Windows 10: Windows Media Player has encounted an error while burning...

Discus and support Windows Media Player has encounted an error while burning... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I get this error on unprotected mp3 files using WMP 12 and Windows 10. This happens burning audio, but not data, files. Tried 2 different external CD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Robert McDonald Adams, Dec 23, 2019.

1. Windows Media Player has encounted an error while burning...

I get this error on unprotected mp3 files using WMP 12 and Windows 10. This happens burning audio, but not data, files. Tried 2 different external CD burners and different CD-R's. Firmware not updatable on both burners. Used to burn just fine. Rebooted. Device Manager says Burners are working properly.

:)

Robert McDonald Adams, Dec 23, 2019
  2. Dale-NA Win User

Windows 10, Media Player 12, Burning Audio CD "An Error Occurred" details states "Windows Media Player encountered a problem while burning the file to the disc."

When burning an Audio CD using CD-R or CD-RW I am getting an error from windows media player 12.

"Windows Media Player cannot burn some of the files. To investigate the problem, click the icon next to the files in the burn list."

Software installed on system is

• Windows 10 build 1803 (x64)
    • Media Player 12.0.17134.81
    • Nero 2018 Platinum
    Using a LG model WH16NS40 drive and Magnavox 52x 700MB 80min disc. My C: drive is a Samsung 500 GB 850 SSD that contains my library of MP3 files. My paging file is managed by the system on a RAID 0 drive D: comprised of 3 Samsung 1 TB 850
    SSD drives. Intel i7 7820X CPU and 128 Gigs of RAM.

Steps to reproduce,

1. Open Media player
    2. Select enough MP3's in your library to fill the disc (I was using 700 MB discs)
    3. Add them to a new bun list in Media Player
    4. Insert a CD into drive. (tried both CD-R and CD-RW with same results)
    5. From the "Burn" tab in Media Player I selected the "Start Burn" button
    6. I immediately was given an error message:
      1. "Windows Media Player cannot burn some of the files. To investigate the problem, click the icon next to the files in the burn list."
    7. Changed to optical drive letter (mine is drive EWindows Media Player has encounted an error while burning... :) in media player. Status in media player stated "An Error Occurred"
    8. Selected the red X next to file. It said the following:
      1. "Windows Media Player encountered a problem while burning the file to the disc."
    9. Press the "Start burn" again and now different files from the same list are causing the error. Never gets to processing the files for the burn
    10. Keep pressing "Start Burn" until it works and no errors are reported. No changes of the audio files just clicked the "Start Burn" button.
    Burn options in Media player are:

• General
      • Burn Speed - Slow
    • Audio CDs
      • Apply volume leveling across tracks - CHECKED
      • Burn CD without gaps - CHECKED
    • Data Discs
      • Add a list of all burned files to the disk in this format: - M3U
      • Use media information to arrange files in folders on the disc - CHECKED

I have a video of the this process to back up what I'm reporting

The problem is when I have a large selection of files I want to burn to multiple Audio discs, I have to "baby sit" the process and only process enough files to fill one disc (multiple discs won't retry just moves onto the next set of files). A burn of multiple
    discs is a nightmare using Windows Media player and is as pleasant as backing up a 1 TB drive to floppies.

I've seen other posts about un-installing media player (did that), defrag the hard drive (SSD try again), Clean the CD lens, CD's are old technology (really!!!, an excuse I seen on this forum from another user). Windows Media Player won't burn CDs

Please fix Media Player so it won't error out on files that are obviously not the problem. I've been using Media Player since version 10. I've tried others and they either focus on doing too much, poorly or don't have this ability to burn a playlist as
    easily at Media Player.

Dale-NA, Dec 23, 2019
  3. M. Hamer Win User
    Errors when attempting to burn a music disk using Windows Media Player

When attempting to burn a music disk to a CD-R or CD-RW, Windows Media Player sometimes returns one of the following errors:

Windows Media Player cannot burn some of the files.

