Windows 10: Windows Media Player encounted an error playing file

Discus and support Windows Media Player encounted an error playing file in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have downloaded all my cd's into Windows Media Player. I now find that I am unable to play any of them as an error message comes up saying 'Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BARGAJ, Jan 11, 2019.

1. BARGAJ Win User

Windows Media Player encounted an error playing file

I have downloaded all my cd's into Windows Media Player. I now find that I am unable to play any of them as an error message comes up saying 'Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file' can anyone help me solve the problem as I have now sold my CD collection!

:)

BARGAJ, Jan 11, 2019

2. Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file

On my media player, I insert a SD card and the media player don't read it and it appear a problem on the media player.

James Cruz Pérez, Jan 11, 2019
  3. Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file

I used to watch video clips on my laptop. Suddenly, when I tried to play a video clip I get the message "Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file". I followed recommendations from Microsoft's web page and tried to remove the programme
    but it does not show on the "remove/change programmes". I tried to install Windows Media Player but a message reads that "Windows Media Player is not compatible with your system". I am not a tech person but can some one please help me with basic step by step
    information?

Felipe Perdomo R, Jan 11, 2019
  4. Windows Media Player encounted an error playing file

Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file

windows media player encountered a problem while playing the file

gattuchandu, Jan 11, 2019
Thema:

Windows Media Player encounted an error playing file

1. Windows Media Player encounted an error playing file - Similar Threads - Media Player encounted

2. Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file.: I get this message and have tried an older reset point...no luck.turned off media player...restart...then turned on media player. no luck https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player-encountered-a-problem-while/176a1c30-4474-46c2-a645-0d973333ea25
  3. Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file.: I get this message and have tried an older reset point...no luck.turned off media player...restart...then turned on media player. no luck https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player-encountered-a-problem-while/176a1c30-4474-46c2-a645-0d973333ea25
  4. Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file.

Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file.: Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player-encountered-a-problem-while/6d5c7526-b3f9-4e77-a6cd-a69150215457
  5. Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file.: Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player-encountered-a-problem-while/6d5c7526-b3f9-4e77-a6cd-a69150215457
  6. Media player Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media player Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the...: Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file.What to do ?...
  7. Media player Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the...

Media player Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the...: Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file.What to do ?...
  8. Randomly getting "Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Randomly getting "Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file": Setup: - Windows 10 - I reboot in order to start fresh and I play a playlist composed on JPG files in Windows Media Player - I get the error "Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file", sometimes on the 3rd file, sometimes on 12th files, sometimes on...
  9. Can't save playlists in Windows Media Player, error Windows Media Player encountered a...

Can't save playlists in Windows Media Player, error Windows Media Player encountered a...: WMP works just fine for playing videos and sound clips. I've never really used it for managing my music or media files since that's not an important part of my life... but I finally want to create a playlist so I can shuffle between a bunch of different small clips randomly...
  10. Windows Media Player Encountered a problem while playing the file

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Media Player Encountered a problem while playing the file: [ATTACH] If you receive an error message – Windows Media Player Encountered a problem while playing the file, when you try to play AVI, WAV, MOV, etc., you need to install the codec files for the same. This post will show [...] This post Windows Media Player Encountered a...