Windows 10: Windows Media Player for Windows 10. Music will not play.

Discus and support Windows Media Player for Windows 10. Music will not play. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Small, red, round dot with x on it has appeared at the start of music title and is unplayable. Any suggestions please?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by CharlieGemmell, Jun 29, 2019.

1. Windows Media Player for Windows 10. Music will not play.

Small, red, round dot with x on it has appeared at the start of music title and is unplayable. Any suggestions please?

:)

CharlieGemmell, Jun 29, 2019

2. Faulty Windows Media Player

Windows Mesdis Player developed a fault (Played jerky an missed bits) so I down loaded Media Player 10.

It's no better. Any suggestions (I run Windows 98)

christieau, Jun 29, 2019
  3. THRiLL KiLL, Jun 29, 2019
  4. Windows Media Player for Windows 10. Music will not play.

New Windows Media Player Plugin for Firefox

Anyone who uses Windows Vista and Mozilla Firefox may be pleased to hear that the Windows Media Player team has now released a plugin for Firefox that should allow the browser to play WMP content on websites. Here are the steps to get it working:
    • Installation of the Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin may require administrative access to your PC. It is recommended that you close all other open browser windows before continuing with the installation.
    • Click the Install button to automatically download and install the Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin.
    • Depending on your security settings, you may see a Security Warning dialog box. Click Install to install the plugin.
    There is a known issue if you are using Firefox version 2.0.0.3 on Windows Vista with the installer failing with error code -203. To work around this simply restart Firefox (you will get a notification that Windows Vista will be changing the Firefox compatibility settings) and then install again - the second time should succeed.

The download is available here, and the new plugin works on all versions of Windows XP and Windows Vista (although it is mostly intended for Vista, as that currently has no WMP support in Firefox).

Source: Windows Vista Blog

Jimmy 2004, Jun 29, 2019
Thema:

Windows Media Player for Windows 10. Music will not play.

1. Windows Media Player for Windows 10. Music will not play. - Similar Threads - Media Player Music

2. Media Player won't play a music file.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Media Player won't play a music file.: Media Play won't open a music file https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-player-wont-play-a-music-file/f70ed620-dfe3-4498-8557-fe7be5889dba
  3. Media Player won't play a music file.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media Player won't play a music file.: Media Play won't open a music file https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-player-wont-play-a-music-file/f70ed620-dfe3-4498-8557-fe7be5889dba
  4. Media Player won't play a music file.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. cant play DRM music on media player

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant play DRM music on media player: cant play drm on media player https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-play-drm-music-on-media-player/835f0448-712a-427b-a08c-855188da894c
  6. cant play DRM music on media player

cant play DRM music on media player: cant play drm on media player https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-play-drm-music-on-media-player/835f0448-712a-427b-a08c-855188da894c
  7. Playing music from MP3 via Windows Media Player

Playing music from MP3 via Windows Media Player: I have Windows 10 on laptop and Sony MP3 player old. Music on there will not play now via Windows Media Player. It shows albums / tracks etc but will not play. I need to edit MP3 music to bring up to date....
  8. Windows Media Player is not playing music from CD

Windows Media Player is not playing music from CD: I have a new PC and I have connected a Pioneer BDR-XD07U drive via USB with a CD audio disc in the drive but when I try to play any audio track from the drive Windows Media Player will launch but not play any of the tracks. The drive shows in Media Player so the app at least...
  9. Windows Media Player will not play Music CD

Windows Media Player will not play Music CD: I am running Windows 10 v.1903 and Windows Media Player v12. All updates were done. When I inserted a music CD into my CD/DVD drive, the Windows Media Player will start, and, after loading the music CD, will start Windows Installer to try to install something (showing just...
  10. Windows Media Player is not playing the Music Playlist

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Media Player is not playing the Music Playlist: [ATTACH] Windows Media Player in most cases is a much better media player when compared to Groove. We can understand why the Groove Music app was created, but with the music pass aspect dead in the water, maybe it’s time for [...] This post Windows Media Player is not...