To investigate the problem, click the icon next to the files in the burn list.

Or

Windows Media Player encountered a problem while burning the file to disk.

M. Hamer, Dec 23, 2019
  4. Windows Media Player has encounted an error while burning...

Unable to burn audio cd in Windows Media Player

Hello,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows media player. I will certainly help you.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1: Troubleshooting.

Step 1: Run Windows Media player
    troubleshooter by following the steps below, and check if the issue is resolved.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar next to
      Start icon, and select the top most search result.
    • Click on View all option from the left side panel of the window,
    • Select Windows Media Player DVD from the listed options, click on
      Advanced option, and check Apply repairs automatically
      option.
    • Follow the on screen instructions.

Step 2: I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search box next to
      Start button and select the top most search result.
    • Click on View all from left side panel of the screen.
    • Select Hardware and Devices, click on
      Advanced
      option and check Apply repairs automatically
      option.
    • Follow the on screen instructions.
    • Close the window and check if the changes are effective.

Method 2: If the issue persist, I suggest you to disable and enable the Windows media player by following the steps below:

• Press Windows icon key on the keyboard, type
      Windows Media Player, right click on the top most search result and select
      Uninstall option.
    • From the window, click on Turn Windows feature on or off.
    • Expand the Media Features option from the window, and uncheck the
      Windows Media Player.
    • Follow the steps from ‘a’ to ‘c’, except check the Windows Media Player option and check if the issue is resolved.

As a reference, click on the link below about Burn a CD or DVD in Windows Media Player:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/burn-cd-dvd-media-player#1TC=windows-10

Let us know the results. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Anju Thekkethil, Dec 23, 2019
Thema:

Windows Media Player has encounted an error while burning...

1. Windows Media Player has encounted an error while burning... - Similar Threads - Media Player has

2. Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file.: I get this message and have tried an older reset point...no luck.turned off media player...restart...then turned on media player. no luck https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player-encountered-a-problem-while/176a1c30-4474-46c2-a645-0d973333ea25
  3. Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file.: I get this message and have tried an older reset point...no luck.turned off media player...restart...then turned on media player. no luck https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player-encountered-a-problem-while/176a1c30-4474-46c2-a645-0d973333ea25
  4. Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file.

Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file.: Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player-encountered-a-problem-while/6d5c7526-b3f9-4e77-a6cd-a69150215457
  5. Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file.: Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player-encountered-a-problem-while/6d5c7526-b3f9-4e77-a6cd-a69150215457
  6. Media Player Burn error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Media Player Burn error: Error message - some files cannot burn, check files with icon against them. There is no files with an error icon. How can I resolve this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-player-burn-error/607f5973-a240-4bde-863f-7124a8229732"
  7. Windows Media Player cannot burn some of the files error while burning audio files

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Media Player cannot burn some of the files error while burning audio files: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If you receive Windows Media Player cannot burn some of the files error while burning the files to disk or CD on your Windows 10 PC, then these suggestions will help you fix the issue. The whole error message reads [...] This post Windows Media Player cannot...
  8. Windows Media Player Burning

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Media Player Burning: Can any one tell me why my Windows Media Player will not burn properly? I put in a new disc to burn, it runs thru about 25 %, then it rejects it saying the following message. ... Windows Media Player cannot burn the files. If the burner is busy, wait for the...
  9. Windows Media Player Encountered a problem while playing the file

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Media Player Encountered a problem while playing the file: [ATTACH] If you receive an error message – Windows Media Player Encountered a problem while playing the file, when you try to play AVI, WAV, MOV, etc., you need to install the codec files for the same. This post will show [...] This post Windows Media Player Encountered a...
  10. Windows Media Player encountered a problem while downloading..

Windows Media Player encountered a problem while downloading..: Anybody have this problem with WIN 10? No codes were giving, It just says 'Problem while downloading'. I would like to uninstall - reinstall the APP, but WIN 10 is different not like 8.1.. Any help welcomed. 19721

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows media player encountered an error while burning