Windows 10: Windows Media Player Error: Media Library Corrupted?!?! Please Help!

Discus and support Windows Media Player Error: Media Library Corrupted?!?! Please Help! in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi all, I was using Windows Media Player earlier and it crashed and a little Troubleshooting window popped up saying: I checked through the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by NiceAndShy, Sep 19, 2018.

1. Windows Media Player Error: Media Library Corrupted?!?! Please Help!

Hi all,

I was using Windows Media Player earlier and it crashed and a little Troubleshooting window popped up saying:

I checked through the troubleshooting window and it says that this issue was detected:
    "The media library used by Windows Media Player is corrupted. This might affect your ability to browse and search for media files on your computer."

I'm very worried about this because I'm worried that it means my video files and MP3 files have been corrupted???

Am I safe to reboot my PC now as I need to install Windows 10 updates...?

Thank you for any ideas.

:)

NiceAndShy, Sep 19, 2018

2. Corrupt media plyer library

Hi Tim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

The error ‘Media library is corrupt’ occurs when the Windows Media Player library database has become corrupted.

To resolve this problem, clear the Windows Media Player database. To do this, follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + R, click
      Run
      , type %LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\Media Player, and then click
      OK.

• Select all the files in the folder, and then click
      Delete on the File menu.

Note: You do not have to delete the folders that are in this folder.

Restart Windows Media Player.

If this does not resolve the problem, clear the Windows Media Player database cache files. To do this, follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + R, click
      Run
      , type %LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft, and then click
      OK

• Select the Media Player folder, and then click
      Delete on the File menu.

• Restart Windows Media Player.

Note: Windows Media Player automatically rebuilds the database.

Hope it helps. Do let us know, if you have any further queries about Windows 10.
    We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

SujataMoktan, Sep 19, 2018
  3. THRiLL KiLL, Sep 19, 2018
  4. Yaqub K Win User

Windows Media Player Error: Media Library Corrupted?!?! Please Help!

windows media player

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

What is the exact error message you get when you to try play files on Windows Media Player?

I suggest you to run both Windows Media Player Library and Settings troubleshooter and check.

Step 1: If your computer is having problems playing video or audio files in Windows Media Player, try using the Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter to fix the problem. The troubleshooter checks the configuration and network settings
    for Windows Media Player to make sure that you can play content you've downloaded and saved to your computer, or content streaming over a network or the Internet.

Steps to run Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter are as follows:

• Press Windows key + X and select Control Panel.
    • In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click
      Troubleshooting.
    • Click View all, and then click Windows Media Player Settings
      and follow the instructions.

Step 2: If your computer is having problems accessing your collection of digital media files in the Windows Media Player Library, try using the Windows Media Player Library troubleshooter to fix the problem. The troubleshooter makes sure
    Windows Media Player is correctly installed on your computer, and checks to see whether your Player Library is corrupted.

Steps to run Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter are as follows:

• Press Windows key + X and select Control Panel.
    • In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click
      Troubleshooting.
    • Click View all, and then click Windows Media Player Library
      and follow the instructions.

Please reply us on the status of the issue to assist you further.

Yaqub K, Sep 19, 2018
Thema:

Windows Media Player Error: Media Library Corrupted?!?! Please Help!

1. Windows Media Player Error: Media Library Corrupted?!?! Please Help! - Similar Threads - Media Player Error

2. Transferring Windows Media Player Library.........

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferring Windows Media Player Library.........: This appears to be a common and ancient question which hasn't really ever been answered.How to transfer the Windows Media Player library that takes months if not weeks to update...
  3. Transferring Windows Media Player Library.........

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transferring Windows Media Player Library.........: This appears to be a common and ancient question which hasn't really ever been answered.How to transfer the Windows Media Player library that takes months if not weeks to update...
  4. anybody know how to fix a corrupted media player library?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    anybody know how to fix a corrupted media player library?: im on windows 11 , and I permanently spoofed 2-3 months ago , due to a faulty ban, after that perm spoof, my media player hasnt been working, it dosent play videos at all, nothing, i get an error saying “ we couldnt play this video”video name”.mp4 try again in a bit. after...
  5. Windows Media player library is corrupted

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Media player library is corrupted: PC has a windows 10 Home installed I have updated my PC to the current versionI have updated all my relevant driver's I have reinstalled media player Numerous timesMy question: where else might the media player folder be located outside of %LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft since it's...
  6. Windows Media player library is corrupted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Media player library is corrupted: PC has a windows 10 Home installed I have updated my PC to the current versionI have updated all my relevant driver's I have reinstalled media player Numerous timesMy question: where else might the media player folder be located outside of %LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft since it's...
  7. Windows Media player library is corrupted

8. Media Player Library

in Windows 10 Customization
    Media Player Library: My Media Play is finding incorrect information when I Rip CD's, how do I use/change to a more reliable source for this information https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-player-library/2a6e12e5-a529-40dc-9a28-e516a076ebcd
  9. Windows Media Player Library

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Media Player Library: This has started popping up on my monitor. Never have seen it before today. Anyone else with this? [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player-library/d848f55a-dc62-4cc1-94f7-c49e27f497a6"
  10. windows media player-help please-urgent!

windows media player-help please-urgent!: I have unstalled windows media player but I need to re install it but I have forgotten how to do this.i really need to get it back so I can listen to my cds again....gerald

Users found this page by searching for:

1. media library is corrupted windows 10

2. wmp library corrupt

3. windows media library corrupted