Windows 10: "Windows Media Player encountered a problem while syncing the file to the device."

Discus and support "Windows Media Player encountered a problem while syncing the file to the device." in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When I try to sync media files from Windows Media Player on Windows 10 to my HTC phone, this error message pops up. In the past, I have been able to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by CopperChestnut, Sep 24, 2018.

1. "Windows Media Player encountered a problem while syncing the file to the device."

When I try to sync media files from Windows Media Player on Windows 10 to my HTC phone, this error message pops up. In the past, I have been able to successfully sync files, and there is plenty of storage room on both devices. How can this error be resolved?

:)

CopperChestnut, Sep 24, 2018

2. HELP! Windows Media Player Problem

http://support.microsoft.com/KB/243621

that covers up to version 10... let me see if its diffrent for the newer versions

EDit:

here is how to clear the frequent list.
    http://www.blogsdna.com/4086/how-to...edia-player-12-frequent-list-in-windows-7.htm

and here is how to clear the history
    http://www.downloadatoz.com/essenti...ar-the-windows-media-player-12-history_g.html

and from the last link is the same error where you can just disable it too =)

THRiLL KiLL, Sep 24, 2018
  3. Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file.

Hi Rong,

I suggest you to run the Windows Media Player Troubleshooter
    and check if it helps. Follow the steps below:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Select View all on the top left corner.

• Click on Windows Media Player Settings.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    Next run the Windows Media Player Library and check.

Let us know how it goes, we'll be glad to help!

SujataMoktan, Sep 24, 2018
  4. Pavan_N Win User

"Windows Media Player encountered a problem while syncing the file to the device."

sync problems with win 10 media player

Hi Ernie,

Let us run the Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter and check if it helps, the troubleshooter checks the configuration and network settings for Windows Media Player to make sure that you can play content you've downloaded and saved to
    your computer, or content streaming over a network or the Internet.

The Player syncs your entire Player Library by default if your media device has a storage capacity greater than
    4 gigabytes (GB). If your Player Library grows over time, eventually it might no longer fit on your device, and after which, the Player prioritizes the playlists in your Player Library to sync your favorites first.

If you have a large music collection in your Windows Media Player Library or limited storage capacity on your portable device, it might make sense to sync your device manually. Each time you want to update the media
    on your device, you need to create a list of files and playlists to sync.

Open the Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter

• Press Start button and type
      Control panel.

• Type troubleshooting and select
      Troubleshooting.

• Left corner select view all and select
      Windows media player setting troubleshooter.

• Follow on screen steps and check.
    Perform same steps for Media player Library too. Do let us know if you are able to sync Sony mp3 player with Windows media player. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Sep 24, 2018
Thema:

"Windows Media Player encountered a problem while syncing the file to the device."

1. "Windows Media Player encountered a problem while syncing the file to the device." - Similar Threads - Media Player encountered

2. Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file.: I get this message and have tried an older reset point...no luck.turned off media player...restart...then turned on media player. no luck https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player-encountered-a-problem-while/176a1c30-4474-46c2-a645-0d973333ea25
  3. Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file.: I get this message and have tried an older reset point...no luck.turned off media player...restart...then turned on media player. no luck https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player-encountered-a-problem-while/176a1c30-4474-46c2-a645-0d973333ea25
  4. Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file.

Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file.: Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player-encountered-a-problem-while/6d5c7526-b3f9-4e77-a6cd-a69150215457
  5. Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file.: Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player-encountered-a-problem-while/6d5c7526-b3f9-4e77-a6cd-a69150215457
  6. I am getting a notice that reads "Windows Media Player encountered a problem while syncing...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am getting a notice that reads "Windows Media Player encountered a problem while syncing...: I am getting a notice that reads "Windows Media Player encountered a problem while syncing the file to the device." I am using a microSD card to sync music. What is the problem?...
  7. I am getting a notice that reads "Windows Media Player encountered a problem while syncing...

I am getting a notice that reads "Windows Media Player encountered a problem while syncing...: I am getting a notice that reads "Windows Media Player encountered a problem while syncing the file to the device." I am using a microSD card to sync music. What is the problem?...
  8. Randomly getting "Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Randomly getting "Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file": Setup: - Windows 10 - I reboot in order to start fresh and I play a playlist composed on JPG files in Windows Media Player - I get the error "Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file", sometimes on the 3rd file, sometimes on 12th files, sometimes on...
  9. Windows Media Player Encountered a problem while playing the file

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Media Player Encountered a problem while playing the file: [ATTACH] If you receive an error message – Windows Media Player Encountered a problem while playing the file, when you try to play AVI, WAV, MOV, etc., you need to install the codec files for the same. This post will show [...] This post Windows Media Player Encountered a...
  10. Windows Media Player encountered a problem while downloading..

Windows Media Player encountered a problem while downloading..: Anybody have this problem with WIN 10? No codes were giving, It just says 'Problem while downloading'. I would like to uninstall - reinstall the APP, but WIN 10 is different not like 8.1.. Any help welcomed. 19721

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows Media Player encountered a problem while syncing the file to the device.

2. Windows Media Player encountered a problem while synchronising the file to the device.

3. windows media sync files

4. mediaplayer error syncing,
  5. windows media player encountered problem while syncronizing file to device help,
  6. cant sync in windows media player,
  7. windows media player in windows 10 sync list,
  8. windows media player encountered a problem while syncing the file to the device,
  9. syncing from widows media player,
  10. error message when syncing from windows media player,
  11. windows media player problem while syncing,
  12. windows media player encountered a problem,
  13. windows media player error when syncing to device,
  14. windows media player encountered a problem while sincing the file to the device,
  15. windows media 12 not syncing