Windows 10: Windows Media Player doesn’t want to play CDs and DVDs

Discus and support Windows Media Player doesn’t want to play CDs and DVDs in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a problem with playing my CDs and DVDs on the Asus computer running Windows 10. The Windows Media Player doesn’t want to play on this laptop but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AnatoJK, Oct 25, 2018.

1. AnatoJK Win User

Windows Media Player doesn’t want to play CDs and DVDs

I have a problem with playing my CDs and DVDs on the Asus computer running Windows 10. The Windows Media Player doesn’t want to play on this laptop but it worked fine on my old HP laptop with Windows XP. Each time I try to start CD or DVD the pop-up shows up with a message that Windows Media Player cannot download information for this CD

:)

AnatoJK, Oct 25, 2018

2. Installed DVD player - that acepts the disc but won't play ?

Hello,

To address your concern, we suggest that you try to check on the links provided below:

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Marivel Man, Oct 25, 2018
  3. unable to play DVD's in Windows media player

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are unable to play the DVD's in Windows Media Player. I will be happy to assist you with this.

To assist you further with this issue, please provide us the following information:

• Did you make any changes to the Computer prior to this issue?

• Which is the Operating System running on your Computer?

• Do you get this error with all the DVDs or any particular DVDs?

• Are you able to open these DVDs with Windows Explorer?
    I suggest that you run DVD troubleshooter on your computer to check if the DVD burner is able to read the disc:

• Open the Windows Media Player DVD troubleshooter by clicking the
      Start button
      , and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type
      troubleshooter, and then click Troubleshooting.
    • Click View all, and then click Windows Media Player DVD.
    You can refer the below article for more information on this. (Article applies to any version of Windows)

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/play-a-cd-or-dvd-in-windows-media-player

Please feel free to contact us, if you need any further help we would be glad to assist you.

Thank you

Vijaya Kumari 1, Oct 25, 2018
  4. Windows Media Player doesn’t want to play CDs and DVDs

Unable to play DVDs on Windows Media Player, Windows 10

Hi Alison,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Do let us know the following to assist you better:

• What exactly happens when you try to play DVDs on Windows Media Player?
    • Are the DVDs being detected on your computer?

I suggest you to run Windows Media Player DVD troubleshooter.

Windows Media Player DVD troubleshooter find and fix problems with playing DVDs in Windows Media Player.

Steps:

• Press Windows key, type troubleshooting
      and select it.
    • Click on View all in the left pane.
    • Click onWindows Media Player DVD and follow the onscreen instructions.
    Also refer to the Microsoft article to know more about: Windows
    Media Player

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 25, 2018
Thema:

Windows Media Player doesn’t want to play CDs and DVDs

1. Windows Media Player doesn’t want to play CDs and DVDs - Similar Threads - Media Player doesn’t

2. cannot play dvds in media player win 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot play dvds in media player win 10.: I download the dvd media player drive when I had Win 7 on my laptop. My laptop crashed and had to reinstall win 7 and then up graded to win 10. The download for media player is not there. I cannot play dvds in win 10 Media Player like I could back in Win 7 after I download...
  3. cannot play dvds in media player win 10.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    cannot play dvds in media player win 10.: I download the dvd media player drive when I had Win 7 on my laptop. My laptop crashed and had to reinstall win 7 and then up graded to win 10. The download for media player is not there. I cannot play dvds in win 10 Media Player like I could back in Win 7 after I download...
  4. cannot play dvds in media player win 10.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Laptop not reading CDs/DVDs on external player

Laptop not reading CDs/DVDs on external player: I have a Pavilion laptop with Windows 10 that has worked with my external CD/DVD player/burner for two years. Suddenly it is not reading the media on the disc and saying that they are blank when they are pre-recorded. I have tried this on several discs and one other external...
  6. internal dvd player stopped working-won't play dvds or cds

internal dvd player stopped working-won't play dvds or cds: or anything else. It shows up in My Computer, but will not work. Checking it in Device Manager, the message is there is no problem with the player, or the driver. Super strange, have never encountered this. I have an Acer All-In-One, and if I can't fix it, I will just...
  7. playing cds/dvds on an external drive

playing cds/dvds on an external drive: Whether my win10 laptop will play cds on an external drive is somewhat hit-and-miss. I have 2 drives, one old and one new. I have the same problem with both, though the old one is recognised as a drive, whereas it seems the newer one isn't. This is a huge problem, as I use...
  8. Windows Media Player won't play CDs

Windows Media Player won't play CDs: Every time I burn a cd it pends in a second, but every time it does that I would play the burned cd and it would play nothing. Why does this happen? ***Original title: Windows Media Player***...
  9. Media Player not working for CDs or DVDs - and never has.

Media Player not working for CDs or DVDs - and never has.: I have never succeeded in playing either a CD or DVD. When I insert a disc, it whirrs for a bit then is silent. Nothing appears in the navigation pane of media player, and it does not begin playing by itself. I have Windows 10 on a Toshiba....
  10. Windows media player will not play some DVDs?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows media player will not play some DVDs?: Windows media player will not play some DVDs. It does nothing when I push the play button. How can I fix this? Thank you for your help. 54259

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why doesnt windows media player play cd on windows 10

2. I WANTS TO DOWNLOAD WINDOW MEDIA PLAYER TO PLAY CD