78 Win User

Windows Media Player Doesn't Update Songs Info in the Music Library Folder

Hi

What happens is the following: for exemple, if have a song named MUSIC FILE NAME and i change it in Windows Media Player to Music File Name the song info and music file name in the music libary folder won't change accordingly. Is this working as intended for being a simple change from capital to small letters? Or WMP should be able to change the music file's name and/or info in the library folder accordingly to the changes made in WMP? Same happens if i change the album's name in WMP, the name of the album folder in the music library folder won't change as well.

:)

Pjgg78, Sep 6, 2018
  2. auntiebk Win User

wma files in Explorer, don't show in Windows Media Player Library

Upgraded from 64-bit Win 7 pro to Win 10 v1607 build 14393.693.
    .wma files associated with windows media player 11 (32 bit?).
    Files show in Windows Explorer under users\[username]\Music.
    User has full rights to folder and subs
    In Windows Explorer, doubleclicking file plays any song using Windows Media Player.
    But launching Windows Media Player, and opening Library shows only one song.
    In Explorer, the song's artist is 6th in a long list and that album has 10 songs.

Have tried removing the library and re-adding it. No luck.

Thanks in advance!

auntiebk, Sep 6, 2018
  3. No Songs in the Media Player Library

Hi, I have Windows 10 and now my music library for Windows Media Player is empty. I've tried going to manage libraries and adding the songs I already had, but it doesn't work. How can I get my music added back to the library?

SeanStevens26, Sep 6, 2018
  4. auntiebk Win User

wma files in Explorer, don't show in Windows Media Player Library

Tried to add folders under manage library but they do not show in WMA.
    How can I examine tags?

Many thanks.

Windows Media Player Doesn't Update Songs Info in the Music Library Folder [​IMG]

auntiebk, Sep 6, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Media Player Doesn't Update Songs Info in the Music Library Folder - Similar Threads - Media Player Doesn't

2. Moved Old Music Folder to PC, But not Seeing Songs in Media Player

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moved Old Music Folder to PC, But not Seeing Songs in Media Player: I Moved Music Folder from Win7 PC to Win 10 -- I can see the folder and files, but the songs aren't accessible or seen in Windows Media Player ... Plz help!...
  3. Moved Old Music Folder to PC, But not Seeing Songs in Media Player

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moved Old Music Folder to PC, But not Seeing Songs in Media Player: I Moved Music Folder from Win7 PC to Win 10 -- I can see the folder and files, but the songs aren't accessible or seen in Windows Media Player ... Plz help!...
  4. Moved Old Music Folder to PC, But not Seeing Songs in Media Player

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows Media Player's overlay doesn't display any info about songs playing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Media Player's overlay doesn't display any info about songs playing: After a recent update the Windows Media Player stopped showing information about the currently playing song, as well as it's thumbnail. The song clearly has a thumbnail: However, when changing volume, what I would get at best is the song title with the album name, no...
  6. Windows Media Player's overlay doesn't display any info about songs playing

Windows Media Player's overlay doesn't display any info about songs playing: After a recent update the Windows Media Player stopped showing information about the currently playing song, as well as it's thumbnail. The song clearly has a thumbnail: However, when chaning volume, what I would get at best is the song title with the album name, no...
  7. "Groove music" New "Media player" doesn't show currently played song.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Groove music" New "Media player" doesn't show currently played song.: After application "groove music" became "microsoft media player", the popup in top left corner doesn't work as it used to. After switching songs the popup doesn't show currently played music.Switching to another song and then comming back fixes the issue, but it's annoying to...
  8. "Groove music" New "Media player" doesn't show currently played song.

"Groove music" New "Media player" doesn't show currently played song.: After application "groove music" became "microsoft media player", the popup in top left corner doesn't work as it used to. After switching songs the popup doesn't show currently played music.Switching to another song and then comming back fixes the issue, but it's annoying to...
  9. Recover music library in media player

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Recover music library in media player: I reinstalled windows 10 and lost all my music in my media player library how can I get them back please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recover-music-library-in-media-player/4e9a94c1-e0c8-432d-96a1-bb3ddcae2181
  10. After deleting all songs in the Music folder, the songs still show up in Media player, and...

After deleting all songs in the Music folder, the songs still show up in Media player, and...: I upgraded to Windows 10 from 8.1. I cannot delete songs from windows media player, even after deleting the songs from my music folder....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. does windows media files adjust music files on d\;

2. music folder does not show music in media player

3. groove music does not update library

4. windows media player doesnt show music,
  5. windows media player tag search doesnt work version 1803